Dirty dishes question

CCC3

On a recent cruise our neighbor kept putting his room service tray in front of our door. We asked him not to do it but he continued to put the tray there. Spoke to the room steward and he piled up several trays in front of the neighbor's door. The guy couldn't get out of his room without moving all of them. He never put his tray out again.

LOL!! Perfect!! :p:D

And getting the cabin attendant to help out was even better! Love it!

It is not the stateroom attendants responsibility to take of. Food and beverage is a completely separate department. Call room service for a pick up

This makes sense. Every RCCL ship I have been on, our drink glasses that end up back in our room after a night out gets left on the counter for the remainder of the cruise!

This makes sense. Every RCCL ship I have been on, our drink glasses that end up back in our room after a night out gets left on the counter for the remainder of the cruise!

Wow.

Any spare glasses we took back to the room went away. And if we used the wine glasses, they were either washed or replaced with clean.

So...currently on Liberty, and I have a question regarding dirty dishes, cups, beer bottles, etc. (Please don’t flame me!) What do you do with your dirty dishes after eating/drinking in your room? I don’t think I have ever seen so many cups, room service plates, pizza plates, and beer/water bottles lining the hallway! Would we be the only ones who leave ours on the counter for the room steward to clear? Just curious. We’ve seen things in the hallways occasionally, but this time it is 24/7!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My last cruise on the Liberty of the Seas I left my tray in the room and the steward ask me, in the future, to please put it in the hall as Room Service roams the hall and picks up the trays. If you leave them in the hall it's additional work for the room steward.

My last cruise on the Liberty of the Seas I left my tray in the room and the steward ask me, in the future, to please put it in the hall as Room Service roams the hall and picks up the trays. If you leave them in the hall it's additional work for the room steward.

Never once had a cabin attendant tell me that.

Though we don't do room service anyway, just a few misc. snacks plates, cups or glasses we took back to our cabin from elsewhere and of course the complimentary plates of goodies left for us on several nights. They were always taken away, and the wine glasses replaced with clean ones.

I also leave in the room. In addition to the hallways being narrow, and people potentially drunk and tripping :) there are also folks using mobility scooters and this creates just an additional obstacle for them.

Having seen people with walkers and wheelchairs unable to get along through a corridor because of dishes and trays left in the way I can't in good conscience leave anything out in the hall myself. I'd much rather take the two minutes to call and ask for them to be removed.

On a recent cruise our neighbor kept putting his room service tray in front of our door. We asked him not to do it but he continued to put the tray there. Spoke to the room steward and he piled up several trays in front of the neighbor's door. The guy couldn't get out of his room without moving all of them. He never put his tray out again.

LOL!! Perfect!! :p:D

And getting the cabin attendant to help out was even better! Love it!

Gotta be careful there....such behavior could lead to some nasty "road rage" type retaliation....you just never know who you are dealing with....:(

Gotta be careful there....such behavior could lead to some nasty "road rage" type retaliation....you just never know who you are dealing with....:(

That's why the poster involved the cabin attendant, by complaining about it...as it was then handled by the cabin attendant on their own. Smart move.

That's why the poster involved the cabin attendant, by complaining about it...as it was then handled by the cabin attendant on their own. Smart move.

I mean, was it a smart move for the cabin attendant to then put a bunch of dishes in front of the offending passenger’s door?

That mught affect their tip and it will still piss off the jerk, who might take it out on the attendant or the original passenger. Doesn’t seem like a smart or professional way to deal with that kind of behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, was it a smart move for the cabin attendant to then put a bunch of dishes in front of the offending passenger’s door?

That mught affect their tip and it will still piss off the jerk, who might take it out on the attendant or the original passenger. Doesn’t seem like a smart or professional way to deal with that kind of behavior.

Obviously it was the cabin attendants choice.

Exactly...that seems like poor judgement on the part of the steward...instead the steward should have politely informed the offender of the proper procedure, and if he still didn't comply, escalate the matter to the ship's supervision for proper handling.

I normally set the tray under the dreaded coffee table. There is not a lot of room. Normally its breakfast I ordered and by the time we got back at night or late afternoon it has been taken care of. I have never had to call

Never once had a cabin attendant tell me that.

Though we don't do room service anyway, just a few misc. snacks plates, cups or glasses we took back to our cabin from elsewhere and of course the complimentary plates of goodies left for us on several nights. They were always taken away, and the wine glasses replaced with clean ones.

Agree with both comments.