New Divina Western itinerary dailies

Boschmann

Thanks for posting these, but given that CC doesn't expand the images when you click on them, has anyone managed to read anything other than the big print?

It's easily done on the mobile app. If you are viewing on a PC just hit Ctrl and + several times to make images/text large enough to view.

Did you get any spa specials other than those in the dailies? Thanks for posting everything!

We did not use any spa services. They were frequently set up at the Aqua Park Pool on deck 14 offering deals. A few times on port days I saw a 10 minute chair massage for $10 being taken advantage of.

Did you by chance take advantage of any of MSC's Montego Bay excursions? If so, which one and how was it? Thanks!

I found the MSC excursions pricey at this port, plus none of the excursions interested me so we just got off to check at the very small port area. A cab or excursion is a must here. I had hoped to get to the Blue Hole but evidently it is too far from Montego Bay so we just got back on the ship 20 minutes later. Many of the MSC offered excursions had long ride times as they took you towards Ocho Rios then out to the attraction. I heard complaints about short times at the attractions. You can see the list of excursions offered on the front page of the day three daily. We left about two hours late as over 200 people got stuck in traffic due to road flooding.

Edit: I did talk to people that used the $23pp shuttle bus to the Hip Strip/Doctor's Cave Beach that said it was okay. I didn't hear anything about the Rose Hall shopping part of the shuttle, but you don't have to go there if you didn't want to. Taxis were also available for that trip and came out cheaper if you had four people.

Edited by Boschmann

I really enjoyed seeing all of the daily newspapers. Thank you

If you had to choose two nights that you would eat in a specialty restaurant, would you have a preference as to which nights the meals were not quite as good in the MDR? We have two free nights in the specialty dining area and I saw that on the second formal night it seemed like the food was upgraded a bit. Did you get the impression that on formal nights the MDR menu choices seemed better?

If you had to choose two nights that you would eat in a specialty restaurant, would you have a preference as to which nights the meals were not quite as good in the MDR? We have two free nights in the specialty dining area and I saw that on the second formal night it seemed like the food was upgraded a bit. Did you get the impression that on formal nights the MDR menu choices seemed better?

We also had two complimentary specialty meals. We wanted to meet our table mates the first night so ate at the MDR. That was a mistake as we were the only two that showed up at our six top. We met friends at the CC Meet&Greet and ate with them at Eataly Steakhouse the first formal night. Our future MDR dining companions had a terrible meal that first formal evening, mainly due to the servers, but the menu was not special. Our table was moved to another area after their experience. We ate at Galaxy the second formal night as it was our anniversary, we heard we missed a great meal. I posted the Dailies to try to help other's plan things better.

Edit: We did enjoy the Italian night and would not skip that night.

Trying to fit in Galaxy, the Welcome Back cocktail party and the show on the evening of day six was difficult. One of my complaints would be they do not send out notification of the special events (CC M&G, Black Party, Welcome Back Cocktail, and Dance Class) until the night before. I posted a review and also mentioned there is a learning curve for us first time on MSC given Black status. I suggested they send a note the first day to explain that the perks will be given out one or two at a time throughout the cruise. Our gift was a tote bag given out the evening of day four which would have been handy earlier.

Additional info for our cruise:

Sunday Sept. 17th - CC Meet & Greet @ Black & White Lounge 11:30am

Monday Sept 18th - Received priority tender passes that evening for use the next morning.

Tuesday Sept. 19th - Voyagers Black Party @ Black & White 5:30pm

Thursday Sept. 21st - Complimentary Dance Class @ Black & White 11:30am

Thursday Sept 21st - Welcome Back Cocktail @ Black & White 7:45pm

Edited by Boschmann

I am not good at attaching responses to the post but let me say again, thank you. I enjoyed reading your tips on the itinerary and special events for Black card holders. I think we might will book one of our specialty dinners that night. We are part of a large group that will be eating at the first seating so any and all tips on which nights might be best to break away were welcome. Which if the two specialty restaurants you visited was the best?

I think I remember hearing it would be good to book a cirque de soleil evening. Is that offered on the Divinia?

Which if the two specialty restaurants you visited was the best?

I think I remember hearing it would be good to book a cirque de soleil evening. Is that offered on the Divinia?

I liked the food better at Eataly Steakhouse, but the atmosphere was lacking. The service also varied, ask for Rowena's sp? section. Galaxy had a more limited menu, a bit to modernist for me, but the location and service were great.

Cirque show is not on the Divina.