MITSUGIRLY Cruise Reviews...What should I do?

mitsugirly

I know a lot of people are "followers" of my extensive reviews (and I thank you) and hopefully the many places I have been (and heavy pictures involved) help many people out.

However, I have officially ran out of space (1 cruise and 1 land vaca ago) and can no longer add any more reviews to refer back to my signature line to help others out.

I'm not sure what to do at this point and I'm looking for help from those that find my reviews helpful on what they would like to see done.

Do I eliminate my "ship" reviews at the beginning of my signature line?

Do I eliminate some of the older reviews?

Do I eliminate reviews that I have noticed less than a handful of people have asked about this excursion or place?

I have already done all that I can as far as shortening the names, the fonts, and using shortened url's. Nothing can be done other than eliminating things.

I would like to see what you all think before I take action.

you could start a new thread, and list all your reviews in a post on that thread. then you could link it in your signature with a note that ALL your reviews are linked to that post, instead of your sig...on your new thread, just add your new review to the previous post and re-post it. that way your list is always up to date. :)

Maybe you could start a new thread with links to each of your reviews and then just post a link in your signature to the new thread with your reviews. Just an idea.

I think that is a brilliant idea! Then in the signature you would also have the option to list your most recent reviews.

As a long time follower, I would agree with deleting the older ones as someone else posted, the reviews from places you were a few years ago have probably changed enough that the details might not apply. Keep it fresh and up to date so that the information is current and you gain space.

Maybe you could start a new thread with links to each of your reviews and then just post a link in your signature to the new thread with your reviews. Just an idea.

This is what I was going to suggest. A master "mitsugirly review thread" and post a link to each review/port/etc in a new post on that thread - then you only have to have one link in your siggy.

THIS! I like this the best!

I like reading your reviews a lot.

I would rather have the ships reviews linked, with the ports of call listed out (Ex: Vista: Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Maarten) but with the link to the main Vista review not to each POC review.

You could always put the links in your first post with all the other information like who you are, cameras, etc.

I do like the idea of adding the 2, to start new reviews, but this is probably too much to keep up with.

This is what I was going to suggest. A master "mitsugirly review thread" and post a link to each review/port/etc in a new post on that thread - then you only have to have one link in your siggy.

This is what I was going to suggest as well!

I don't care anything about the ship reviews, but please don't delete any of the port reviews. I use those as a source of reference when I'm doing my research. Those reviews are far better and more informative than anything I can find on the web. I love them all!:D

As a long time follower, I would agree with deleting the older ones as someone else posted, the reviews from places you were a few years ago have probably changed enough that the details might not apply. Keep it fresh and up to date so that the information is current and you gain space.

My heart almost skipped a beat when I read this. Noooooooooooooo. But agree with the above recommendation if starting a blog is too much work. I have gone back to older reviews myself on ports or ships I have not yet visited. Hope it all works out for all your fans. I love your stuff and use it all the time.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I really appreciate it.

FOR THE MOMENT...I have discovered another url shortening site that I was able to get my space even less. Every little extra letter that's decreased counts. I have been working on my signature line for a few days (it's REALLY a lot of work just trying to get the links to work) and have managed to shorten the links/html/url and keep everything on there AND add my last review (Conquest), with all the new port AND my Aruba land vacation as well. However...with another cruise coming up...I'm not sure if it will even fit.

In order to add the signature line like mine, there's a lot of html coding involved to get it to work right. Honestly...I don't know what I would have done without Carl (NightOne) and his expertise on coding and how to change up the html coding in order to drop you right off at the beginning of the review mid-page. Cruise Critic changed their boards and upgraded their vBulletin and it had broken all of my links and they all needed to be redone. One by one. Find review, find first post, click only on that first post, bring up html, copy, replace words within it, add more, copy, go to url shortner link, upload in the right spot on signature line...whew. If anyone else wants to know how all this is done...you can find the instructions HERE.

Suggestions:

As far as making another account "Mitsugirly2", I'm not sure if I want the hassle of doing that and trying to figure out which reviews are under which screen name. Having to switch back and forth just might be a little annoying for me. So I'll hold off on that for now.

Eliminating the old: I have (over the last year) eliminated a few links (and I don't think anyone noticed lol) because they weren't a popular thing to do (like the Seahorse Sail & Snorkel in Nassau) and a few other things that people didn't ever seem to be interested in, ask questions on, or comment. I may have to continue doing that.

