HELP!! Last minute trip and I am feeling a bit clueless

momto2js

We have sailed many lines but not RCI for a few years. I just booked Oasis leaving in 12 days. So I need to get my wits about me and get a few things sorted out. First, traveling with my 8 and 10 year old. Are they able to order off the regular kids menu in a specialty restaurant?? And how much does that cost? They likely won't eat off a modified adult menu.

Second, taking water and beverages on board. Yes, I know likely asked and answered but not in the last 300 posts :) I checked. I have one kid that doesn't eat much (like 8 years old 54 inches tall and 45lbs) even on a cruise he needs some extra calories. Can I bring the boost drinks he drinks at home? How about a few bottles of water, are those a no go??

I am making MY time dining reservations and got what was left over for shows. Got a Gaurantee cabin so will pack earplugs for all for the night, just in case. Any other things to be aware of??

We have sailed many lines but not RCI for a few years. I just booked Oasis leaving in 12 days. So I need to get my wits about me and get a few things sorted out. First, traveling with my 8 and 10 year old. Are they able to order off the regular kids menu in a specialty restaurant?? And how much does that cost? They likely won't eat off a modified adult menu.

Second, taking water and beverages on board. Yes, I know likely asked and answered but not in the last 300 posts :) I checked. I have one kid that doesn't eat much (like 8 years old 54 inches tall and 45lbs) even on a cruise he needs some extra calories. Can I bring the boost drinks he drinks at home? How about a few bottles of water, are those a no go??

I am making MY time dining reservations and got what was left over for shows. Got a Gaurantee cabin so will pack earplugs for all for the night, just in case. Any other things to be aware of??

We are on the same sailing, welcome aboard!

Kids 6-12 are $10 at specialty restaurants, 5 and under are free. They have a modified menu for kids, except for Central Park and Chef's Table. Our kids enjoy the modified menu - it's fairly simple and kid friendly. I cannot speak to if they can order of the regular kids menu, but I imagine that would require someone running to the main galley. If kids want to order off the main menu they are charged full price. You can also do what we do and take them to Windjammer, let them eat, then to the kids club while you enjoy a specialty dinner :-)

It might be too late to get a waiver from Royal Caribbean to bring boost shakes on board. I would pack some in your carry-on luggage. Worst case they will make you take it out. An alternative would be to buy a protein powder and pack it in your checked luggage - you can then add that to milk on board.

Water can generally be brought on board for Oasis but it must be in your carry-on luggage - most porters will not take it for you.

Be aware that they open up shows 10-15 minutes before curtains up to those without reservations. Comedy and Aqua shows tend to be fairly full, but ice shows and main theater shows you should be able to get in without a reservation.

Water can generally be brought on board for Oasis but it must be in your carry-on luggage - most porters will not take it for you.

Hi - that is actually not true. ;) I have been here for years and although it is technically not permitted, I have read many, many posts about "slapping a luggage tag on a case of water" and it was delivered to the cabin intact.

Down load Royal iQ app and sign in while at port but before board and you should be able to cancel and rescheduled shows ,dinner and activities.all while waiting to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal IQ app doesn't not work on Oasis. Royal IQ only works on Quantum class ships and Harmony.

Hi - that is actually not true. ;) I have been here for years and although it is technically not permitted, I have read many, many posts about "slapping a luggage tag on a case of water" and it was delivered to the cabin intact.

True. I've done this numerous times. I've also brought protein shakes on board. The Boost should not be an issue.

Different at Port Canaveral. Porters won't take an obvious case of water.

Try it next time at Port Canaveral and tell me how it goes :-)

The porters at Port Canaveral will not take cases of water with a tag on them any longer.

Heck they even tell people their allowed bottles of wine also must be carried on. Several people on our last shuttle had to grab them out of their checked luggage before entering the terminal.

I think that wine issue has always been the rule. I have always seen signs at PC stating wine must be in your carry on.

I agree that has always been the rules....But there are always people who still try to check it to keep from lugging it around.

This was the first time I have ever heard a porter being so direct about it. He evidently was very effective because several people were seen taking bottles out of their checked bags....:D:D

I think that wine issue has always been the rule. I have always seen signs at PC stating wine must be in your carry on.

Yes, but some people will leave in their checked luggage, and then the bottle will shatter in transit and leak all over someone else's stuff.

You will get called to the "naughty room" later night one if you have alcohol in your checked bags.