Fall-Winter cruises

newone17

Hello,

I've never been on a cruise during cold seasons, or we went to Caribbean. Now, i'm looking at cruises to Quebec, etc. from NY on NCL at the end of October. The temperature is supposedly will be around 40.. So, no swimming or even seating by the pool? Is it fun, not to be out a lot? Any suggestions, or how is your experience?

Thank you,

Fall Canada/New England cruises are very port intensive. You simply pack a lot of layers and dress accordingly.

Sailing the St Lawrence River the scenery is worth the effort to bundle up and sit on a deck chair under a blanket.

If swimming is important choose a ship with an indoor pool.

But never let the weather determine how "fun" your cruise will be.

Hello,

I've never been on a cruise during cold seasons, or we went to Caribbean. Now, i'm looking at cruises to Quebec, etc. from NY on NCL at the end of October. The temperature is supposedly will be around 40.. So, no swimming or even seating by the pool? Is it fun, not to be out a lot? Any suggestions, or how is your experience?

Thank you,

Check out Royal's Anthem of the Seas. Two indoor pools and indoor sports complex.

:D:DThank you!

Fall Canada/New England cruises are very port intensive. You simply pack a lot of layers and dress accordingly.

Sailing the St Lawrence River the scenery is worth the effort to bundle up and sit on a deck chair under a blanket.

If swimming is important choose a ship with an indoor pool.

But never let the weather determine how "fun" your cruise will be.

Check out Royal's Anthem of the Seas. Two indoor pools and indoor sports complex.

I know)) Anthem is gorgeous, but no round trip from NY to Canada including Quebec. Been there in September, we were lucky to have 80 degrees middle if September. Better than Caribbean itinerary))) and still summer fun. But end of October is a different story.. and looks like that what we'll do. The hurricanes did a number on those beautiful islands and I see here people are talking, that cruise lines may substitute them with Nassau, port Canaveral or sea days..I need a break from Bahamas (Been there so many) and I hate port Canaveral as a cruise stop.

I know)) Anthem is gorgeous, but no round trip from NY to Canada including Quebec. Been there in September, we were lucky to have 80 degrees middle if September. Better than Caribbean itinerary))) and still summer fun. But end of October is a different story.. and looks like that what we'll do. The hurricanes did a number on those beautiful islands and I see here people are talking, that cruise lines may substitute them with Nassau, port Canaveral or sea days..I need a break from Bahamas (Been there so many) and I hate port Canaveral as a cruise stop.

Too bad the schedule won't work, last Anthem New England cruise starts Oct 10th.

Hello,

Thank you,

Hi

Funny thing about weather. If anybody could really forecast temperatures a month in advance, they would be rich. :)

East coast has been in the middle of a late season heat wave for a week. That is one of the reasons the fall colors this year might not be very spectacular. In our region leaves are already falling. While you might see some oranges and yellows, we are getting a lot brown dead leaves. Temperatures in Quebec city were 84 F. today. A month from now they could be 40, but just as easily could be between 60-70F. That is why people suggest dressing in layers and be prepared for anything. Don't forget an umbrella.

hope this helps

Yes, t does. Thank you! :D

Hi

Funny thing about weather. If anybody could really forecast temperatures a month in advance, they would be rich. :)

East coast has been in the middle of a late season heat wave for a week. That is one of the reasons the fall colors this year might not be very spectacular. In our region leaves are already falling. While you might see some oranges and yellows, we are getting a lot brown dead leaves. Temperatures in Quebec city were 84 F. today. A month from now they could be 40, but just as easily could be between 60-70F. That is why people suggest dressing in layers and be prepared for anything. Don't forget an umbrella.

hope this helps

A New England/Canada cruise is a wonderful experience whether it is warm or cold. There is a lot to see in each port, the locations are accessible from the port and there is a lot of beauty. The key is to dress for whatever the temperature will be outside.

Keith

Hello,

Thank you,

Similar to an Alaskan cruise. Dress in layers. Sitting by the pool will still be an option, as is being out. Hot tubs should be working just fine.

A New England/Canada cruise is a wonderful experience whether it is warm or cold. There is a lot to see in each port, the locations are accessible from the port and there is a lot of beauty. The key is to dress for whatever the temperature will be outside.

Keith

Yes! Thank you