Bringing Wine Onboatd

JanetAlice

Exactly! I mean really how are they going to know where your glass of wine came from! :confused::')

Stewart or room service will usually bring water glasses (they look similar to wine glasses). I usually borrow wine glasses from one of the bars when they are closed or have our waiter bring us empty wine glasses after dinner to use the next night

The passage contract explicitly states that you agree not to bring on wine bottles larger than 750ml. The PC also only refers to corkage per bottle and not per 750ml.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! There are no corks in the mini bottles (as you can tell, I like only the finest of wines! ha!)! I'd consume in my cabin (getting ready/pre-dinner drink), or have it poured in a glass to take down to the MDR, so I'm doubtful they'll charge the corkage (they didn't in the past, but I only brought full size). I was mainly concerned if they'd even allow the mini bottles on. I typically bring a full size bottle, but these will be easier to keep chilled.

We bring 2 bottles on board and call room service for wine glasses to start. After that sometimes the Room Steward will get you glasses. If not, just call room service again. We take our wine in the glass into the bars and restaurants without issue. At ports we buy another bottle as needed and in dozens of cruises and ports, have never been stopped, although we would pay the $15 if requested.

Shenanigans thread it may be. However it's helpful for me since we are always buying wines by the bottle in the MDR. We only drink Merlot and like it chilled, there are usually only 2 Merlot choices and neither are that great though the waiter will chill the bottle for us. Moving right along, On our next trip it will be bring wine on board at each port and refrigerate in our cabin. Then it will either be us taking a glass with us or the entire bottle.

We have brought wine back onboard from various ports. I let them know and they just wave us on :)

Same with us. The wife likes Moscato which is sometimes hard to get at all bars so we usually bring a half bottle back on most ports so we can have a drink on the balcony. We don't try to hide it and we always never get asked about it.