Dining Options on the Adventure?

sjmbruce

Main dining rooms - anytime & fixed/traditional

Windjammer - buffet

Chop's Grille & Giovanni's Table - restaurants with an extra fee

Chef's Table - special experience with an extra fee

Room Service - extra fee for food delivery to cabin

Johnny Rocket's - an extra fee

Am I understanding these options correctly? Also interested in knowing if there is anywhere near the pool with pizza, grilled items, ice cream, etc..

Thanks!

Looks good, except that some room service items are no charge in the morning.

Nothing permanent near the pool except Windjammer. Occasionally they may set up a temporary buffet near the pool.

Looks good, except that some room service items are no charge in the morning.

Nothing permanent near the pool except Windjammer. Occasionally they may set up a temporary buffet near the pool.

Thanks! As you can probably tell I am a little obsessive in my planning. Is there any place on the ship that does pizza or grilled items other than the buffet or Johnny Rocket's?

I forgot to ask about places like the Café Promenade and The Duck and Dog Pub. These sound like food venues. Are they for an extra fee?

Food at Cafe Promenade has no extra charge. Duck and Dog is a drink venue, no food.

We were very disappointed with the food available on AOS. We just cruised 10/14 out of, yes, San Juan! There is soft serve ice cream just outside of the windjammer, itnis not always available. Cafe promenade has sandwiches that have been sitting there and are fair to taste. They did have pizza available most days at cafe promenade but they had a difficult time keeping up with the demand. We ate in the main dine dinning room for breakfast and dinner every day due to the food choices elsewhere. Room service offers free continental breakfast which is nice to have on your balcony every morning.

How much extra did you pay for this? We have a free dinner. I wonder if we could use it for this.

Chef's Table is the most expensive specialty restaurant, and is usually excluded from the promo free dinners. Normal price is $95 per person.

Thanks! As you can probably tell I am a little obsessive in my planning. Is there any place on the ship that does pizza or grilled items other than the buffet or Johnny Rocket's?

Not really, no. That's something I've seen on most other lines, but RCI lacks. As mentioned, you can find pizza (sometimes) at Cafe Promenade but not hamburgers or hotdogs. You can find hamburgers at the buffet, but it's only open at meal times and not all day. Johnny Rocket's has grilled items, but as you've seen there is a per person, per visit fee.

As a clarification about the room service breakfast, only cold items are free (ie continental breakfast). If you want anything cooked like eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, etc then you'll have to pay the fee.

Pizza at Cafe Promenade. Grilled items at the Main Dining Room and Room Service.