Breakaway Revised Itinerary 12/3/2017

KruzPrincess

Here it is. I'm disappointed, but I can't be whiny about it when so many people are suffering. I'm lucky I get to cruise. If someone else already posted this here....sorry. I didn't see it.

Revised - Breakaway - 12/3/2017

Sun New York City, New York, 3:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue Port Canaveral, Florida 1:00 pm 9:00 pm

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 7:00 am 3:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat Costa Maya, Mexico 7:00 am 3:00 pm

Sun George Town, Grand Cayman 11:00 am 7:00 pm

Mon Ocho Rios, Jamaica 9:00 am 7:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri New York City, New York 8:00 am

I will explain what's not to like.

Many many people on this cruise have already done the 7 day Bahamas with Port Canaveral. Twice, in my case, because Bermuda was canceled and we got to do this again. Now, it's a third time. I would not have booked this itinerary at all. Port Canaveral is a crappy port. It's Florida, not Eastern Caribbean. The character of the cruise has changed too much. There were so many better options.

Yes, we are very sad about the impact to the islands.I love the Caribbean. I would have been very happy to do a relief visit and join a cleanup detail to help at one of the places impacted. But we could have kept St. Kitts and Antigua, and gone to St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominican republic, and perhaps ONE of the Bahamas/Port Canaveral stops.

It feels like NCL didn't try very hard to create a new 12 day experience. They defaulted to what was available easily and quickly, which is the same 3 ports they always visit.

But oh well. Have to make the bet of it. What feels bad is it was a lot of money invested for a great cruise, and now it's the same old cruise, and we won't be able to try again for another year.

I said I didn't want to be whiny and I'm trying to just explain my disappointment. For me, I've been going to the Caribbean for 40 years. I remember when some of these places were beautiful islands and loved visiting them. Some are not that way anymore. I don't really want to go to Florida on my Caribbean cruise. I probably would never have chosen this itinerary. There are many other places I'd be happy to return to. I agree with Pelican Bill that they could have done a better itinerary. I do love Grand Cayman and I've never been to Costa Maya. I guess that's something. I'm sure I'll still have a great time. I'm lucky that I get to cruise.

Hi

If you do not mind me asking did you receive an email on the new itinerary only because I'm on the Gem on 11/21/17 and I have not received any news on my itinerary if it has changed? I have been checking on NCL.COM but still showing original itinerary eastern Caribbean.

I will explain what's not to like.

Many many people on this cruise have already done the 7 day Bahamas with Port Canaveral. Twice, in my case, because Bermuda was canceled and we got to do this again. Now, it's a third time. I would not have booked this itinerary at all. Port Canaveral is a crappy port. It's Florida, not Eastern Caribbean. The character of the cruise has changed too much. There were so many better options.

Yes, we are very sad about the impact to the islands.I love the Caribbean. I would have been very happy to do a relief visit and join a cleanup detail to help at one of the places impacted. But we could have kept St. Kitts and Antigua, and gone to St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominican republic, and perhaps ONE of the Bahamas/Port Canaveral stops.

It feels like NCL didn't try very hard to create a new 12 day experience. They defaulted to what was available easily and quickly, which is the same 3 ports they always visit.

Well said Bill. We'll likely have less time ashore choosing not to disembark at ports that have recent history and current warnings of pervasive drugs and violence. If I wanted that, there are regrettably cities in the U.S. where I could experience those risks.

Hi

If you do not mind me asking did you receive an email on the new itinerary only because I'm on the Gem on 11/21/17 and I have not received any news on my itinerary if it has changed? I have been checking on NCL.COM but still showing original itinerary eastern Caribbean.

We received a regular email from NCL yesterday. Nothing has been posted on our cruise account page.

Hi

I didn't get an email directly. My travel agent got it and forwarded it to me. Some people said they found theirs in their spam folder.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would not have chosen Western itinerary. Been there-done that too many times. Selected this cruise for St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan because haven't been there once. Too late to complain but not truly happy. Will make the best of it tho. Will make use of the UBP !

I would not have chosen Western itinerary. Been there-done that too many times. Selected this cruise for St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan because haven't been there once. Too late to complain but not truly happy. Will make the best of it tho. Will make use of the UBP !

See you at the bar!