Making a post (with a link to it in my signature line) that will list everything there. I LOVE that idea...however, I'm trying to think it out. If I create a thread and just list everything in my signature line there...where does that thread get posted? On the NCL forum? The Carnival forum? What about the ports? Each port? That would become a little "blah" because it wouldn't just pertain to one area. The other issue I see is that when I post this link and this new thread is created, when people follow that thread...they are going to post something on that thread (just like in reviews). This eventually creates a lot of post that people have to stiff through in order to find any additional post I have added when new reviews become available.

I honestly don't like the idea of just listing the ships, with the link to that review, and telling which ports are within that review and here's why...my reviews are extensively long...pages long (as you all know) and for instance someone looking at my Conquest review and they want to see the Curacao portion...it would take FOREVER to find that review, by clicking page after page until you come to it. That would be very aggravating to people and they would probably give up (I know I would). This day and age of things, we want information readily available at our fingertips and don't want to sift pages and pages (hence the reason everyone goes to the ports and ask a specific question that has been answered over and over instead of using the search button...it's just easier and less time consuming). I'm all about making things easy on someone.

So a blog...this has been brought up to me several times in the past. I honestly don't know much about blogs (or really understand them). Well, I mean I know people will just type the places they go, insert some pictures and so on. But MY reviews...well...whew....it would be forever long.

HOWEVER, believe it or not, about 2 years ago I started working on a website for my reviews, listing each thing from hotels, ships, ports and so on. IT TAKES FOREVER. Ugh. I work on it here and there, but with the amount of cruising/vacations I do, the amount I need to add just to keep up is crazy...all while still trying to add the old stuff.

I have been working on the ports the most (and a few of the hotels). I'm trying to keep it as easy and simple as possible for people to be able to find what they are looking for. The issue is...I have to come to my reviews here on cc...copy and paste the words, try to read over it to see if it makes sense (when you are not following an entire review) and insert pictures along the way. The other problem is, inserting picture after picture on this site is such a pain and takes forever so I'm pretty much forced to insert a bunch at the same time, which kind of takes it out of sequence of the review. Blah.

But I'm frantically trying to get a lot of it done while I have the time. I'm not only doing this for everyone on here, but for my family and especially Sakari. Memories after I'm gone that she will be able to look back on, created by her mother.

The other thing I wonder is just how many people will actually take the time to go to it to look for the info they need. I know a lot of people on here have blogs (listed in their signature), but honestly, I'm not one that usually goes to look at others blogs. Every so often I'll really want to know something and I'll go "off-site" to explore a blog. Maybe I'm in the minority?

Here's a video of what I have been working on and how the site looks so far. I have a LONG way to go. Sigh But it will give you some type of idea how it's going to function. I'm trying to include (not only the review and pictures), but maps, direct websites and so on.

nrpOPUGnyBY

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I really appreciate it.

FOR THE MOMENT...I have discovered another url shortening site that I was able to get my space even less. Every little extra letter that's decreased counts. I have been working on my signature line for a few days (it's REALLY a lot of work just trying to get the links to work) and have managed to shorten the links/html/url and keep everything on there AND add my last review (Conquest), with all the new port AND my Aruba land vacation as well. However...with another cruise coming up...I'm not sure if it will even fit.

In order to add the signature line like mine, there's a lot of html coding involved to get it to work right. Honestly...I don't know what I would have done without Carl (NightOne) and his expertise on coding and how to change up the html coding in order to drop you right off at the beginning of the review mid-page. Cruise Critic changed their boards and upgraded their vBulletin and it had broken all of my links and they all needed to be redone. One by one. Find review, find first post, click only on that first post, bring up html, copy, replace words within it, add more, copy, go to url shortner link, upload in the right spot on signature line...whew. If anyone else wants to know how all this is done...you can find the instructions HERE.

Suggestions:

As far as making another account "Mitsugirly2", I'm not sure if I want the hassle of doing that and trying to figure out which reviews are under which screen name. Having to switch back and forth just might be a little annoying for me. So I'll hold off on that for now.

Eliminating the old: I have (over the last year) eliminated a few links (and I don't think anyone noticed lol) because they weren't a popular thing to do (like the Seahorse Sail & Snorkel in Nassau) and a few other things that people didn't ever seem to be interested in, ask questions on, or comment. I may have to continue doing that.

Making a post (with a link to it in my signature line) that will list everything there. I LOVE that idea...however, I'm trying to think it out. If I create a thread and just list everything in my signature line there...where does that thread get posted? On the NCL forum? The Carnival forum? What about the ports? Each port? That would become a little "blah" because it wouldn't just pertain to one area. The other issue I see is that when I post this link and this new thread is created, when people follow that thread...they are going to post something on that thread (just like in reviews). This eventually creates a lot of post that people have to stiff through in order to find any additional post I have added when new reviews become available.

