Best way to get to airport from Queen's wharf

What would be the best and cheapest way to get from Queen's Wharf in Auckland to the airport. Cruise line is charging $40 US per person.

The airport bus leaves from Downtown, an easy walk ,just over the road from Queens Wharf ...

https://www.skybus.co.nz/destinations/auckland-city

Auckland City

SkyBus operates transfers between Auckland Airport and Auckland City 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with day departures as frequent as every 10 minutes.

The airport bus leaves from Downtown, an easy walk ,just over the road from Queens Wharf ...

https://www.skybus.co.nz/destinations/auckland-city

Auckland City

SkyBus operates transfers between Auckland Airport and Auckland City 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with day departures as frequent as every 10 minutes.

That looks great. NZ$17 pp is a good price.

A taxi would cost around NZ$75 so that is a bit cheaper than paying for a shuttle for two people. If you group is larger, then a taxi is much cheaper.

just an update re taxis....

the Waterview tunnel is now open which gives quick motorway access all the way to the airport . Word is that it is much quicker , but a bit further in distance , hence a bit more expensive.

Have not used it yet so I dont know the new fare.

just an update re taxis....

the Waterview tunnel is now open which gives quick motorway access all the way to the airport . Word is that it is much quicker , but a bit further in distance , hence a bit more expensive.

Have not used it yet so I dont know the new fare.

Unless there is a snarl up at the city end of the northwestern motorway then the new tunnel should be much quicker than that slow grind through Epsom and Newmarket. I'll look forward to trying it next time I'm over.

• 3 weeks later...