Is there an minimum age for the Ultimate Ship Tour?

firsttimer2018

Technically, but if you are in a high enough cabin and close to the minimum age they seem to be flexible. At least that was my experience.

They do take you to the engine room and there is a lot of walking into tight areas, so a young child would not be allowed for liability issues.

I don't know the age of the child you're thinking of taking, but I wouldn't take a young kid. There is a lot of standing and listening, which I found fascinating, but could see a kid get bored really fast. Plus, like someone said, small spaces don't allow for a kid to move around while people are talking.

On our last 15 day cruise we had about 16 people on our UST. They had so many sign ups, they actually had 2 UST's during our 15 day voyage. It is definitely worth the money and a highlight of our cruise. Go directly to the Passenger Services Deck as soon as you get onboard and sign up. You cannot sign up prior to boarding.

We signed up last month for the U.S.T. on the Emerald. They told us that the maximum number of people allowed was 16.

They told us that pants were required, no skirts or shorts. They said the reason was because they do a lot of climbing stairs going from deck to deck, and they wanted to make sure that there were no issues with" modesty" while climbing the stairs.

Slight correction to a message above: They take you to see the engine control room, not the engine room.

It's fascinating, but it is about 2.5 hours of standing and listening, while various crew members explain the operation of the ship. If you're taking a youngster on the tour, it's a good idea to make sure that he or she can stand and listen for that long. ( There really is no place to sit down while on the tour-- at least on the Emerald). -- EBC

Just as an aside, does anybody know how many people go on the ultimate ship tour at one time

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

When we were on the Ruby in May, the max number was 12. It likely depends on the ship and such. We were told that they had two pages full of waiting list names, so it wasn't because they didn't have enough people sign up. :)

I use to get that tour every day and get paid for it when I was in the Coast Guard...:D

I would love a tour on one of those ships, too. Although, I'm guessing you didn't get a fluffy robe at the end. :D

I use to get that tour every day and get paid for it when I was in the Coast Guard...:D

Some people are just lucky :) Thank You for Your Service!!!!!!!

By the way how old were you when you receive your first Ultimate Ship Tour.:D:D

Tony

I would love a tour on one of those ships, too. Although, I'm guessing you didn't get a fluffy robe at the end. :D

Actually I was talking about cruise ships. I use to conduct safety inspections on them in Alaska. No fluffy robes though...

Some people are just lucky :) Thank You for Your Service!!!!!!!

By the way how old were you when you receive your first Ultimate Ship Tour.:D:D

Tony

Thank you.

19 years old. The best experience was serving aboard an Icebreaker which made back to back trips to the Arctic and Antarctic.