Conquest or Sunshine?

cruisekitty22

December in the Caribbean expect quite a few kids. Look at the first week in December when most are still in school.

I would choose Sunshine. Have sailed her twice and is our favorite Carnival ship> may more on board options than Conquest. Has Bonsai Sushi which is excellent. It open for lunch and dinner.

For me, I would probably pick Conquest since it is larger. Doesn't mean I wouldn't sail Sunshine if the itinerary & price were right, though. I've never been on Sunshine, just on that class of ship, but I have been on Conquest & would be interested in sailing again.

I suppose my main focus would be the itinerary first, price & ship features after that.

Sorry, can't answer the sushi question.

We cruised the Conquest a couple of years ago and loved the ship. Is in dry dock right now for refurbishing and an addition of a Serenity area. We will be on her on Nov 5th this year and again in Jan. 2019. Should be a good choice for Dec.

We've sailed Sunshine 3 times with a 4th time booked for next May...one of our favorite ships. I can't compare it to Conquest, but also agree could be a bunch of kids in December, but I'd probably sail Sunshine since I know that ship. Sunshine has the Bonsai Sushi "restaurant'....My wife and I are not sushi connoisseur's by any means, but we enjoy Bonsai....we will have dinner there at least once on ships that have Bonsai.

;p Sailed the Sunshine 4 times already and have 4 booked on the Sunshine. It's out of Port Canaveral and we live close by so it's a natural plus we love the ship. The serenity is about the best you will fine,the crew is some of the best and the food is the best Carnival has to offer. Kids or not it's got to be a good time.:cool:

Conquest is in dry dock so she will be nicely updated coming out. We're very partial to the 'Conquest Class' ships and would certainly sail again in a heartbeat but Sunshine was a wonderful retrofit of the original Destiny (which was the forerunner to the Conquest Class. Everything equal, I'd do Sunshine. We like her a lot. Yes, she can be a touch crowded and It's not 'perfect' (especially the comedy club). Have fun either way.

Conquest is in dry dock so she will be nicely updated coming out. We're very partial to the 'Conquest Class' ships and would certainly sail again in a heartbeat but Sunshine was a wonderful retrofit of the original Destiny (which was the forerunner to the Conquest Class. Everything equal, I'd do Sunshine. We like her a lot. Yes, she can be a touch crowded and It's not 'perfect' (especially the comedy club). Have fun either way.

Conquest due to size of comedy club. That is our favorite source of entertainment and the one on the Sunshine is way too small.

Conquest due to size of comedy club. That is our favorite source of entertainment and the one on the Sunshine is way too small.

You are right if the Comedy Club is a very high priority. Lousy on Sunshine. On all the Conquest Class ships it's out back and very well done. Putting cabins back there might have been a mistake on Sunshine. But everything else on Sunshine is great (Serenity, waterpark, restaurants, very nice decor, etc.)