When should I purchase a drink package?

IMXELITE

Can anyone give examples of what non alcoholic beverages are available with the deluxe beverage package? They list coffee, tea, bottled water and soda. What else is there? Are there any bottled beverages that are included that could be taken off ship in ports, besides bottled water? Thanks

unlimited cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water.

Can anyone give examples of what non alcoholic beverages are available with the deluxe beverage package? They list coffee, tea, bottled water and soda. What else is there? Are there any bottled beverages that are included that could be taken off ship in ports, besides bottled water? Thanks

unlimited cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water.

The only bottled beverages in the package that I'm aware of would be the still and sparkling water. Other non-alcoholic beverages would be various cocktails without the alcohol, such as a virgin frozen mojito.

Mine was always 20 percent off a few months ago went to 30 for a brief time then back to 20, bought it at 20, 44 a day before tip, last week went to 25 percent off 41 a day so canceled the 44 a day and booked 41, this week its back to 44 a day this is Navigator for November

If we buy the package now, where can we see that it is on sale later? Because I have booked things in the past and when I went to check if they had gone on sale, it just said "purchased" next to it. No price.

If we buy the package now, where can we see that it is on sale later? Because I have booked things in the past and when I went to check if they had gone on sale, it just said "purchased" next to it. No price.

Unless something has changed recently, your Cruise Planner should show the current price.

We have done both. I am waiting now since it is full price (had it in my cart at 20% off, but it went up:(). We are diamond members so get some free drinks anyway, but at 20% off it is still a good deal, not so for us at $55. Every time we purchased it ahead of time at 20% off, they were offering on the first day at that price, so unless it goes down this time, we will wait and see. You really just have to decide if you will drink enough and if you want the convenience.

So with the policy changes on the cruise

What is current policy is it per stateroom or per person

My kids are under 21 do they have to buy package or are they included under mine

Thx

Right now, it is only a few harmony cruises where anybody over 21 has to buy it if one person over 21 does.

At this point, there is no rule that kids (under 21) need it whether their parents have it it not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone. Looks like it's all over the board regarding when and if they provide a discount. I'll just wait it out and purchase before the deadline if it doesn't go on sale.

Disclosure; I've been on one cruise on RCCL; just one. So I don't drink and I have very little experience sailing. Even on land, I'm not much of a drinker of alcohol so I'm probably coming at this from a far different point of view. "When should I purchase a drink package?". In my view; never.

If you're going to go off the boat to eat at the nice restaurants in port, you're still paying for a day's worth of drinks you're not drinking....while paying for drinks at the restaurant. And then you have to carry around this cup with you??? Maybe I'm missing the upside but I don't see the huge benefit. Pay as you go is my view.

I will say this, the one trip I took was on the LOTS and everything was state of the art. Which made me very curious why the few vending machines that had Dasini were suspiciously out of commission. :rolleyes:

Disclosure; I've been on one cruise on RCCL; just one. So I don't drink and I have very little experience sailing. Even on land, I'm not much of a drinker of alcohol so I'm probably coming at this from a far different point of view. "When should I purchase a drink package?". In my view; never.

If you're going to go off the boat to eat at the nice restaurants in port, you're still paying for a day's worth of drinks you're not drinking....while paying for drinks at the restaurant. And then you have to carry around this cup with you??? Maybe I'm missing the upside but I don't see the huge benefit. Pay as you go is my view.

I will say this, the one trip I took was on the LOTS and everything was state of the art. Which made me very curious why the few vending machines that had Dasini were suspiciously out of commission. :rolleyes:

You do not have to carry the cup around with you. I never used the cup at all on any of my cruises. Just go to any bar or WJ and they will be happy to put your beverage in a regular cup .

You do not have to carry the cup around with you. I never used the cup at all on any of my cruises. Just go to any bar or WJ and they will be happy to put your beverage in a regular cup .

Good to know!

Again, my experience is very limited. I bow to your greater experience.

Just to clarify my comments: we have been on 3 RCCL cruises in '16 and'17. You really have to keep checking 'My Cruises' online. We have purchased the alcohol packages on 10 or 11 cruises and it has always gone to 20% off. It might only be for 48 hours at a time so you need to keep watching. Going on Oasis in Nov and it was 20% off for months which brought the premium package to $44 + gratuities. I had it in the cart at that rate but at final payment it went back up. The refreshment package and soda package went to 30% off last week. When RCCL started the alcohol package, everyone in the cabin had to get the same package, but for the last several years, each can get something different. What stinks is that on our last cruise, a couple of people who went through travel agents were not allowed to do that. Don't know if that is a policy or if the agents were misinformed (or just didn't want to check). All of us who reserved directly with RCCL were not restricted that way. You are also permitted to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard with you.