Live-ish (hopefully) Adventure of the Seas 9/9 - 9/16

Alrighty, landed in Charlotte and spoke to a customer service rep. As of right now, 3 hours before we board the flight is a go. The rep did ask why the heck I am trying to get to San Juan. Had to explain I have to try!

Didn't sleep one wink on the plane, so feeling pretty tired since we have been up all night. I am thinking breakfast and a drink are I order. Now, coffee or something a little stiffer...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alrighty, landed in Charlotte and spoke to a customer service rep. As of right now, 3 hours before we board the flight is a go. The rep did ask why the heck I am trying to get to San Juan. Had to explain I have to try!

Didn't sleep one wink on the plane, so feeling pretty tired since we have been up all night. I am thinking breakfast and a drink are I order. Now, coffee or something a little stiffer...?

I may have missed it, but did you check with your hotel? To help keep you motivated, here is a picture from last May.

firstview.jpg

Flight is still scheduled! Finding a new hotel since ours said they weren't in service was a huge pain. Only major chains it seems are functioning, or really expensive resorts. Finally ended up with Marriott. We really wanted to be in Old San Juan, but no big deal.

Flight is still scheduled! Finding a new hotel since ours said they weren't in service was a huge pain. Only major chains it seems are functioning, or really expensive resorts. Finally ended up with Marriott. We really wanted to be in Old San Juan, but no big deal.

We usually uber to OSJ and ride the bus back to Condado. Glad to see it looks like you should make it :p

Sitting on plane now. Captain announced that we will be waiting for about 30 minutes to depart gate so we can "get in position". Cue nerves.

Last vacation to Nepal we ended up waiting at the gate for three hours before getting evacuated off - the A380 had run over a truck on the tarmac. Luckily, did not think that is the case this time. Plus the captain speaks English, so that's nice. Gotta look on the bright side!

I live in Tampa,Fl and fly out Saturday for Adventure 9/9, Miami airport maybe closed Friday due to evacuations and weather. Keeping my fingers crossed my flight does not get canceled.

Looks like your cruise is still sailing as scheduled, but with some modifications:

Adventure of the Seas: September 9 Southern Caribbean cruise

We plan to operate this sailing as planned on Saturday. However, given the impact of Hurricane Irma in St. Maarten, we will be replacing this port with an overnight in Aruba.

I hope your flight wasn't cancelled, you can track status of departures here in real-time.

All the best to you and your family in Tampa!

Sitting on plane now. Captain announced that we will be waiting for about 30 minutes to depart gate so we can "get in position". Cue nerves.

Last vacation to Nepal we ended up waiting at the gate for three hours before getting evacuated off - the A380 had run over a truck on the tarmac. Luckily, did not think that is the case this time. Plus the captain speaks English, so that's nice. Gotta look on the bright side!

Safe flight and have a great time on your cruise! I am actually sailing on the same ship in December 2018 from Ft Lauderdale, slightly different itinerary.

Good luck out there and safe travels!! I'm so impressed with your tenacity!! You've earned a wonderful cruise!

Lisa N.

Good luck getting to San Juan! I love it there and I am hoping Irma didn't devastate OSJ. Let us know how it looks when you get there. I am sailing on harmony in Jan which goes to SJ and St. Marteen, but I doubt we will be going to St. marteen. i love it there and was there last December. Such a great place and I pray they pick up the pieces, same with Barbuda. I wish cruiselines went there too.

Have a great cruise! My parents went on AOS and they loved it. It is one of RCL's WOW ships!

It looks like your flight was successful. You're in luck! Hopefully you have smooth sailing (figuratively and literally) from here on out.

I've already got my eye on the 7nt FOS from San Juan doing the ABC's for 2/2019. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have arrived! When we got to the hotel our room wasn't ready so we walked to a little place right down the street for some drinks.

Probably my biggest disappointment right now is that I had reservations at Marmalade restaurant and have been looking forward to it for about four months. Unfortunately they have no power and are closed. Seems to be a trend in OSJ. We haven't ventured over there yet but hope so tonight or tomorrow before the cruise.

What a day. Started at 10pm last night as we left our house for the airport completely uncertain we would be boarding. Cut to landing in San Juan and we were literally wiped both emotionally and physically from getting zero sleep.

0f5b92f6df564d5560ebe91ed822657f.jpg

Once we landed and got to our hotel we literally fell into the bed and went to sleep faster than we have ever done. We woke up though and we're determined to keep our plans for a 7pm dinner. We were so sad not to get to try Marmalade but ended up here :

2008c999167fabbca4fa50ea16483dfc.jpg

Can't complain! It was seriously amazing. And TOTALLY dead. We walked in at 7 and there was literally one other table. Apparently it is usually completely packed on a Friday night but issues from the storm have resulted in a huge decrease in both tourists and locals being out and about. We got the best seat in the house, as you can see. Rolling waves, ocean wind, plus one of the best meals of our lives started to make all the worry and stress from this last week worth it.

Tomorrow the plan is to head to the ship in the afternoon so we can check out OSJ a bit. Figure we will be on her for the next seven days, we aren't in a rush to board immediately.

Now, for some much deserved shut eye!

What a day. Started at 10pm last night as we left our house for the airport completely uncertain we would be boarding. Cut to landing in San Juan and we were literally wiped both emotionally and physically from getting zero sleep.

0f5b92f6df564d5560ebe91ed822657f.jpg

Once we landed and got to our hotel we literally fell into the bed and went to sleep faster than we have ever done. We woke up though and we're determined to keep our plans for a 7pm dinner. We were so sad not to get to try Marmalade but ended up here :

2008c999167fabbca4fa50ea16483dfc.jpg

Can't complain! It was seriously amazing. And TOTALLY dead. We walked in at 7 and there was literally one other table. Apparently it is usually completely packed on a Friday night but issues from the storm have resulted in a huge decrease in both tourists and locals being out and about. We got the best seat in the house, as you can see. Rolling waves, ocean wind, plus one of the best meals of our lives started to make all the worry and stress from this last week worth it.

Tomorrow the plan is to head to the ship in the afternoon so we can check out OSJ a bit. Figure we will be on her for the next seven days, we aren't in a rush to board immediately.

Now, for some much deserved shut eye!

What is the name of that restaurant, I'd like to check it out. We're flying down next week to get on the Adventure when you're done with her.

What is the name of that restaurant, I'd like to check it out. We're flying down next week to get on the Adventure when you're done with her.

Oceano! Can't say enough good things. You must get the steak egg roll appetizer. Seriously one of the best things I have ever eaten. It's a tad expensive, with entres in the mid 20s to high 30s, but worth it!