Moderno BreakAway embarkation lunch?

jamkam97

as the title says 😀 I did search but finding conflicting reports

Thanks!

As a general rule, specialty restaurants are open for dinner only, so unless something has changed, I don't think an embarkation day lunch is going to work out for you. We did once get a lunch set up at Teppanyaki for several roll call members on another ship, but not on embark day, and, the one who made the request through the concierge was in the Garden Villa.

as the title says 😀 I did search but finding conflicting reports

Thanks!

the conflicting reports might be due to the type of ship.

On the Jewel class and Dawn, etc - they do lunch for suite guests only in Cageys/Moderno.

I think (but not sure) folks on the other with a Haven restaurant can eat there.

as the title says �� I did search but finding conflicting reports

Thanks!

Unfortunately there has been a lot of misinformation posted in response to your question. I suspect people who have never been on BA are making incorrect guesses or perhaps misinterpreted your question.

We've been on BA six times, most recently last week, sometimes in a suite, sometimes in an "ordinary" cabin, so I think we have a good handle on what's offered.

I've been on a couple of BA cruises where Moderno was open for lunch offering a buffet on embarkation day, but last week (9/17-9/24) that was not the case. They did have a lunch buffet two or three times during the week however. Also some past BA cruises had a breakfast buffet in Moderno, but not last week's cruise. When offered, these buffets are open to any passenger.

If you're a suite passenger there is a separate Haven restaurant where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served every day. Moderno is only used as a suite breakfast and lunch venue on older ships that were built before Epic.

Edited by njhorseman

Only if in a Suite

No, not on the BA, nor on the other ships Epic and newer. Those ships have suite breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant. Only the older ships...Gem and older, use Cagney's or Moderno for suite breakfast and lunch. Those older ships also do not have a private suite dining area for dinner.

As a general rule, specialty restaurants are open for dinner only, so unless something has changed, I don't think an embarkation day lunch is going to work out for you. We did once get a lunch set up at Teppanyaki for several roll call members on another ship, but not on embark day, and, the one who made the request through the concierge was in the Garden Villa.

Moderno's is not used as a "specialty" restaurant at lunch on BA, but it has offered small lunch and breakfast buffets open to all passengers from time to time.

Further on some ships and some itineraries Teppanyaki has been open in the past for lunch as a specialty restaurant for any passenger, not just suite passengers, willing to pay the regular Teppanyaki upcharge or use one of their SDP meals. That has generally been on longer itineraries on sea days, but not on embarkation day.

as the title says I did search but finding conflicting reports

Thanks!

On the Breakaway, your options are the Garden Cafe is open at 11:30, O'Shehans is open at 11:30, Savor/Taste open at noon, Margaritaville opens a noon for an additional charge.

Monderno serves a complimentary themed buffet on sea days only.

Dailies for a recent Breakaway to Bermuda can be found at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449. You can check for the sea day themed buffet if you are interested.

I have a Haven reserved on Breakaway, given it departs in the early morning, where can I check to see if there is an embarkation breakfast?
Wow...never heard of an early morning embarkation. Are you sure about that? Like what time do they start the boarding process?

Wow...never heard of an early morning embarkation. Are you sure about that? Like what time do they start the boarding process?

I double checked...I'm mistaken. Not sure where I thought I read it, perhaps the TAs web site but in my NCL itinerary it indicates a departure time of 3pm.

On our recent BA cruises only the Garden Cafe, OSheehans and Taste (or maybe Savor??) are open for lunch at embarkation. Plus the Haven Restaurant, of course.

On At Sea days Moderno has offered an ethnic buffet (Mexican, German and Indian, i think, the last time.

Moderno also had a buffet breakfast available every morning but disembarkation.

Unfortunately there has been a lot of misinformation posted in response to your question. I suspect people who have never been on BA are making incorrect guesses or perhaps misinterpreted your question.

We've been on BA six times, most recently last week, sometimes in a suite, sometimes in an "ordinary" cabin, so I think we have a good handle on what's offered.

I've been on a couple of BA cruises where Moderno was open for lunch offering a buffet on embarkation day, but last week (9/17-9/24) that was not the case. They did have a lunch buffet two or three times during the week however. Also some past BA cruises had a breakfast buffet in Moderno, but not last week's cruise. When offered, these buffets are open to any passenger.

If you're a suite passenger there is a separate Haven restaurant where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served every day. Moderno is only used as a suite breakfast and lunch venue on older ships that were built before Epic.

I was on the breakaway last year and I loved the Moderno breakfast Buffett because it seemed a bit calmer then the garden cafe. I'm on the breakaway again this December and I'm hoping its open again do you know if they have stopped completely or was it just for that sailing?

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

Yes on embarkation day on the BA Moderno has a buffet lunch open to all guests.

On sea days they also do a themed lunch buffet that is also open to all guests, Indian, Mexican and German.

It's also open for breakfast (not sure if it's sea days or all days), but as someone mentioned it's much less hectic than the Garden Cafe with only a slightly more limited selection. The Garden Cafe on the BA is an absolute zoo for breakfast. Horrible way to start your day.

On sea days they also do a themed lunch buffet that is also open to all guests, Indian, Mexican and German.

It's also open for breakfast (not sure if it's sea days or all days), but as someone mentioned it's much less hectic than the Garden Cafe with only a slightly more limited selection. The Garden Cafe on the BA is an absolute zoo for breakfast. Horrible way to start your day.

I posted dailies from a recent voyage on the Breakaway here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

Monderno was not open on embarkation day for lunch and not open for breakfast.

I just left the Breakaway this morning and that was not the case with Moderno, at least in regards to the embarcation lunch. I know because I asked. I asked about a lunch buffet and was told "no". We ended up at O'sheehans.

I can't dispute the themed lunch because we didn't notice that in the Daily.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app