Upsell fairy and regret

The upsell fairy sold me on going from interior to a balcony. I was super excited but before I confirmed I asked if it was mid-ship bc I really liked my interior room's location. She said it was. Well, I'm not mad but I did learn my lesson to not take the fairy by her word. I looked at the deck map and it's located towards the very back of the ship.

No matter what i will enjoy my room and the cruise!!!! But I do regret going for the offer and upgrading.

Has anyone else ever regretted their decision to upgrade when the upsell fairy called?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The upsell fairy sold me on going from interior to a balcony. I was super excited but before I confirmed I asked if it was mid-ship bc I really liked my interior room's location. She said it was. Well, I'm not mad but I did learn my lesson to not take the fairy by her word. I looked at the deck map and it's located towards the very back of the ship.

No matter what i will enjoy my room and the cruise!!!! But I do regret going for the offer and upgrading.

Has anyone else ever regretted their decision to upgrade when the upsell fairy called?

Always verify yourself before making any purchase (or upgrade). They'll hold while you check and if they want, tell them no thanks.

We have been called twice by the upsell fairy, and took it once. We went from an aft-view extended balcony to an ocean suite for about $120 total. It was a great deal. We enjoy having a balcony, and haven't had an inside cabin in quite a while. We like being in the aft of the boat because it's closer to the Lido deck, and the restaurants. Anywhere on a ship is good for us though.

Depending on what you paid for the upsell, that is a great deal, I like the aft cabins. But if you really do want to move, call back and try to get your original cabin back. You may not have any luck, but it can't hurt to try.

We like the back. Elevator lets you of right at lido restaurant and you don't have drunks talking loud at 2 in the morning walking outside your cabin.

The exact reasons why we always book aft cabins.

Wow so many good points about aft! I have always been midship. I ended up not calling to try to cancel or anything bc I was too busy at work. Now I'm glad I didn't!!! Thanks everyone!! :)

Once you go balcony you may never want to go back so be prepared.

We went from an aft-view extended balcony to an ocean suite for about $120 total. It was a great deal .

We always get and Aft-extended balcony room. How did you like the ocean suite? Someday I hope to get that call for an upgrade offer!

Wow so many good points about aft! I have always been midship. I ended up not calling to try to cancel or anything bc I was too busy at work. Now I'm glad I didn't!!! Thanks everyone!! :)

How much more for the upgrade can we ask and what ship and cruise???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much more for the upgrade can we ask and what ship and cruise???

Splendor on Sept 3rd and my upgrade cost was $125 total to move from interior to balcony.

Again, so happy I read what everyone said!! I'm sold on the aft now!!

Splendor on Sept 3rd and my upgrade cost was $125 total to move from interior to balcony.

Again, so happy I read what everyone said!! I'm sold on the aft now!!

Sounds like a great deal!!!