Final payment date

English_in_Spain

We are on the Veendam on 8th December 2017

Can someone tell me when the final payment date is for US passengers - ie when people can no longer drop out without loss of deposit.

As you may know, things are different here in Europe. When we book and pay a deposit that is us locked into the cruise. We have just paid our balance.

We find that when the US final payment date passes we can get a better guide of which cabins are actually booked and which are just on hold.

Can someone tell me when the final payment date is for US passengers - ie when people can no longer drop out without loss of deposit.

As you may know, things are different here in Europe. When we book and pay a deposit that is us locked into the cruise. We have just paid our balance.

We find that when the US final payment date passes we can get a better guide of which cabins are actually booked and which are just on hold.

It's been 90 days on the last 2 cruises I've booked and have booked, Carol.

Cruises that are over 30 days, Grands and World have different dates when cancellation fees kick in but for most of the others it's the 90 day mark.

For most of our cruises it has been 75 days. Some exceptions are Grand cruises, holiday cruises, Hawaii/So Pacific, Austrailia/NZ, Prinsendam Europe, Asia, and So America/Antarctica cruises. For the Veendam Dec 8th in the Caribbean final payment in the US should be Sep 24.

See https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=Cancellation

Edited by catl331

I believe it varies if the booking has been made directly with HAL, in which case a non-Grand will be due within 75 days of sailing. But if it was booked with a TA, it may be 90 days. So I guess you should count on the 75 days if you are looking for cancellations, since all cancellations, w/o penalties, must be done by that date.

I am on your cruise and my final payment date is Sept 24th.

From the HAL Contract:

Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 29-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer

120–91 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;

90–76 days before commencing travel: 60% of Refund Amount;

75 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of Refund Amount.

All Holiday; Australia; New Zealand; South Pacific; Asia; Prinsendam Europe; South America and Antarctica sailings

90–64 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;

63–43 days before commencing travel: 50% of Refund Amount;

42–22 days before commencing travel: 75% of Refund Amount;

21 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of Refund Amount.

Caribbean; Panama Canal; Mexico; Canada & New England; Pacific Coastal; Pacific Northwest; Alaska and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys; Europe (except Prinsendam Europe, 30+ day Transatlantic and segments of 30+ day Transatlantic) and 27-day or less Hawaii sailings

75–57 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;

56–29 days before commencing travel: 50% of Refund Amount;

28–16 days before commencing travel: 75% of Refund Amount;

15 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of Refund Amount.

m--

I am on your cruise and my final payment date is Sept 24th.

Thank you

We have an SB guarantee booked and wondered what other cabins are still open. We would really like to stay in one of the two SB cabins but I guess we will get what we are given

Look forward to meeting you

for those relying on 75 day time lines, you might want to watch It next time. I posted based on my April/2016 cruise and my upcoming cruises. They are not 75 but 90. Yes, the Westerdam was over 30 days so that makes sense,

But, the P'dam is two legs of 14 days - so it should follow the normal rules - it's 89/90 days.

I don't know if this is a change or a fluke but pay close attention to your final payment dates and even more importantly the cancellation date.

For the 14 day Dec. 8 Veendam, final payment is due Sept. 24, but last day to cancel without penalties is Sept. 22 (Cancellation penalties begin Sept. 23). Just checked all of those on our cruise confirmation. We booked directly with HAL. We are possibly going to cancel, so I'm watching those dates.

From the HAL Contract:

Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 29-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer

120–91 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;

90–76 days before commencing travel: 60% of Refund Amount;

75 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of Refund Amount.

All Holiday; Australia; New Zealand; South Pacific; Asia; Prinsendam Europe; South America and Antarctica sailings

90–64 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;

63–43 days before commencing travel: 50% of Refund Amount;

42–22 days before commencing travel: 75% of Refund Amount;

21 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of Refund Amount.

Caribbean; Panama Canal; Mexico; Canada & New England; Pacific Coastal; Pacific Northwest; Alaska and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys; Europe (except Prinsendam Europe, 30+ day Transatlantic and segments of 30+ day Transatlantic) and 27-day or less Hawaii sailings

75–57 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;

56–29 days before commencing travel: 50% of Refund Amount;

28–16 days before commencing travel: 75% of Refund Amount;

15 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of Refund Amount.

m--

I know the rules, I'm just saying that they are not applying on my next cruise - it's NOT 75 days and it's not any of the above - why I say everyone should check. It's booked in two segments, yet my second segment payment is showing due at the same time as my first segment.

It's no biggie - but it would be fi one needs a cancellation date. Or to start to look for sales.

It looks like the way this cruise is going that it's not an issue ;) I suspect most categories will be sold out before final payment date from what I am hearing.

I know the rules, I'm just saying that they are not applying on my next cruise - it's NOT 75 days and it's not any of the above -

Isn't it in the middle group?

Isn't it in the middle group?

Right - thanks - forgot about the P'dam Europe :o That explains the discrepancy.