What snacks do butlers bring?

andnosyd

I believe I read they bring M&M's and gummy bears, etc.. We do have 2 small children and I don't really want them eating candy everyday. Is there a healthy snack they can bring? Can they bring nuts and dried fruit? Any other suggestions for mid-afternoon snacks? Thanks

short answer is request anything you want. They have some standard snacks they bring (that change daily) that are on some sort of prearranged schedule with the kitchen, but you can have them omit those for other things, or just bring other things in addition. Some examples of the "standards" that come automatically are: a small cheese plate, finger sandwiches, small bite sized appetizer things like smoked salmon or a mini shrimp on a cracker, or chocolate covered strawberries. But we've also requested other things in addition to that for the kids: banana bread and watermelon were favorites of my kids, so those came daily one cruise. Once they brought cookies and my kids went nuts, so those came daily after that. We've requested turkey sandwiches with chips, fruit plates, that kind of thing. I've heard of popcorn and am hoping to try that out.

Basically it doesn't hurt to ask! See what they can work out!

Oh and I've never had them actually deliver M&Ms and gummie bears- they are set out in the haven area for the taking, but they weren't specifically brought to the room (though my kids did fill a bowl to bring back!).

Other tips- bring those prepackaged snacks (in individual sealed bags) with you to take on shore excursions. Some ports won't let you take stuff off the ship that isn't prepackaged.

We have also always asked that our fridge in the suite be stocked with some small cartons of milk- and we get individual boxes of cereal from the buffet for snacks too. They had corn flakes, cheerios, frosted flakes, all bran, mini wheats, rice krispies, etc.

Oh and I've never had them actually deliver M&Ms and gummie bears- they are set out in the haven area for the taking, but they weren't specifically brought to the room (though my kids did fill a bowl to bring back!).

My son actually requested gummi bears and our butler noticed he was picking out the red ones and the next day we had a bowl of all red gummi bears!! He was thrilled lol

We were brought sandwich wedges, chocolate covered strawberries and canopies. Always had a bowl of fruit on the table and had requested unsweetened ice tea and water in the fridge which we always had available. We had travel water bottles that we filled to bring with us in Bermuda. We used a back pack but no one ever said anything.

We brought from home the individual 100 calorie almond packs that we kept with us.

As some other posters have said, I don't think gummie bears and M&Ms are standard snacks. Normally it's canapes, chocolate strawberries, petit fours/truffles, fruit.

In addition to things mentioned above, in the past we've requested things like cheese, popcorn, or chips. Sometimes you just need some salty!

On the Gem, I wrote down all things me and my partner like, lollies (candy) so we had 2 bowls of gummie bears and M&Ms refilled as we are them. We got sandwiches, cheese plates, small candles, choc strawberries. If we wanted more or something different we just asked and it was brought straight away. Enjoy the butler AMAZING perk yo have

When we were in the aft suite on Breakaway we with our son we had the M&Ms, when it was just the me and my DW in the Haven proper we did nor have the M&Ms. In both cases we had the canapes and sandwiches as described above. Not sure if the M&Ms were because we had a 13 year old in the room or if maybe it was because we were not in the Haven proper. In either case you will love the Haven.

We will see what we get in 25 more days.😁😀

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

We have never been in The Haven but have sailed 6 suites, including Owners Suite.

Never had gummi bears or M & Ms.

Just returned from suite cruise. Husband mentioned he liked lemonade. Fresh carafe delivered every afternoon .

Small sandwiches with chips, fruit and cheese plate, truffles, chocolate strawberries and cookie plate are what we got. Monday was sandwiches, Tuesday was fruit and cheese etc.

for our wedding anniversary we had 2 slices of cheesecake left in room. Did not ask for a lot and that is what we got.

We had fresh pineapple, a fruit bowl, m&ms, gummy bears, chocolate covered strawberries, finger sandwiches, cheese plate, a bowl of grapes, a tray of brownies & cookies, and canapes delivered. The butler noticed we always ate the grapes, pineapple, and candy so it was refilled daily. He also brought milk and put it in our fridge for DH when he asked for it to go with the brownies.