Transfer to Rome hotel after the cruise

Suds70

The first one that comes to mind is romeinlimo.com . Last year we purchased a package from them that included pick up at the cruise ship terminal, a full day tour with drop-off at our hotel and a few days later, transportation to the airport. The price was reasonable and it made our lives very easy.

I have used Bob's and had a good experience. I would also go to your roll call and see if you can join any transfers that have already been booked. The companies are usually very accomodating about dropping guests off at different hotels and it should reduce the cost significantly.

Ordinarily, I would recommend Rome Cabs. Up until this past May, they had been excellent to work with. Sadly, I cannot recommend them anymore. See reason below, if interested.

However, I can recommend a fairly new service that has better rates to boot! I stumbled on the following company through our cruise Roll Call. We used them for 4 different transfers during our recent cruise from Civitavecchia. For 3 of the transfers, we were lucky to have Domenico, the owner of the company, provide our transfers. Great guy with a heart of gold. Really tries his best to please his customers. :) Check his pricing at www.romashuttleairport.it . ;)

We had used Rome Cabs for many transfers over the past several years. However, this past May, we were quite disappointed and angry when Rome Cabs sent us a guide/driver in Naples that was not at all professional. Actually, he was quite horrible. He had no idea what we had planned for the day, and he insisted on taking us to Sorrento, first, when we had specifically told RC's that we did not wish to visit there if our time was limited. Therefore, our time in our beloved Positano was limited. Additionally, because we arrive there later in the morning, we arrived with all the bus loads of cruise passengers. :rolleyes:

Also, Rome Cabs failed to make a much anticipated reservation at our favorite restaurant on the Amalfi coast. We had planned this through them weeks ahead! Therefore, when our driver called the restaurant to say that we were on our way, we had no reservation and they could not accommodate our party of 6. :( We feel that RC's is getting too big to offer quality services outside of their normal transfers. And they clearly outsourced our guide/driver in Naples.

Any one used Bobs limo services?

We've used Bobs limos several times. Once was a sight seeing transfer from Civitavecchia to FCO--which was fabulous, and for FCO to our Rome hotel, and from the hotel to the port. We've been very happy with their service and will be using them again on our Eastern Med cruise this summer.

Sent from my K00L using Forums mobile app

We used Rome Airport Shuttle Limo Service. We made reservations online with the service. We received a confirmation a short while later with the driver name and payment instructions. We were instructed to pay the driver at the end of the trip. The driver was waiting for us on the pier. The driver dropped us at the hotel. We scheduled a trip to the airport a couple of days later. The same driver arrived at the hotel on time. He dropped us off. We found the service very good, reasonable priced and no advanced payment required.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums