Favourite Cruise Story

callmedeb

Not favorite - but most embarrassing [emoji85] story......first cruise, 1997 with DH and our then 8 and 7 yr. old. In the very dark theatre watching our first ever production show - and we were all very much focused on the stage.....husband goes to get some refreshments and turns around to ask for clarification on what we want....to see that I have unbuttoned my shirt completely (like bra showing). I was warm and in the dark thought I was unbuttoning my cardigan. Husband yells out "what the ^**# are you doing??". In an attempt to collect myself I scoot to the restroom - only to wonder why on earth there are urinals in the women's room?? [emoji85] Amazing we ever cruised again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now this is funny. Thanks for sharing. I am glad that the lights were off.

In 2003 we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and trying to decide what to do. It’s on 11-11 so we wanted somewhere sunny. Our travel agent suggested a cruise which we had never done before. We decided on Princess.

Picked a Caribbean itinerary and booked a balcony cabin and let them pick the cabin.

It started to get closer to our departure date and didn’t get a cabin assigned. Kept checking everyday. Finally saw the number E733. A suite. I quickly called our travel agent because I knew they had made a mistake.

My agent called me back screaming that we were upgraded to a full suite and she had never seen this before.

I thought we had won the lottery.

We had the best time of our life. The room was beautiful with a jacuzzi bathtub and every night warm canapés. We were treated like royalty.

Needless to say we have stayed with Princess and will be going on our 9th cruise in 9 days.

That was a great upgrade! Our upgrade story: third cruise (Sapphire Princess-Mexican Riviera) we had a interior cabin (I'm thinking an ID on the Baja deck). When we went to check in at the terminal the person checking us in said "Oh! You got an upgrade!" in a voice that sounded like we had won the upgrade lottery. My husband excitedly asked "To a balcony?" to which the reply was "No, its still an interior, but you are up a deck." That's when I found out my idea of an upgrade, and the cruise line idea were very different.

Lots of stories, but there's nothing like the first time. Which for me was an Alaskan cruise on the Cunard Princess with my 2 aunts and uncle. I was almost 21yo, post a recently broken engagement, and it was 1979. My single aunt and I got an invitation to the officer's ward room where they had a cocktail party the 2nd night of the cruise for single ladies and the ships officers. Aunt Phyllis quickly made herself scarce (she was so not interested) and I found myself in a room with a few other young single women and many, many young, single, handsome and charming English officers. Let me just say that that cruise restored my ego, was my personal love boat experience, and started a life long love of cruising (not to mention a very strong attraction to any English accent). No long term relationship developed as a result but I had a very intense and happy week on that ship. It makes me smile:hearteyes:;) just to think about it even now, so many years, cruises, a 31 year marriage, and 2 grown children later.

My middle son is high functioning autistic (Aspergers) and thus a little quirky. He also has a unique talent (we call it his super power) to be the living embodiment of Murphy's Law. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong!

Last year we were on the Celebrity Eclipse enjoying a fantastic show by Goronwy Thom when he called for volunteers. Hubby and I were slightly sozzled and didn't notice that our son's hand had shot into the air until Goronwy called him up onto the stage!

We were utterly horrified! We try to protect our son from judgement due to his quirkiness and protect those around him from his inevitable ability to screw everything up and cause absolute mortification for his family. But it was too late - he was already on bounding onto the stage with a grin from ear to ear!

The next fifteen minutes were possibly the most hilarious I have ever experienced! Our son was his normal quirky self and Goronwy played it like a maestro! The entire theatre was in fits of laughter at their antics and for the next week our son was stopped by other passengers and congratulated on his fantastic performance.

It gave our son a huge boost in confidence and it taught us to relax and let our son take risks. I'm hugely grateful to Goronwy for choosing our son and making such a fantastic performance out of it. It remains one of the best highlights of our cruising experience.

Short and sweet. We were on the Mariner of the Seas shortly after it was built. We were on a shoestring budget, so we had booked an inside Promenade view cabin. My wife won at bingo on our second day aboard. Her prize was an instant upgrade to a Grand Suite. They moved all of our stuff to the new cabin ASAP...

My middle son is high functioning autistic (Aspergers) and thus a little quirky. He also has a unique talent (we call it his super power) to be the living embodiment of Murphy's Law. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong!

Last year we were on the Celebrity Eclipse enjoying a fantastic show by Goronwy Thom when he called for volunteers. Hubby and I were slightly sozzled and didn't notice that our son's hand had shot into the air until Goronwy called him up onto the stage!

We were utterly horrified! We try to protect our son from judgement due to his quirkiness and protect those around him from his inevitable ability to screw everything up and cause absolute mortification for his family. But it was too late - he was already on bounding onto the stage with a grin from ear to ear!

The next fifteen minutes were possibly the most hilarious I have ever experienced! Our son was his normal quirky self and Goronwy played it like a maestro! The entire theatre was in fits of laughter at their antics and for the next week our son was stopped by other passengers and congratulated on his fantastic performance.

It gave our son a huge boost in confidence and it taught us to relax and let our son take risks. I'm hugely grateful to Goronwy for choosing our son and making such a fantastic performance out of it. It remains one of the best highlights of our cruising experience.

This is a beautiful story. You son had more courage that most to go up on stage. I could never do it. Good for him to have a fun time.

We're new to cruising, first cruise was in January on the regal and our 2nd is next week:) so not a lot of history, but I have a funny story from the regal princess.

About half way they the cruise at dinner in the MDR (anytime dining) we were sat at a table of 8 and had great conversation with everyone.

The next day we were watching the "marriage game show" or whatever it's called that was filmed the night before in princess live. I say to my wife, hey one of the couples we had dinner with the night before were on the show. They were both in their mid to late 30's.

The host asked the women, "what is you spouses favorite condiment?"

When they brought the guys back, the couple we had dinner with were first....

His answer was "that would have to be Trojans". It brought the house down in laughter. Another question was where was the wildest place you ever made whoopie? His answer was "last night in a lounger on the sun deck" they came back and let him know that everything was recorded on camera and they wouldn't be doing that.

Well, it turned them into local celebrities on the ship! I saw them next morning in horizon court and said we saw them last night on tv, saw a couple others ask them too while they were seated next to us.

I will remember not to embarrass myself if we do this show at some point... just gotta remember "mustard is my favorite condiment.

We're new to cruising, first cruise was in January on the regal and our 2nd is next week:) so not a lot of history, but I have a funny story from the regal princess.

About half way they the cruise at dinner in the MDR (anytime dining) we were sat at a table of 8 and had great conversation with everyone.

The next day we were watching the "marriage game show" or whatever it's called that was filmed the night before in princess live. I say to my wife, hey one of the couples we had dinner with the night before were on the show. They were both in their mid to late 30's.

The host asked the women, "what is you spouses favorite condiment?"

When they brought the guys back, the couple we had dinner with were first....

His answer was "that would have to be Trojans". It brought the house down in laughter. Another question was where was the wildest place you ever made whoopie? His answer was "last night in a lounger on the sun deck" they came back and let him know that everything was recorded on camera and they wouldn't be doing that.

Well, it turned them into local celebrities on the ship! I saw them next morning in horizon court and said we saw them last night on tv, saw a couple others ask them too while they were seated next to us.

I will remember not to embarrass myself if we do this show at some point... just gotta remember "mustard is my favorite condiment.

OMG that's funny! Just spit coffee then choked! Warning next time pls lol

dh

The rest of the cruise was just a big celebration! Especially enjoyed the last stop at Grand Turk and a visit to Jack's Shack!!! We absolutely love going to Jack's Shack and watching Topher swim and dig

Side note - the first time we went there my wife asked and was given a lounge chair for the sun. about an hour later, this little girl - who turned out to be Kenley, the granddaughter of Jack and Janet stated that was "her chair" - sure enough, it had her name on it. My wife and her became 'pinky promise' friends after that

This happened pre-911, we lived 1 1/2 hours from port. A whole bunch of our friends were going to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends. We decided the morning of the cruise to go. We got to port 1/2 hour before finally boarding, and we had no room. We managed to get a cabin one deck below Lido, and not bunkbeds (which they tried to give us initially). Our cabin was better and cheaper than all our friends. We also had taken on a bunch of liquor and a blender, our room was a makeshift bar for all of us. One of the best cruises ever!!

We were in the Princess theatre waiting for a show to start when someone started bopping balloons all over the place. Within minutes the entire audience, with the exception of one couple, were on their feet and laughing and the balloons were everywhere, it was great fun. That one couple must have been truly pissed off at something because I saw one of them grab a balloon that had committed the unpardonable act of wandering too close and stick it under their seat!! Cross my heart, that really happened!!

We also had the best crew experience; starting with Captain Tuvo. He was the most entertaining and informative captain of any ship we had sailed. Normally the noon captains briefings are pretty boring but his were not to be missed. I think people would stop in their tracks just to hear what he came up with on any given day. He was always out and about the ship, visiting with passengers and even cleaning tables. I think his crew was happy just because of his presence.

The Hawaiian cruise on the Star Princess will be a hard act to follow for us. Especially with Capt. Tuvo at the helm. :)

Yep. I'd go on a cruise to hell if I knew Capt. Tuvo was running the ship! :D

Remember "Yoo-hoo" at the start of his announcements and "Bye-bye" at the end of them?

Tom