Self Disembarkation Question

bekbek4248

Hi guys!

Hoping someone can help me out with this question! I've done quite a few searches and haven't quite figured it out.

My husband and I will be on the Solstice in a couple weeks going from Vancouver to Hawaii. I am wondering how self disembarkation works- my husband and I love the idea of not having to have our bags out the night before. Actually, I love the idea! Too hard for me to try and pack my clothes and toiletries and not forget anything I need! What can I say.. I need options in the morning! :) We do not have an early flight so we don't want/need to be the first to leave, so I am just wondering is it possible to self disembark at a normal hour (not the first to leave)? I completely understand we have to haul our bags ourselves, that's no problem at all! I am mainly asking how the process works? I have found a lot of information on self disembarking if you have a very early flight, but what if just want to leave the ship at 8 or 9, but carry our own belongings off?

Hopefully that question makes sense! Any feedback would be great. Thank you!

Yes, there is no requirement to debark early if you opt for self-disembarkation - you can do leave at a time of your choosing. Just be aware the elevators can become rather crowded at times, so it may take a while to find one with space for you and your luggage. We are fairly light packers, so we just utilize the stairs when self-disembarking.

Hi guys!

Hoping someone can help me out with this question! I've done quite a few searches and haven't quite figured it out.

My husband and I will be on the Solstice in a couple weeks going from Vancouver to Hawaii. I am wondering how self disembarkation works- my husband and I love the idea of not having to have our bags out the night before. Actually, I love the idea! Too hard for me to try and pack my clothes and toiletries and not forget anything I need! What can I say.. I need options in the morning! :) We do not have an early flight so we don't want/need to be the first to leave, so I am just wondering is it possible to self disembark at a normal hour (not the first to leave)? I completely understand we have to haul our bags ourselves, that's no problem at all! I am mainly asking how the process works? I have found a lot of information on self disembarking if you have a very early flight, but what if just want to leave the ship at 8 or 9, but carry our own belongings off?

Hopefully that question makes sense! Any feedback would be great. Thank you!

Hi Bekbek4248

We aren't sure of the answer to your question but will be on the same cruise. Did you sign up for roll call?

Aloha 😊

We do self-disembarkation every time. Most of the time we line up extra early so we're among the first off, for a 9:30 flight or something like that.

But on occasion we have a later flight and we take our time, getting out of the cabin when they say, and we just have our luggage with us till they tell us we need to leave (kicking and screaming :'))

We always each have a large case and our smaller carry on will stack on top, so it's zero problem for us to take it down, and move various places with it.

We'll be doing it again in March - lingering till the very end and then getting off with all our luggage.

You & your luggage are to be out if the cabin by 8 so the crew can prepare for those boarding. The buffet, MDR, shut down breakfast about 8 and they normally have everyone off the ship by 9:30. So between leaving the cabin with luggage and last off at 9: 30 there isn't anything to do but sit in a public space.

I would really say it depends upon on how much luggage you have with you. You can and most likely will create some traffic jams in the public spaces if you each have a large piece(s) of luggage in addition to your carry ons. If they are carry-ons only, this shouldn't be an issue. You can then disembark at your leisure.

On Infinity..out of Ft Lauderdale no one on self disembark line or suites were permitted to use stairs.,,everyone used reserved elevators. Maybe later stairs would be Ok..they said it was a safety req,,quite a mess getting off the ship....

Sep ques, does anyone know if E plus cruisers gets priority for self disembark or just suite guests..? On Inf last time suite guests were let off first. We are cruising again in Oct ( Infinity San Pedro) and would like to avoid standing on the self disemvark line,,.only to see others go off before us,,

We have a pvt car service meeting us and a flight out of LAX after 1 pm..we should have enough time,,.hopefully!

I don't know if anyone gets priority on early walk-off, but on the Infinity, we noticed many people got their suitcases in line and then headed to the buffet for breakfast, coming back maybe 20 or so minutes before they started the line to disembark. Seemed to make a lot sense to me. Will absolutely try that on our upcoming cruise.