Sabor on Allure

yuvraj

I really enjoyed lunch at Sabor when I was on Oasis last year. This time on Allure a number of things had changed and I was really disappointed :

a). No table-side guacamole made to order. Instead you get the standard prepared version.

b). Fixed price with limited options and not much for vegetarians in our group.

c). The chicken taco was poor in terms with what you got for the offering.

Given the cover charge I expect better and more authentic.

I would be interested in other people's thoughts. It is highly popular and was previously one of my favourite venues.

I really enjoyed lunch at Sabor when I was on Oasis last year. This time on Allure a number of things had changed and I was really disappointed :

a). No table-side guacamole made to order. Instead you get the standard prepared version.

b). Fixed price with limited options and not much for vegetarians in our group.

c). The chicken taco was poor in terms with what you got for the offering.

Given the cover charge I expect better and more authentic.

I would be interested in other people's thoughts. It is highly popular and was previously one of my favourite venues.

We enjoyed Sabor when we sailed on Harmony this past February. As we are sailing on Allure in November, one of our perks is Lunch at Sabor or Giovanni's. We were leaning towards Sabor, I'm curious to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We did Sabor prior to the increase in upcharge and felt we wouldn't go back. At $19/pp - NO WAY. It's not authentic, it's not even good.

You've summed up how I felt. Not great and not authentic. Disappointing at 2 levels.

We had lunch at Sabor a few times last week for just the guac and chips. At $7 per bowl of guac, not a bad price and it's still delicious. They brought us extra habenaro sauce, chopped jalapenos & cilantro and fresh salsa so we could customize the guac to our liking. With the drink package, the margaritas were "free" so it's wasn't a bad price for lunch and the service is almost instant since very few people eat there.

i-ZcSsrhp-L.jpg

We had lunch at Sabor a few times last week for just the guac and chips. At $7 per bowl of guac, not a bad price and it's still delicious. They brought us extra habenaro sauce, chopped jalapenos & cilantro and fresh salsa so we could customize the guac to our liking. With the drink package, the margaritas were "free" so it's wasn't a bad price for lunch and the service is almost instant since very few people eat there.

i-ZcSsrhp-L.jpg

So you can eat at Sabor for $7 guac without paying the $19 cover charge?

That is correct. We did it three times for lunch during the week. There is also a happy-hour menu for $12/each which is similar to the main menu, plus the guac and a free margarita.

Excellent info, thanks. I thought Sabor was pretty much terrible, but a little guac snack and margarita may be a great usage of the space :)

Excellent info, thanks. I thought Sabor was pretty much terrible, but a little guac snack and margarita may be a great usage of the space :)
I agree; all we were interested in was the guac and the patron margaritas.:D Wasn't going to pay $19/each for what was basically a quesadillas and tacos menu.