Cost of Delux Drink Package

Scootch

We just got it at 43$ a day for 3/31 on Harmony the other day. It was at 55$ a day since we booked in May. I'm happy with that price. Haven't seen it much lower too often.

We are sailing Vision of the Seas next June, and since booking, I have checked every day for some sort of sale on the beverage package. No luck...Is it ship to ship for the sales? It is a 12 night med cruise so the beverage package gets quite expensive without any discount. Any ideas?

Thanks, Amy

We are sailing Vision of the Seas next June, and since booking, I have checked every day for some sort of sale on the beverage package. No luck...Is it ship to ship for the sales? It is a 12 night med cruise so the beverage package gets quite expensive without any discount. Any ideas?

Thanks, Amy

Just keep checking, there's no obvious pattern to the discounts.

They were kind of sneaky on this sale. Lowered prices the last few days and there was nothing saying it was a sale price. Great. I can use a lower price. Jumped on it. Then two days ago they come up with the BOGO Half. Didn't lower the price shown so some were thinking alright. I can get an even better price. Nope. What I and many others probably missed at first is the notice under the posted price..

Price Shown Reflects Your Discount

So for me this makes the price shown the same as the original price of 55 a day at the BOGO price. Nice price but still kinda sneaky.

Actually they seem to just make up a price for the original price. Ours was showing 55 forever, then last week it went to 45 with no banner, now it says buy one get one 50% off, but if they took the regular price of 55, it should be 41.25 per day, not 45. Basically the banner means nothing. They just price it whatever, and you have to just ignore the banner itself.

Yes, the BOGO doesn't mean anything. I booked last week at $41/day. Now it says BOGO @ $41/day. No difference in total price, no different than how they word their cruise sales and it always ends up at the same price.

Here is my conversation with RCCI....

12105738_10153614210966397_2940794793228011732_n.jpg?oh=1d7d12ed48d4c9e9479503e2b7011b4b&oe=5A7BA446

If the promotion is not auto added to your reservation, it means your sailing doesn't qualify for the promo.

12105738_10153614210966397_2940794793228011732_n.jpg?oh=1d7d12ed48d4c9e9479503e2b7011b4b&oe=5A7BA446

Our cruise Planner will show you the promos being offered at the moment but the terms and conditions will advise of the sailings that qualify. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

Edited by msuspartanbigten

In the end all this BOGO "sale" does is eliminate some of the single buyers who use the exception for their non drinking roommates. You either buy both and get the sale, or just buy the one, use the exception and pay full price. See, sneaky..

I would say "clever" rather than sneaky. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the end all this BOGO "sale" does is eliminate some of the single buyers who use the exception for their non drinking roommates. You either buy both and get the sale, or just buy the one, use the exception and pay full price. See, sneaky..

I wonder what this does for people with 3 in a cabin over 21? Does the per person go up more to accommodate 2 getting regular price?

Just returned from Oasis. The deluxe package at embarkation was $58. I had paid $46 and $56 pre-cruise. When we first booked (NOV 2016) the trip the package was $46 and stayed there until July 2017 when it jumped to $56 and stayed there.

Some observations from last week about the package compared to our Allure (11/16) and Oasis (3/15). Decent wine selection under the $13 max has been greatly reduced. We did Chops one night and there were only three reds under the limit and a few more whites under. Last trip we drank Decoy under the limit. Now it wasn't even offered by the glass.

There is a serious lack of bar service. Few bartenders during peak hours make it longer to get a drink. Few deck servers taking orders. If I saw any, there was at the most three working the entire pool deck forward area. We were on the suite sun deck most of the day and could look down on the pool area. The servers wear bright yellow shirts so it made it easy to see them.

Even on sea days at prime hours there was never more than three and at times I saw none. Bars on port days are opening later than before. We like staying on the ship during port stops and even the suite sun deck bar didn't open until 3:00 PM, prior I think it opened at 1:00 or 1:30 PM. Dog House was my go to place for lunch. Now it doesn't open until 2:30 PM.