NCL waiting to announce 2018 caribbean itinerary changes?

my3sonsnj

Just received this email:

Apparently some of Jade's 10 day sailings between Dec and March will have the following new ports, including the ABC islands. Kudos to NCL!

*******************************************************************************************************************

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. After connecting with our operators and partners on the ground, we are saddened by the devastating impact Hurricane Irma has had on several islands in the Eastern Caribbean. We are working with our partners in the destinations to provide assistance to ensure these spectacular destinations are up and running and ready to welcome guests again very soon.

In the interim, due to the destruction caused by the storm, we have altered the itinerary for Norwegian Jade's cruise departing on December 18, 2017; January 26, 2018 and March 23, 2018. Please see below for the ship's revised itinerary:

Original

Fri Miami, Florida 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 10:00 pm

Mon St.thomas, United States Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue Roseau, Dominica 9:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Castries, St.lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Philipsburg St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles 9:00 am 5:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon Miami, Florida 8:00 am

Revised

Day

Fri Miami, Florida 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun George Town, Grand Cayman 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Falmouth, Jamaica 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Kralendijk, Bonaire 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon Miami, Florida 8:00 am

If you booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for any of the ports of call on your original itinerary, your reservations will be cancelled and a refund will be automatically processed.

We appreciate your understanding and hope that your cruise aboard Norwegian Jade is an enjoyable and memorable one.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

We received this email today too and we are happy with the changes; haven't been to most of these ports in awhile. Kudos to NCL and God bless those in the islands suffering hurricane damage. I hope and pray they recover quickly!

Just received the following itinerary change for January 5th sailing on Brekaway...almost 3 additional sea days...not happy at all!

Originaly

Destination

Arrive

Dpart

Fri

New York, New York

3:00 pm

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

San Juan, Puerto Rico

10:00 pm

Tue

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

8:00 am

5:00 pm

Wed

St.thomas, US Virgin Islands

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Fri

Roseau, Dominica

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

Revised

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

At Sea

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

Overnight

Wed

Oranjestad, Aruba

12:00 pm

Thu

Willemstad, Curacao

Fri

At Sea

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

Just received the following itinerary change for January 5th sailing on Brekaway...almost 3 additional sea days...not happy at all!

Originaly

Destination

Arrive

Dpart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Tue

Wed

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Fri

Roseau, Dominica

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

Revised

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

At Sea

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

Overnight

Wed

Oranjestad, Aruba

Thu

Willemstad, Curacao

Fri

At Sea

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

That sounds like a pretty awesome itinerary...

You can give me your ticket.

That sounds like a pretty awesome itinerary...

You can give me your ticket.

i agree!! i would be fine with that! i am leaving november and still dont know where i am going! hope we can reach some of those islands in 10 days!

i agree!! i would be fine with that! i am leaving november and still dont know where i am going! hope we can reach some of those islands in 10 days!

I'd be very good with:

NY

sea

sea

sea

Aruba

Curacao

sea

St Croix

Sea

sea

NY

Just sayin'...

Originaly

Destination

Arrive

Dpart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Tue

Wed

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Fri

Roseau, Dominica

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

Revised

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

At Sea

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

Overnight

Wed

Oranjestad, Aruba

Thu

Willemstad, Curacao

Fri

At Sea

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

Compared to the original itinerary, this is a downgrade. From 8 ports to 5 with the best ports cancelled. Also updating itinerary 2 days after final payment wasn't the best move either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to the original itinerary, this is a downgrade. From 8 ports to 5 with the best ports cancelled. Also updating itinerary 2 days after final payment wasn't the best move either.

Sorry, did you not hear of the TWO category 4 hurricanes that wiped half of the eastern Caribbean off the map a month ago? Perhaps you'd be happier with Cozumel and Port Canaveral?

Sorry, did you not hear of the TWO category 4 hurricanes that wiped half of the eastern Caribbean off the map a month ago? Perhaps you'd be happier with Cozumel and Port Canaveral?

