Same Cabins on Sister Ships in Different Categories--Why?

clan

I've been looking at the deck plans for Emerald Deck on the Crown, Ruby and Emerald. Cabins E404 and E405 on the Crown are classified as Ocean View, on the Ruby as Ocean View Obstructed, and on the Emerald E404 is Ocean View Obstructed and E405 is Ocean View. Why would this be since they are sister ships?

I'm particularly interested in E405 on the Ruby. Anyone stayed in that cabin? Any issues at all? Thanks!

I think it must be the degree of obstruction, but I cannot see any difference between the Emerald, Ruby or Crown. E405 on all ships is adjacent to the forward big white box holding emergency equipment. There are three rooms between the box and the small skiff. The window of E405 on the Ruby does not appear to be obstructed by the box. Stop this video at 1:55 and you can clearly see all three windows between the box and the skiff.

Emerald pic:

(Pause at 4:52)

Not sure which ship this was taken from, but here is the view from inside, courtesy of Renmar:

E405x.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpyAmMj5gMUCx2e1PkAVJVPB5rVo5EwtT2ygWc6NaKbAwAc6bI12bkrIA1f9lHJC02EoZKJ0tJCqvKjqXxAj5XHIJ3siqk6KtqJFgifNO-KlHEJhqY00w1rNFNwXebqNjpqTq_rrP5aXcyWzqWL4a1lMw46EjOL4IgcuOd577xgNerbbCDw0yUtWrVNZHuSJWReps5gxdzCz1fCGQbN2IRoUNfzM4N-8R401mKbghUDhYTdmq8AmkRZAg0Y5x2ED72zKV7V&attredirects=0

https://290df61e-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins301--330/E405x.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpyAmMj5gMUCx2e1PkAVJVPB5rVo5EwtT2ygWc6NaKbAwAc6bI12bkrIA1f9lHJC02EoZKJ0tJCqvKjqXxAj5XHIJ3siqk6KtqJFgifNO-KlHEJhqY00w1rNFNwXebqNjpqTq_rrP5aXcyWzqWL4a1lMw46EjOL4IgcuOd577xgNerbbCDw0yUtWrVNZHuSJWReps5gxdzCz1fCGQbN2IRoUNfzM4N-8R401mKbghUDhYTdmq8AmkRZAg0Y5x2ED72zKV7V&attredirects=0

Hope that helps.

Edited by cherylandtk
Picture shows in preview, but not posted

I've been looking at the deck plans for Emerald Deck on the Crown, Ruby and Emerald. Cabins E404 and E405 on the Crown are classified as Ocean View, on the Ruby as Ocean View Obstructed, and on the Emerald E404 is Ocean View Obstructed and E405 is Ocean View. Why would this be since they are sister ships?

I'm particularly interested in E405 on the Ruby. Anyone stayed in that cabin? Any issues at all? Thanks!

Sometimes the obstructed cabins are not really obstructed or obstructed only slightly, so they may be referred to as oceanview? I have seen notes under an obstructed view photo stating that the price for that particular cabin may be more because it's not really obstructed.

Sometimes the obstructed cabins are not really obstructed or obstructed only slightly, so they may be referred to as oceanview? I have seen notes under an obstructed view photo stating that the price for that particular cabin may be more because it's not really obstructed.

We were on the Crown and were upgraded to E404 (or next door). It was listed as obstructed and it was really not obstructed at all when at sea. I went to go book that room again knowing it was such a great choice for an obstructed OV cabin and it has been reclassified as unobstructed. Oh well ... at least I got it once! There was this disk they put up when we were in port ... I am guessing that was the obstruction.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

Remember approx. 1 to 2 years passed between those ships construction.

IMO.........

Placement of safety equipment/survival craft/hydraulics/catwalks/cables and associated apparatus can change in design and due to the fact that most of it is outside those OV cabin windows one ship may be obstructed and the other may be unobstructed.

Renmar is kind of my hero. Soooooooo many people have benefited from the images on that site. I know I have. We booked an OV cabin once that had almost no obstruction at all but never would have know it if not for renmar's wonderful site.

Renmar is kind of my hero. Soooooooo many people have benefited from the images on that site. I know I have. We booked an OV cabin once that had almost no obstruction at all but never would have know it if not for renmar's wonderful site.

I agree...my hero too! I reference them frequently. We booked E323 on our next Crown cruise...it doesn't look too obstructed...hopefully the pic is representative.

E323.jpg?height=295&width=393