GTY Room Assigned - quesiton

I have never sailed Royal - how 'locked in' is the room now? Can it change again until sail date? I have to say it isn't a room location I prob would have chosen on my own, but for the deal I got I know I can't be picky.

Is it wrong to tell them I don't love the location and see if there is another or am I just stuck with what I get because I gambled a gty?

I booked the cruise on a night and sail in 76 days.

I have never sailed Royal - how 'locked in' is the room now? Can it change again until sail date? I have to say it isn't a room location I prob would have chosen on my own' date=' but for the deal I got I know I can't be picky.

Is it wrong to tell them I don't love the location and see if there is another or am I just stuck with what I get because I gambled a gty?

I booked the cruise on a night and sail in 76 days.[/quote']

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, Royal will normally allow you to change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category to which you have been assigned.

I just did that this week. I also had a guarantee and just said that I wanted to change to room number XXXx and added that it is the same category as the room I currently have booked. Like Ken said don't mention that you have a guarantee that is when you might be told no

Unless you are told no three times like I was for our Anthem cruise.:mad:

Sometimes lifeboat capacity will limit movement. Also if you have booked 2 the room and trying to move to a tri- or quad- they may not allow movement.

Also, as Bob stated, this is for US/Canada only.

At the end of the day you booked a GTY.......you took a risk for a better price. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it does not.

I have never sailed Royal - how 'locked in' is the room now? Can it change again until sail date? I have to say it isn't a room location I prob would have chosen on my own' date=' but for the deal I got I know I can't be picky.

I booked the cruise on a night and sail in 76 days.[/quote']

There have been stories of Royal moving people after the GTY assignment, but those are pretty rare. For example they put 2 passengers in a quad and then end up needing the quad, they would move you to a room for 2.

As others have said, you should be able to move within the same category (i.e. D2 to D2). You can also ask to go back into the GTY pool and take your chances with getting reassigned.

Just did the same this AM. Had a guarantee cabin assigned yesterday (D2) below the Navigator's Windjammer and looked on the UK site for available D2's in other locations. Just called and stated I would like cabin number XXXX and he changed it and sent along the new confirmation doc.