Bringing Wine Onboatd

JanetAlice

i know you are allowed one bottle of wine per person. My sister would like to bring several extra bottles. I understand there is a $15 per bottle corkage fee. How does this work? ( we keep getting different answers from Princess). Do you pay per bottle when you board? Do they keep the bottles and then you “redeem” them one at a time. Thanks in advance for your help.

i know you are allowed one bottle of wine per person. My sister would like to bring several extra bottles. I understand there is a $15 per bottle corkage fee. How does this work? ( we keep getting different answers from Princess). Do you pay per bottle when you board? Do they keep the bottles and then you “redeem” them one at a time. Thanks in advance for your help.

At embarkation/boarding they stamp the bottles and charge your account. You keep them.

Remember that it has been known that you MAY be allowed to bring one bottle at each port if the staff are being "nice".

Aw, come on Mike. The security staff personnel are always nice. Sometimes, most of the times in my experience, they are extra nice and gracious enough to waive the fee for a bottle of wine purchased in port.

Yes, you pay the extra per bottle while keeping it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess I did not understand the "free" bottle policy. So if I bring a bottle of wine to enjoy in my cabin I still have to pay $15 for it?

No...you can drink it in your cabin without any fee.

That is only for the "free" bottle, you will be charged for all other bottles.

What about the mini bottles (that come in a package of 4/6)? Are those still allowed?

Don't see why not. Add up the total ounces. A regular bottle of wine is 750ml or 25 oz approx.

Actually make me wonder if they charge extra for a magnum? I doubt it.

It would be crazy to charge $15 per mini-bottle and just as crazy to pay it. :D

Don't see why not. Add up the total ounces. A regular bottle of wine is 750ml or 25 oz approx.

Actually make me wonder if they charge extra for a magnum? I doubt it.

It would be crazy to charge $15 per mini-bottle and just as crazy to pay it. :D

The passage contract explicitly states that you agree not to bring on wine bottles larger than 750ml. The PC also only refers to corkage per bottle and not per 750ml.

The passage contract explicitly states that you agree not to bring on wine bottles larger than 750ml. The PC also only refers to corkage per bottle and not per 750ml.

That's true. IDK why I speculated about a magnum. That said, people report bringing on boxes with no problem, so IDK. I stick with regular bottles.

Exactly! I mean really how are they going to know where your glass of wine came from! :confused::')

Some people say that the glasses from the bars are different than what the steward will give you.

Possibly, but who cares? :confused:

A glass is a glass to me.

Edited by floridalover5623