Wow... I have actually donated to relief efforts. I can be empathetic to the islands as well as frustrated with the lack of communication. Apples and oranges. The part that bothered me is that the change came just over 24 hours after final payment.

Info for the Breakaway 14 Day Cruise February 2nd to 16th 2018

FYI.......For anyone not in the roll call and is wondering what is going on.

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. After connecting with our operators and partners on the ground, we are saddened by the devastating impact Hurricane Irma has had on several islands in the Eastern Caribbean. We are working with our partners in the destinations to provide assistance to ensure these spectacular destinations are up and running and ready to welcome guests again very soon.

In the interim, due to the destruction caused by the storm we have altered the itinerary for Norwegian Breakaway cruise departing on February 2, 2018. Please see below for the ship's revised itinerary:

Original

Fri New York, New York 3:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 10:00 pm

Tue Philipsburg, St. Maarten 10:00 am 7:00 pm

Wed Tortola, British Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu St.thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Roseau, Dominica 9:00 am 5:00 pm

Sat Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Basseterre, St. Kitts 11:00 am 6:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri New York City, New York 8:00 am

Revised

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed Willimstad, Curacao 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Kralendijk, Bonaire 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Bassettere, St. Kitts 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

If you booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for any of the ports of call in the prior itinerary, your reservations will be cancelled and a refund will be automatically processed.

We appreciate your understanding and hope that your cruise aboard Norwegian Breakaway is enjoyable and memorable.

I think everyone including those who understand frustration are running out of patience with the complainers about the itinerary changes resulting from hurrianse that have distroyed some islands. What woud you expect, islands to just pop up out of nowhere. Be glad you get to cruise to some pretty awesome ports: Barbados for instance as well as two of the ABC islands. it would be pretty hard to visit prots that have been almost leveled. As for 2 days after final payment, I do agree, it is too bad they could not have posted this on Friday.

Wow... I have actually donated to relief efforts. I can be empathetic to the islands as well as frustrated with the lack of communication. Apples and oranges. The part that bothered me is that the change came just over 24 hours after final payment.

Frustrated of course, posting a rant and indicating you thought they deliberately waiting to post the changes until after final payment is over the top and has nothing to do with whether or nto you donated to any of these islands. I would think you would be happy to know where you are going and understand what the cruise lines are dealing with right now. :eek:

Originaly

Destination

Arrive

Dpart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Tue

Wed

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Fri

Roseau, Dominica

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

Revised

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Fri

New York, New York

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

At Sea

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

Overnight

Wed

Oranjestad, Aruba

Thu

Willemstad, Curacao

Fri

At Sea

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

Mon

St. John's, Antigua

Tue

At Sea

Wed

At Sea

Thu

At Sea

Fri

New York City, New York

You can transfer your ticket to me if you are not happy:D That is a fantastic itinerary! r would you have preferred Charleston, Port Canaveral and Nassau? ;) Enjoy your cruise.

All I said is that it was a downgrade and changing right after final payment (30 hours to be exact) wasn't the best move. So many are so self righteous on these boards. People are entitled to their own opinion. Don't put words into my mouth because that's clearly not what I said. I feel it was a downgrade and think it was wrong to change it after final payment when they said we would have a change by the 3rd. That's it.

All I said is that it was a downgrade and changing right after final payment (30 hours to be exact) wasn't the best move. So many are so self righteous on these boards. People are entitled to their own opinion. Don't put words into my mouth because that's clearly not what I said. I feel it was a downgrade and think it was wrong to change it after final payment when they said we would have a change by the 3rd. That's it.

You are entitled to post your opinion and others are entitled to post theirs.

No one is putting any words in your mouth or forcing you to believe anything. Just like you, people are posting their own opinions. One person's trash is another person's treasure. Take a chill pill, relax, and enjoy your cruise.

