Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale

PinkLemonade

I've booked a pre-cruise stay for 1 night at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale in November.

Just wondering if this hotel offers an airport shuttle? If so, how much and how would we go about booking it? Also wondering if they offer a cruise shuttle? And again, how much and how could we book it?

Would it be cheaper to just take a taxi or use the shuttles if they are available?? There are 3 people in my group so I am not sure how that would affect pricing on the shuttles.

Thanks!

A little reading around the board would find truckloads of info.

Yes, they offer shuttles to both airport and port. $9pp. As commonly discussed here, a taxi will be about $14, airport to hotel, and $10-20, before tip, for the taxi, to the port, depending on which terminal, and traffic. We have done both.

I've booked a pre-cruise stay for 1 night at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale in November.

Just wondering if this hotel offers an airport shuttle? If so, how much and how would we go about booking it? Also wondering if they offer a cruise shuttle? And again, how much and how could we book it?

Would it be cheaper to just take a taxi or use the shuttles if they are available?? There are 3 people in my group so I am not sure how that would affect pricing on the shuttles.

Thanks!

The last time i stayed at Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale they offered a transfer for a low fee. You can also take a taxi for maybe about the same amount (less than $20.00). I'm assuming you are sailing out of Port Everglades. Hotel is per person vs taxi for all three. Dont book ahead, not necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
Thanks for all the help :) It is much appreciated! I've never used uber or lyft..might look into those or just go with a regular taxi

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, you can too! ;) Lots of YouTube videos out there walking you through the process -as long as you have a smart phone and a credit or debit card (it is a cashless system for the fare - although I've never had a driver refuse a cash tip) you can be up and running in about 5 min!

I've just about given up on taxis in the US - take the plunge and spend your savings on a couple of DODs once on the ship! :cool:

We flew in to FLL from UK last Easter. We chose Embassy Suites.

None of the hotels in this area seem particularly cheap .

We stayed for four nights. Situated within an easy walk to Harbor Shops.. several restaurants (we used Duffy's), Publix, Total Wine. CVC Pharmacy within half a mile. TK Maxx, Dollar Tree (like Poundland) and Ross Dress for Less nearby for any forgotten clothing / miscellaneous items. Outlet Mall about 15 min drive away (hired car for $93 a day including all taxes and insurance..you can get a shuttle for about $50 pp return)

Embassy Suites provide manager's evening reception...drinks and minor snacks each evening and an included breakfast buffet with cooked to order egg station. The hotel is older and could do with some refurbishment but our room was clean. There is a pleasant swimming pool area with towels available. Staff very professional and helpful.

Hyatt Suites is close to this property but we didn't visit it. From what I have been reading, more people recommending Hyatt.

The location of either, with facilities that are offered would be our choice for next cruise out of Port Everglades.

For $1 per person, per trip (or $3 full day) you can catch Sun Trolley to beach and/or Galleria Mall.

Taxi from airport to hotel (late eve) was $22 incl tip. Taxi Hotel to Port Everglades $12 and port back to airport $20

Hope this is helpful even though doesn't link with your suggested hotels.

Bon Voyage.