New Carnival Labor Day sale is more than Reg Price

ScottChez

I have been tracking prices for a month now for a Cruise in September.

There is a web site called the Wayback Machine dot comm that records the front page of every web site going back years.

I noticed a pattern that Carnival always has a sale on Labor Day.

Last year it was $50 On Board Credit plus sale price.

This Year, strange thing is the Sale Price More than Reg Price and NO credit. How can this be sale?

I got to wonder if they raised prices so all those with cancel credits dont get as much for their credit.

Increase is averaging $30 more per room type.

Looking at the sailings, it looks like you get upgrade to higher deck at no additional cost. But you pay more to begin with. Example, sailing with early saver was $589/pp for interior with Deck 1, deck 9 total was $1489. Labor day sale was $604 but was for any deck, deck 9 was $1439. So saved $50 in the sale, but only if you opted for higher decks.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Here is a tip on how to check this to make sure you are getting a sale price in case some do not know how.

You have to be careful on their web site, or better yet call a Travel Agent as the Web Site will try to trick you and make it look like they are running out of rooms when in fact they are not, they just only show so many rooms at a time. Travel agents can seem more, but downside to agents is you are then locked into them for any minor change or upgrades (they then own your reservation), the trade off is you may get a lower price and they get a commision (win win for both I guess).

On the main web page price out your Cruise, pick the type, and select Pick your Cabin.

For example select the Cabin and the Date and say a Balcony for $xxx

Then select CHOOSE FROM OPTIONS

Enter how many rooms and people

Select State if prompted

Choose Room Type again

Select let me choose room

HERE IS THE KEY- then select MORE OPTIONS . here you will sell Carnival pricing reg, sale, past sale customer pricing everything. Then you will know if the Sale is really a sale price, if you see other lower prices it most likely is not a sale at all or worse like this weeks sale, the price went up.

To further see price, do this again but log off if you logged on, pricing will change again, most of the time it goes up more, sometimes it shows rooms that were not there before.

Tricky sale system.

On the cruises I've been looking at its lower because the screen that would normally charge an additional per day fee for a higher deck (lido in my case) says included under that sale.

Now what they did is when they had that OBC sale recently, they raised prices to cover the OBC. Then when that sale ended they didn't lower the price back. Now this sale brings my price back to what the regular price was before that OBC sale.

If I can afford it, and it's a price I think is reasonable, I get it. Then part of the fun for me is checking the price to see if it goes down. If it does, I call and get money taken off. It's never gone down for me after final payment.

I have been tracking prices for a month now for a Cruise in September.

There is a web site called the Wayback Machine dot comm that records the front page of every web site going back years.

I noticed a pattern that Carnival always has a sale on Labor Day.

Last year it was $50 On Board Credit plus sale price.

This Year, strange thing is the Sale Price More than Reg Price and NO credit. How can this be sale?

I got to wonder if they raised prices so all those with cancel credits dont get as much for their credit.

Increase is averaging $30 more per room type.

They have to get there $$$ back from Harvey.

I got the calculator out, for the date and ship I wont, no matter how I do it the Labor day sale is more. What a gimmic.

Last years labor day sale everyone got a sale price AND $50 on board credit (I checked using that waybackmaching dot comm web site where you can enter in past dates)

So everyone new , either use a travel agent or watch out for those miss leading Carnival Sales that are not really sales. The other promos may be better so be sure to click that show option button and get the calculator out.

I saw in email from Carnival that their sale is $15 cabin upgrade. So price is $15 more than regular price but you can "upgrade" to higher deck for no additional $$. Not really great IMHO, you can do better through Costco travel.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

There is no 'standard' price of a cabin. They always fluctuate in their own based on supply and demand even without factoring in the other value enhancers such as OBC's or upgrades.

Nothing if free; not cruises, your 4th tire or that extra 20% in the box of cereal.

Edited by ray98

If I can afford it, and it's a price I think is reasonable, I get it. Then part of the fun for me is checking the price to see if it goes down. If it does, I call and get money taken off. It's never gone down for me after final payment.

Same here. Have over $200 obc for November cruise just for this reason

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here. Have over $200 obc for November cruise just for this reason

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lucky!!!! The price of my cruise later this month has just continued to creep up since I booked it in February. I am also watching a few December sailings waiting to hear if I will be able to get off work and all of those except for one have gone up. Looks like Carnival is having no trouble selling cabins and the only way to get a deal it to book super early!