Checkin/Boarding Times

I am new to Royal Caribbean but not to CC. Last night we booked a Mediterranean cruise for next summer. Departure time is listed as 5:00 pm. What are the "normal" checkin/boarding times? How early do they start boarding and what would the latest time be? We will be leaving from Barcelona. DH was wondering and I told him I would try to find out here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Final boarding will be 90 minutes before ( No later then 3:30 ). You can board anytime from usually 11 AM. Depending on when your arriving in Barcelona, try to do as much of your touring 1 to 2 days before. We arrived 3 days early but missed seeing a lot of the City highlights because of an all day tour. We didn't see much on arrival Day, toured Las Ramblas and did a Walking Tour, the following day then had the all the day tour the day before boarding.

I am new to Royal Caribbean but not to CC. Last night we booked a Mediterranean cruise for next summer. Departure time is listed as 5:00 pm. What are the "normal" checkin/boarding times? How early do they start boarding and what would the latest time be? We will be leaving from Barcelona. DH was wondering and I told him I would try to find out here. Thanks in advance for any help.

It will say on your SetSail pass, which you should be able to print at 90 days before the cruise once you complete online check-in.

Thanks for the answers. DH is wanting to go at least 1 day early so he might be open to another day or two. A little sightseeing in Barcelona sounds nice.

Barcelona is an incredible city to visit. We've been there a bunch of times and never get tired of it.

Great city to visit. Plenty to see and do. Definitely worth spending a few days pre-cruise IMO.

As for check-in/boarding, don't know what is the latest time to board is but we tend to get to the port terminal by 11:00am.

And tapas and Iberian ham and ...

And the ham. And the ham. And then there is the ham.

Oh, and the cheese also. :D

AWESOME food.

For tapas, of course the shrimp in garlic and oil. And the potatoes are AMAZING.

Makes me want to get on a plane to go there just to eat. :D

And the ham. And the ham. And then there is the ham.

Oh, and the cheese also. :D

AWESOME food.

For tapas, of course the shrimp in garlic and oil. And the potatoes are AMAZING.

Makes me want to get on a plane to go there just to eat. :D

I know exactly what you mean. We did a tapas tour a couple of years ago and it was incredible.

Thanks for the answers. DH is wanting to go at least 1 day early so he might be open to another day or two. A little sightseeing in Barcelona sounds nice.

We are on departing June 19th on Vision for our first cruise. So excited! We will arrive the afternoon of the 17th, but don’t plan on doing too much since we are traveling with a toddler. Probably will just wander around our apartment when we’ve rested a bit, and get dinner. Then just relax on the terrace. The 16th will be a half day tour with Barcelona Day Tours, then La Sagrada Familia after lunch. We’ve heard so many wonderful things about Barcelona and can’t wait to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I did a cruise out of Barcelona and got there 2 days before the cruise. The day we got there we did Barcelona Taste Food Tours. It starts about 7 or 8PM and lasts about 3 or 4 hours where you visit 3 different Tapas Bars. I would suggest this tour instead of going to 1 restaurant. The tour includes wine or beer at each bar. They have a face book page and are on the web.

We did similar cruise in September on Freedom. We had four days before our cruise and it wasn’t enough. Barcelona is now our favorite city.

Lots of good tours on trip advisor. IMO, one day is not enough especially if you are flying in from the US (time change).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums