Jr suite guarantee

topnole

just booked a jr suite guarantee on oasis class ship. After payment it said jr suite gaurantee as I expected. After logging into and adding to my cruises it says deluxe guarantee which they define as a superior ocean view stateroom and in another part actually says could be any deluxe/suite category EXCLUDING suites. What in the heck does that mean? Did I get fooled here?

If you booked a jr. suite guarantee, then you have a jr. suite guarantee.

But when I log in it no longer say jr suite guarantee. It just says deluxe guarantee which is defined by what I said above which specifically says excluding suites. Hence my question in my first post. Something seems off to me with this.

But when I log in it no longer say jr suite guarantee. It just says deluxe guarantee which is defined by what I said above which specifically says excluding suites. Hence my question in my first post. Something seems off to me with this.

Something is clearly off if you booked a jr. suite guarantee and the website does not reflect that. What specifically the problem is I don't know (which is why I didn't answer the "what the heck is this" question in the OP) but I do know that the stateroom category you have is the stateroom category you booked. So no, you did not get fooled.

This is a common question because Royal continues to sue confusing language for the description of this category in certain places. I'd contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. If this shows that you have a "W" category, then that is a minimum of a JS.

Call RC and have them look at/fix it for you.

Just did. She said that yes it is very confusing they way it is presented in my cruises but we would have a jr suite or above and don't worry about the way it is written in my booking.

This is a common question because Royal continues to sue confusing language for the description of this category in certain places. I'd contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. If this shows that you have a "W" category, then that is a minimum of a JS.

It is a "W" and you are correct. Here's hoping they give us a good deck or maybe even a higher category. No harm in hoping just a little. :cool:

Quick question. Do you get double c&a points for "w" category?

We have a category W for our cruise in oct with Harmony, and we was assigned a junior suite for ny husband and a friend and a grand suite for me and our two kids so yes you can hope for a higher category[emoji41]. Our booking was also going from suite to delux, almost every night it changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am. Is it that bad though? I've heard mixed reviews about on this? Always avoided deck 14 but our price was good enough to risk it.

What time(s) is it usually the worst or is it always bad?

It's only really bad when you are trying to sleep. [emoji33] 11pm till 7am. [emoji6]

And to think it only took Royal 25 years to figure that out. Do not put your most expensive real estate under the pool deck.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Nice, and not on Deck 14. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You had me worried. We've never done a J/S guarantee and never been on deck 14 and the thought of sleep interruption due to squeaking chairs was making me almost regret booking it that way. Of course now I'm quite happy I did. I was going to be happy with anything not on deck 14 but a GS is great. Our location is right next to the DL for easy coffee runs if needed and of course right by the elevator to the suite lounge for meals or drinks. Couldn't be happier.

I was looking at suites on the Jewel and another Radiance class ship (forget the name). Every single suite is located on deck 10, right under the pools, couple bars, and the Windjammer.

As a light sleeper, I'll pass, and would probably even be unhappy if 'upgraded'.