I'm talking about comments like this.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but it is very interesting when the revision was announced. I'm on the Escape on February 24 and still haven't received any update. Personally, I will cancel on the final payment date if I haven't been notified of the new itinerary. Again, personally, I have zero interest in Falmouth and the NCL private island (or Nassau for that matter, but it seems like everyone has to go to Nassau :) ). I'll rebook to a southern cruise or an all-inclusive.

I have to disagree with you about the itinerary. IMO the new itinerary has much better stops than the old one. I just wish that they added a stop each way in either the Bahamas or FL, but it is a long way to the ABC's and there is really nto timem for an extra stop.

Very underhanded, changing the itinerary once it is too late for you to do anything about it.

We all understand the devastating effects of the weather in the Caribbean and don't need to be preached to as to why routes have been altered, but it is not unreasonable to expect them to notify people of the itinerary changes while they still have the option to cancel.

Info for the Breakaway 14 Day Cruise February 2nd to 16th 2018

FYI.......For anyone not in the roll call and is wondering what is going on.

In the interim, due to the destruction caused by the storm we have altered the itinerary for Norwegian Breakaway cruise departing on February 2, 2018. Please see below for the ship's revised itinerary:

Original

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 10:00 pm

Tue Philipsburg, St. Maarten 10:00 am 7:00 pm

Wed Tortola, British Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu St.thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Roseau, Dominica 9:00 am 5:00 pm

Sat Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Basseterre, St. Kitts 11:00 am 6:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Revised

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed Willimstad, Curacao 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Kralendijk, Bonaire 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Bassettere, St. Kitts 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

If you booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for any of the ports of call in the prior itinerary, your reservations will be cancelled and a refund will be automatically processed.

We appreciate your understanding and hope that your cruise aboard Norwegian Breakaway is enjoyable and memorable.

That's strange barbados is replaced by Martinique, was there damaged in BARBADOD?

Very underhanded, changing the itinerary once it is too late for you to do anything about it.

We all understand the devastating effects of the weather in the Caribbean and don't need to be preached to as to why routes have been altered, but it is not unreasonable to expect them to notify people of the itinerary changes while they still have the option to cancel.

Exactly! This is all I was saying. I don't understand how people can get so angry when others have a different opinion than they do. We're allowed to be frustrated and we pay a lot of money to vacation. Just giving the option to opt out of the cruise after the change and before final payment is reasonable.

It's funny that so many get so upset, but if one were to subscribe to cable and were to receive 8 premium channels. They pay without any notice of a change. Then the cable company takes 5 of those premium channels away and puts 2 other ones in their place. They know about the changes and could allow consumers to cancel without penalty, but would lose business. So they wait a day and a half after the customer pays and isn't able to cancel. Would people be expected to just deal with it? Cable companies can and have lost deals with networks. Customers lose channels and some are in contracts and cannot get out of them. It doesn't mean it's right. They can be honest with customers by altering the channel package and allowing the customer to decide if they wish to cancel or continue with the new channel lineup.

Exactly! This is all I was saying. I don't understand how people can get so angry when others have a different opinion than they do. We're allowed to be frustrated and we pay a lot of money to vacation. Just giving the option to opt out of the cruise after the change and before final payment is reasonable.

It's funny that so many get so upset, but if one were to subscribe to cable and were to receive 8 premium channels. They pay without any notice of a change. Then the cable company takes 5 of those premium channels away and puts 2 other ones in their place. They know about the changes and could allow consumers to cancel without penalty, but would lose business. So they wait a day and a half after the customer pays and isn't able to cancel. Would people be expected to just deal with it? Cable companies can and have lost deals with networks. Customers lose channels and some are in contracts and cannot get out of them. It doesn't mean it's right. They can be honest with customers by altering the channel package and allowing the customer to decide if they wish to cancel or continue with the new channel lineup.

If you delve into FDR's history, you can see some of his behavior patterns.

This type of action doesn't surprise.