I honestly don't like the idea of just listing the ships, with the link to that review, and telling which ports are within that review and here's why...my reviews are extensively long...pages long (as you all know) and for instance someone looking at my Conquest review and they want to see the Curacao portion...it would take FOREVER to find that review, by clicking page after page until you come to it. That would be very aggravating to people and they would probably give up (I know I would). This day and age of things, we want information readily available at our fingertips and don't want to sift pages and pages (hence the reason everyone goes to the ports and ask a specific question that has been answered over and over instead of using the search button...it's just easier and less time consuming). I'm all about making things easy on someone.

So a blog...this has been brought up to me several times in the past. I honestly don't know much about blogs (or really understand them). Well, I mean I know people will just type the places they go, insert some pictures and so on. But MY reviews...well...whew....it would be forever long.

HOWEVER, believe it or not, about 2 years ago I started working on a website for my reviews, listing each thing from hotels, ships, ports and so on. IT TAKES FOREVER. Ugh. I work on it here and there, but with the amount of cruising/vacations I do, the amount I need to add just to keep up is crazy...all while still trying to add the old stuff.

I have been working on the ports the most (and a few of the hotels). I'm trying to keep it as easy and simple as possible for people to be able to find what they are looking for. The issue is...I have to come to my reviews here on cc...copy and paste the words, try to read over it to see if it makes sense (when you are not following an entire review) and insert pictures along the way. The other problem is, inserting picture after picture on this site is such a pain and takes forever so I'm pretty much forced to insert a bunch at the same time, which kind of takes it out of sequence of the review. Blah.

But I'm frantically trying to get a lot of it done while I have the time. I'm not only doing this for everyone on here, but for my family and especially Sakari. Memories after I'm gone that she will be able to look back on, created by her mother.

The other thing I wonder is just how many people will actually take the time to go to it to look for the info they need. I know a lot of people on here have blogs (listed in their signature), but honestly, I'm not one that usually goes to look at others blogs. Every so often I'll really want to know something and I'll go "off-site" to explore a blog. Maybe I'm in the minority?

Here's a video of what I have been working on and how the site looks so far. I have a LONG way to go. Sigh But it will give you some type of idea how it's going to function. I'm trying to include (not only the review and pictures), but maps, direct websites and so on.

nrpOPUGnyBY

Is your sight up? I'm excited to take a look at it! I mostly look on cruise critic to find your reviews!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is your sight up? I'm excited to take a look at it! I mostly look on cruise critic to find your reviews!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, not yet. I'm working very hard on it to try to get most of everything on it before making it live. This is the actual site (that I posted), just not live. I was hoping to see what people thought on the navigation and looks.

I've been looking for your review, so here's my suggestion (as others have said). Please eliminate the oldest reviews, so that way you continue to add new ones. Please don't ever stop, I look forward to reading your reviews.

Come on now, you have to get started!! LOL!!!

Id hate to loose any info you have. I often love to reference your reviews. I do like the idea of the blog like Gambee has that I can read the review with out all the comments. Don't get me wrong the comments bring a lot more info to the table at times. I'm often late to the game and by the time I get to read your review it's over or almost over and I had to sort through 16765428 posts and just pick out yours as i don't have time to read each post. If that makes sense.

Again thanks for all you do for us. Thanks for thinking of us as well with not wanting to remove your reviews.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Delete the old reviews from your signature. Anyone can access your profile on here and then click on the link to see all the threads you've started. Doing so will bring up all those old reviews and also lists the forum in which they appear. You could even add a note to your signature to tell people to do look at your profile for all of your reviews and other content which you have created here. Easy Peasy!

Lisa

Id hate to loose any info you have. I often love to reference your reviews. I do like the idea of the blog like Gambee has that I can read the review with out all the comments. Don't get me wrong the comments bring a lot more info to the table at times. I'm often late to the game and by the time I get to read your review it's over or almost over and I had to sort through 16765428 posts and just pick out yours as i don't have time to read each post. If that makes sense.

Again thanks for all you do for us. Thanks for thinking of us as well with not wanting to remove your reviews.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I've been working on an actual website (as posted above what I'm working on with a video). I don't really understand blogs too much and have never really looked into them.

As for sifting over the tons of posts to find which is mine, that's why I usually try to post with a different bold color so that you can easily scroll until you see that color and know it's more of the review...(well, except for the older reviews). :D

I vote you create a blog. If nothing else, you can list the links to locations as well as the cruises themselves. It seems a shame to delete any of the hard work you've put into your review.

Thanks. I'm working on a website (as I posted a video link above to show what I have been doing). :)