Regal Princess Guarantee Cabin - When Was It Assigned?

FlaMilkman

For our upcoming cruise, we saved hundreds of dollars by booking a balcony guarantee. We'll be somewhere on the ship in a balcony cabin. It could be in the front of the ship above the theater, or it could be at the back of the ship underneath the buffet. Or anywhere in between.

Now this is just my way of thinking and i’m Not the smartest person and don’t pretend to be.

If i’m going to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise. I can’t see trying to save a few hundred on a cabin that I may hate. Like you said you mite be above the theatre or underneath the buffet and have to but up with all that noise.:eek: Most of the time I book 14 or 20 day cruises. It would make me crazy being in a cabin with all that noise. Sorry. I hope you always get a great cabin!! Good Luck!!!

Tony

Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised by your assignment. There must be a method to their madness, but darned if I know, lol.

I am checking daily to see if we are assigned, but as our sailing isn't until January, so not expecting anything yet. It does give me something to look forward to on a daily basis! Wherever we are on the ship is ok, even if it stays a BF.

Thanks for the update. Have a great cruise!

Four days from the cruise and the cabin still has not been assigned. Furthermore, on the Princess website you haven't been able to book a balcony for several days. I agree with you that they obviously have a system that is beyond both of our understanding.

90% of the numerous cruises I have taken I have selected my own cabin. The few times that I have booked a guarantee I have always known at least 7 - 10 days before the sailing date what my cabin will be (granted, not on Princess). Obviously I don't have the right to complain to Princess as it was part of the deal. Having said that, I certainly won't book Princess this way again in the future and will warn friends and family against it as well.

The only thing that is keeping me from pulling my hair out is the small glimmer of hope that I will have an upgraded cabin. However, knowing my luck I have about as much of that happening as I do hitting Lotto.

Four days from the cruise and the cabin still has not been assigned. Furthermore, on the Princess website you haven't been able to book a balcony for several days. I agree with you that they obviously have a system that is beyond both of our understanding.

90% of the numerous cruises I have taken I have selected my own cabin. The few times that I have booked a guarantee I have always known at least 7 - 10 days before the sailing date what my cabin will be (granted, not on Princess). Obviously I don't have the right to complain to Princess as it was part of the deal. Having said that, I certainly won't book Princess this way again in the future and will warn friends and family against it as well.

The only thing that is keeping me from pulling my hair out is the small glimmer of hope that I will have an upgraded cabin. However, knowing my luck I have about as much of that happening as I do hitting Lotto.

Grab a few lotto tickets, you never know! lol Hope you win that and get an awesome cabin!! :D

In all seriousness, hope you get your assignment before you arrive at the port. Worse comes to worse, the Porters will have a list. I hope it's a happy upgrade!! Enjoy your cruise!! Let us know where you ended up.

I booked on Friday and saw our cabin assignment today for our December cruise on the Royal. We received a slight upgrade from a Cat. BF guarantee to a Cat. BB. I think we got a great location near the back of the ship on the Aloha Deck. It will be very convenient to walk downstairs to the traditional dining room or upstairs to the buffet. The inconvenient thing will be going to the theater.

We never got notice of assignment either but just yesterday I checked my luggage tags and our room number was on them. Still no word on it from Princess tho, and we travel this weekend.

I don't think they ever notify you of a cabin assignment. You have to keep checking your booking on their website. Were you happy with your assignment? Did you get an upgrade from the catagory your booked, or a room in the original cat.?

I don't think they ever notify you of a cabin assignment. You have to keep checking your booking on their website.
If you book directly with Princess, you'll get an email when your cabin is assigned. If you booked through a travel agent, the email goes to the TA. Mine always forwards the email to me. Usually, though, I find out on the Cruise Personalizer before I get the email. I just found out my cabin assignment for our Royal Princess cruise in December last night. The email from Princess was in my inbox, but I saw the assignment on the Princess website first.

I don't think they ever notify you of a cabin assignment. You have to keep checking your booking on their website. Were you happy with your assignment? Did you get an upgrade from the catagory your booked, or a room in the original cat.?

We got assigned in the category we booked, but the room appears to be an accessible room, so it's larger. I hope this is not a problem as I do not want to take away from others who may need the accommodation.

We got assigned in the category we booked, but the room appears to be an accessible room, so it's larger. I hope this is not a problem as I do not want to take away from others who may need the accommodation.
By the time Princess assigns accessible cabins to people with guarantees, they're not needed by people who would need them. We had one on the Baja Deck of the Caribbean Princess. The extra room was nice, especially in the bathroom. We got that cabin assignment within a week of sailing.

By the time Princess assigns accessible cabins to people with guarantees, they're not needed by people who would need them. We had one on the Baja Deck of the Caribbean Princess. The extra room was nice, especially in the bathroom. We got that cabin assignment within a week of sailing.

Thanks. I assumed/hoped that was the case.

Interesting! My aunt booked on Saturday (Regal December 10th sailing in a Mini suite guarantee category). Yesterday she received an upsell offer which she didn't accept. Today she received notice of an upgrade to MB category and her cabin assignment on the Aloha deck. We thought she'd have to wait a while but it seems that she's all set!!

Question: If you book a guarantee cabin and you receive a cabin assignment are you still considered a "guarantee" booking and risk being moved from that cabin assignment? I realize that there's always a chance of that for any booking (and I've read about a number of them on CC) but I was just curious as to whether you are more "at risk" if you initially book this way?

Thank you!

They have people that are tasked with trying to fill the ships as full as possible and make the most amount of money possible - that includes offering some upgrades now to free up certain categories to offering very targeted pricing to waiting to the last minute to see where they are at. Since they didn’t assign you a room yet they may not have your category available and are trying to figure out where to put everyone in different categories. I would assume they have computer models etc they use.

id pay money to see how the computer systems work at cruiselines as well as airports

unless they really dont use a computer and theres just a big board with a drawing of a ship and magnetic people they move around

Thank you to everyone for your input. I finally received our cabin assignment this afternoon. We were placed in a Cat BB cabin.

I can now print out our luggage tags, relax and have a beer (theoretically saying that as I am in the office and wouldn't dream of doing such a thing :halo:).