Reflection cabin advice 1A or A2

Smmessineo

Help ! I love researching my future cruises and usually can make choices based on the helpful info on this site. But I'm stuck this time.

The cruise is the Reflection in the Caribbean, 11 nights, 6 ports and 4 sea days, 2018 end of November. Most of the 1A hump staterooms are available. So are most of the A2 deck 11 midship ones. These are $210 more per person.

Info about us :

We generally book towards the aft, or truly aft . We have a c1 aft on the Eclipse this December. I love balcony rooms, especially when I find a "special" one with more space, though we've had great cruises in interior cabins. I won't go out to sun on the pool deck, but will on our balcony.

One of the few things we've had that have negatively impacted past cruises is noise. Both on short cruises....1 over the theater, 1 in a hall near elevators.

And we always dine at a table for 2. My husband had us eat in the buffet for an entire 10 night cruise because we couldn't get early 2 top reservations in MDR.

I bought a Persian Garden pass on the Millennium once. Loved it !!!

I'm guessing, as I write this, that Aqua is the way to go. Then I think of the Rave reviews of the 1A rooms and read reviews of people who don't like Blu. I'm thinking myself into a corner on this. LOL.

Thanks for the help !

Margaret

We have had a 1a and it was ok but IMHO the A2 is a better choice. We love Blu, we don't use the Persian Garden but sounds like you would. The A2's aft of the elevators have cabins above so no noise.

The 1a balcony is large but with no additional furniture just the standard 2 chairs & small table. We had one on the forward sides of the hump and found it very windy. We used that balcony for a sail away gathering but rarely used it after that due to the wind.

It's like Blu , some people love it others not so much. For us the 1a is a not so much.

I almost always book a 1A on S class ships. Book the first or the third off the hump for an amazing balcony. Have never had a problem with either wind or noise. Great location, close to the elevators. The AQ cabins are the same size but the balcony is much smaller. Use the money saved to book some specialty restaurants or the Persian Gardens, if that's your preference.

If you liked the Persian Garden on an M-class with no windows, then you will love it on S-class with the floor to ceiling windows and lounges rather than shared bench.

Blu has many 2-tops, so you will also enjoy eating there - get there early and you can get a 2-top next to a window.

If you are concerned about noise, then the aft A2s are the best for you since there are cabins above and below them rather than public areas. There are plenty of these aft A2s available on your late Nov 2018 cruise.

Thank you for the helpful info. I made my decision ! When I called Celebrity to book, the agent found me an A1 stateroom on the hump. Best of both worlds , hopefully. And I got the A2 price as a past guest.

It is 2151 on deck 12. This was the only one left. I hope that the noise from the pool deck isn't a problem. I will keep looking in case one on deck 11 opens up.

Thank you for the helpful info. I made my decision ! When I called Celebrity to book, the agent found me an A1 stateroom on the hump. Best of both worlds , hopefully. And I got the A2 price as a past guest.

It is 2151 on deck 12. This was the only one left. I hope that the noise from the pool deck isn't a problem. I will keep looking in case one on deck 11 opens up.

Perfect, have a good trip

Sent from my iPad using Forums