Buy Wifi, Photo Package etc now or wait until on board?

HookedonSXM

We are booked to cruise on Reflection January 29,2018. It's our first cruise in 5 years, 4th cruise ever, all on Celebrity. We received an email from Celebrity today advising us that for 3 days some shore excursions and other add ons are on sale 20% off. If we wanted to book an unlimited wifi package, a photo package, and a 3 night specialty dining package should we book now? Or are we better to wait until we get on board? I realize there is no way of knowing for sure, just wondering what others experiences may have been.

Thank you!

I have seen this "up to 20% off" concept but haven't been able to figure out how to find out the shore excursion cost before the discount (key point "up to").

I have pre-purchased unlimited photo packages before a cruise (not with a 20%off sale) and it was never available cheaper onboard - so booking in advance is worth it in this regard.

we're on our first Celebrity cruise next February and will be buying the wifi package, if I had got the email with 20% I would be buying today but no email was sent to us.

Maybe you'll receive an email in a few weeks if they do this closer to sail dates. I'd look up prices of things you are interested in, now, so you can see how much you are saving if you get the "up to 20%" offer.

Mind you, if it's an excursion you are really interested in, and the price may go up (or availability down) I'd consider booking it now...

I don't believe the offer applies to all sailings, normally just some sailings. We have 6 bookings 5 of the 6 don't have anything discounted.

The upcoming TA has had 50% off the beverage packages for a few months- wish some of our other cruises had that.

we're on our first Celebrity cruise next February and will be buying the wifi package, if I had got the email with 20% I would be buying today but no email was sent to us.

I wouldn't wait for an email. Just log into your Celebrity account and navigate to your cruise planner for your cruise in February 2018. The current sale is for only 72 hours (ending sometime on Monday) and covers select cruises in January - March 2018. My cruise on reflection in February 2018 does have excursions on sale. The beverage packages and Internet package are also on sale. Not all excursions are on sale but those that are do have a banner indicating a sale price is in effect.

I did receive the email and clicked on the link to get to my cruise. Oddly, I was taken to a different reservation which is not covered by this sale. So, the email process seems to be a little off.