Vietnam visa for self tour.

Pilgrim70

Can someone tell if they obtained their Vietnam visa on board for a tour done on their own. My travel agent insists that onboard visas can only be obtained for ship excursions. He says for us to do a tour on our own we must obtain visa in advance. That's not how I read the Celebrity statement on VisaCentral.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had private tours...actually we overnighted on our own in Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi....and we got our visas on board the Millenium. Of course things can change, but they didn't care or even ask if you had a ship's tour or not.

We also obtained our visa on board. We did not do any tours. We did the ports on our own with no problem. Based on an older file I have, which I believe to be still valid...

Vietnam

Ship will assist guests required to secure this visa.

The ship will charge a one time nominal fee to the guests onboard account for guests securing a visa onboard. This visa fee includes a small processing charge by our local representative.

Can someone tell if they obtained their Vietnam visa on board for a tour done on their own. My travel agent insists that onboard visas can only be obtained for ship excursions. He says for us to do a tour on our own we must obtain visa in advance. That's not how I read the Celebrity statement on VisaCentral.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Get a new TA! Celebrity provides visas for their guests regardless of whether you are planning on taking ship's excursion or a private excursions. We did take pictures along that were taken at Walmart rather than paying to have them taken onboard. If you only take day trips in all of your Vietnam ports, then the ship only charges an amount less than $10 pp. However, if you stay overnight in a port, then the price is higher. On our cruise last November, we were told that the cost for US citizens would be $140 pp for the overnight visa; however, when the cost appeared on our account it was only $38 pp - don't know why and didn't ask!

Do you need to bring pictures from home? Was there a long line on the ship to obtain the

visas?

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

We haven't done Vietnam yet but have done other ports where Celebrity took care of the visa. Most recently for Indonesia, they collected our passports when we boarded and returned them to us prior to our stop in Indonesia. When we picked up our passports the visa was in it.

We have found Celebrity to very efficient & organized to the extent they have control. In some places the officials seem to go out of their way to make things difficult.

Do you need to bring pictures from home? Was there a long line on the ship to obtain the

visas?

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Brought pictures with me. No lines; there was at least a 4 hour period to take care of it. Just had to turn in your passport if no doing an overnight. Had to fill out a form if staying overnight in Hanoi or on a junk in Ha Long Bay.