Park n Cruise at Port Canaveral - tornado

MaritimeR&R

Don't know if anyone posted this yet- I believe it may affect those currently on the Oasis sailing:

POST HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE: Prior to Hurricane Irma, the Park n Cruise staff continuously prepped our facility for the worst case scenario; which was a predicted direct hit. Throughout the day and night of the storm our staff periodically visited the lot to assess the performance of our facility as well as the condition of our customers vehicles. Our last visual inspection, during the storm around 9pm, showed that our facility was handling the storm without issue. Moreover; the wellbeing of all customer vehicles at this time was proof positive that our pre-storm preparations were worthwhile.

Upon returning to our facility the following morning, we discovered Park N Cruise had been struck by a powerful tornado some time after our last inspection. The force of this tornado resulted in the complete loss of our Park N Cruise home. Additionally, the majority of our customers vehicles received some level of damage. Most of the damage to vehicles included shattered windows and body damage. However; there are about a dozen vehicles that are assumed to be a complete loss.

This feeling of complete loss is only equaled by our feeling of helplessness in our ability to prevent ANY damage to our customers vehicles.

Regardless, of the fact that our business and facility is a complete loss, our families remained safe throughout the storm…And for that we are thankful beyond measure.

Park N Cruise is in direct contact with the Port Canaveral Port Authority and WILL be there tomorrow to pick up and transport all customers back to their vehicle.

That is sad.

If we drive to the port we always park in a multi level parking garage either at the airport or cruise terminal.

Here in Virginia Beach do the same with the extra car to leave the garage open enough to store yard furniture, grill, etc.

Parking in a concrete garage is a guarantee but it does give more protection than an open lot.

Wow. We are local to the Port Canaveral area and I never saw this on the news. Of course we just got power back so I may have missed it. Can always count on Cruise Critic to keep us informed. Tornado were everywhere Sunday night as the hurricane passed. Feel very sorry for all of those impacted.

Wow. We are local to the Port Canaveral area and I never saw this on the news. Of course we just got power back so I may have missed it. Can always count on Cruise Critic to keep us informed. Tornado were everywhere Sunday night as the hurricane passed. Feel very sorry for all of those impacted.

This is just terrible news. We've been parking there for many years and know all the drivers and staff. They are wonderful people and have always treated us well. This is going to be a terrible nightmare for them, not to mention the passengers who come back from their cruise finding their cars damaged or demolished. I hope they can rebuild.