Surely not....

citizenfrank

Be a first time MSC cruiser aboard Fantasia next year, though not a virgin of the seas for sure.

Just read a review of a different ship and they reported that you cannot take drinks into the theatre...surely this cannot be true...can it!!!!!

I've never had a problem taking drinks into the theatre in 16 cruises with MSC, but what you can't do is order/buy a drink in the theatre.

Pete

I did once see someone refused entry but I've brought drinks into the theatre without any problem, including as recent as earlier this month.

I imagine MSC is not keen on people bringing drinks in due to there not being bar service or tables to put drinks on; some people may leave empty glasses behind on the floor beside the seats which creates a hazard as there isn't any staff in the theatre to collect empty glasses. Just a thought!

We've brought drinks in as well, but I agree with what you said...hopefully people will continue to be responsible by carrying empty glasses out so it doesn't become a problem for everyone.

I did once see someone refused entry but I've brought drinks into the theatre without any problem, including as recent as earlier this month.

I imagine MSC is not keen on people bringing drinks in due to there not being bar service or tables to put drinks on; some people may leave empty glasses behind on the floor beside the seats which creates a hazard as there isn't any staff in the theatre to collect empty glasses. Just a thought!

We were stopped on Musica last year but only on the Gala night. There were staff members with a tray as you went in making you leave your drink. I have absolutely no idea why as they didn't bother on any other night.

Luckily we had a drinks package but if I'd paid for an individual drink there is no way I'd have left it behind!

Julie

Be a first time MSC cruiser aboard Fantasia next year, though not a virgin of the seas for sure.

Just read a review of a different ship and they reported that you cannot take drinks into the theatre...surely this cannot be true...can it!!!!!

They don't sell them but you can take one in.

I was stopped about 50% of the time both divina sailings. No rhyme or reason. Some days the main entrance would have servers with trays indicating you couldn’t take the drink in. Some days it was just one side of yh theatre- some days both- and some days no one checking at all. One of the little quirks of MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

show is only 40 min I guess you can survive without drink this time. an yes, its not allowed and yes they don't watch it all the time.