Elegant night and prime rib

pearose

I have a question. If you don't want to dress up for elegant night, yet you want prime rib, do they ever serve prime rib at the buffet? Anyone know?

Yes they do on Lido

I have never had it off the buffet but I have heard it is not as good. The main reason I heard was that the prime rib keeps cooking while on the buffet (heating elements that keep things warm) and you can not get it med/rare. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

The prime rib at the buffet was not as good as in the DR; it was tougher and more well done. You can basically dress the same all nights for the dining room anyways.

Lobster only served in dining room on 6 night or longer cruises, but can be purchased in DR any night, and if seafood shack on the ship you can get some lobster items there.

Guess I'd be pushing my luck if I asked if there was lobster there too? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nice try but have never seen that.

Prime Rib- yes......Lobster-No

and I agree Prime rib is not that good (MDR or Buffet) but the only beef I like is in the Steakhouse, the rest has a funny taste.

I have a question. If you don't want to dress up for elegant night, yet you want prime rib, do they ever serve prime rib at the buffet? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes but one does not really have to be in suit or gown to dine in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes they have it at the buffet , but as others have said it is not as good as the MDR. Harder to get the right amount of doneness or "undoneness" lol. Also, just nicer to have it served to you with all the trimmings and sides. And as others have said, you dont have to dress up much, just a wee bit more than lido.

I agree with others, prime rib in the buffet is not good at all. It is very easy to eat in MDR without having to get super dressed up. Pics posted by other response says it all. Simple dockers and polo or button up shirt for him and capris, sun dress, and cute top for her are fine.

Dinning room experience always leaps and bounds above the MDR even when they are serving similar menu items.

Before you forgo prime rib on "elegant night" you may want to look further into what folks wear on that night. ;)

Many of the men on Carnival ships wear khakis, long sleeve shirt (or even a good polo shirt) and dockers. Many of the women wear a nice top and plain slacks or a sundress.

There will be some in coats and ties or fancy dresses but we've found they're the exception on Caribbean cruises.

I agree with previous posts. The dining room dress code has relaxed a bit and you can dress a bit more casual than before. That said, we just returned today from a quick getaway. My husband and I did a quick 5 day and didn't want to do a whole lot of extra. We ended up eating in mdr each night except one and they did have prime rib on the buffet. We enjoyed dinner on lido that one night but really preferred the feeling of the mdr and being able to get served planned items. We had YTD for the first time and ended up asking for and getting a table for two each night with our same wait staff. It was close to perfect. I say don't give up elegant night, and follow advise of others here if you can. Funny though we did see shorts on people on elegant night. And one night a girl had on a super cute dress with a bikini bottom, very cute on her but very odd to see allowed in the dining room. You clearly could see it was a bikini in front with a long train/skirt in back. But, I digress.

Sent from my iPad using Forums