Hot tub - Locations and other info on the Dream

PaperSniper4

I have never used a hot tub on a cruise ship before. But. minor, chronic back pain is relieved by using one lately. I am also bringing a heating pad on our November cruise, but I think a nice soak will probably work better.:cool:

Our cabin on deck 11, port forward. We have sailed on the Dream before, but I do not recall where the hot tubs are other that the ones located on the promenade deck, deck 5. From a deck plan it appears there are four on that deck, and two on the Lido deck. Are there other hot tubs (called "spas" on the deck plan I saw)? Looks like there are also spas located on deck 15, forward, but those might be extra cost in the "Serenity" area?

I wonder if anyone has any advice on which might be less crowded? When we sailed on the Dream a few years ago, the ones on deck 5 were full of kids from morning to evening; usually doing kid-stuff, which I would probably find unpleasant.;) I don't mind going during the "off season" hours, but anyone know what they might be? Right now I am thinking early in the morning might be a good time, but then I wonder how early they are open?

Thanks for suggestions and information!:cool:

Doug

You are correct about the location of the hot tubs. We did not see them ever crowded on deck 5. Just got off the ship Sunday, so depending on time of year, there may or may not be a lot of kids in them. Last week there were not. However, that said, I don't know if they will be of much use to you. They are not hot. More like lukewarm tubs. I skipped them entirely.

Looks like there are also spas located on deck 15, forward, but those might be extra cost in the "Serenity" area?

The Serenity area does not cost extra. It is the 21 and over area, so the hot tubs should not be crowded with kids there. Go and enjoy! DH and I love the Serenity areas on all of the cruises that we have been on.

Just to set expectations on what we've experienced with "hot" tubs on board ships we've sailed on. They could be called "warm" tubs at best. They're certainly warmer the regular pools, but are several degrees under what I would consider a hot tub. I'm sure they do this for a variety of reasons and I hope they help with your back issues

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

FYI, heating pads are on Carnival's list of prohibited items:

Additional Prohibited Items

• Clothing irons and steamers (All Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
  • Electrical and household appliances, such as a coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, humidifier, etc. (see Exemptions below)
  • Heating Pads

The Serenity area does not cost extra. It is the 21 and over area, so the hot tubs should not be crowded with kids there. Go and enjoy! DH and I love the Serenity areas on all of the cruises that we have been on.

Thanks for that. Great news. That's also the nearest tubs I think. How did you find the hot tubs? More warm than hot? Probably anything above lukewarm will feel good for my back.....'though at home I crank it up a bit.

Thanks for that. Great news. That's also the nearest tubs I think. How did you find the hot tubs? More warm than hot? Probably anything above lukewarm will feel good for my back.....'though at home I crank it up a bit.

I agree with the others, they are more "bathtub" warm, rather that significantly hot, but still a nice relaxing soak.

You might think about getting a spa pass for the therapy spa and heated loungers.