Royal IQ app

Gatorspuck

You can book or modify reservations for dining, entertainment, shore excursions and activities like IFly/Ripcord, NorthStar and the Puzzle Room/Escape the Rubicon.

Calls and texts using the Royal IQ app are not free.The communication package is $7.95 per sailing, per phone.You can call and text anyone on-board who also has the communication package.

Just my phone. No app. I had Voom on both ships. I texted people back home to check in and people on board.

OK, I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were saying you were able to text without having a VOOM package.

Just off the Anthem. I used IMessage to keep up with kids at home. DH bought the Voom 1 device and soda pkg I was not signed in to that. I could not receive pictures or emails but could text from my iPad

Trying to figure out if this phenomena (ability to text without being logged into VOOM) is something particular to ships that allow texting with the Royal IQ app.

Just off the Anthem. I used IMessage to keep up with kids at home. DH bought the Voom 1 device and soda pkg I was not signed in to that. I could not receive pictures or emails but could text from my iPad

Right, that's what some others have reported on ships with Royal IQ.

Trying to figure out if this phenomena (ability to text without being logged into VOOM) is something particular to ships that allow texting with the Royal IQ app.

That seems to be the case - I think you mentioned it before that on those ships some ports opened for the Royal IQ app to work correctly also opens things enough for some other internet traffic (like texts) to get through.

That seems to be the case - I think you mentioned it before that on those ships some ports opened for the Royal IQ app to work correctly also opens things enough for some other internet traffic (like texts) to get through.

I think someone mentioned in some other thread that it happened on a non Royal IQ ship too, which would blow the theory. However, I don't think I've read a report like that more than once.

I think someone mentioned in some other thread that it happened on a non Royal IQ ship too, which would blow the theory. However, I don't think I've read a report like that more than once.

Some have cellular on their iPads and maybe they forgot to turn that off. Just throwing out a possible alternate explanation.

Or if it is indeed the former do they have to pay for IQ for the week to be able to text using their phone texting and not the app?

... Or if it is indeed the former do they have to pay for IQ for the week to be able to text using their phone texting and not the app?

I don't have enough info, don't recall if the poster had purchased Royal IQ for their device.