Breakaway Semi Live: Oct 29 - Oct 5, 17 Halloween Storm Special, Take #2

mking8288

Do they always dock at Pier 1? my friends from Jacksonville will be coming to meet me at the pier, and i need to make sure i give them the correct info... although i'm sure they won't miss the huge Breakaway!

It depends. For some odd reason, on my cruise next week the Breakaway will be docking at Cruise Terminal 10. Here is port canaveral cruise schedules with the terminals they will be docking at:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2018/FY-2018-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

It depends. For some odd reason, on my cruise next week the Breakaway will be docking at Cruise Terminal 10. Here is port canaveral cruise schedules with the terminals they will be docking at:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2018/FY-2018-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

Where is CT10 compared to the rccl terminal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, tech geek talks ... Now on T-Mobile 4G LTE signals, our 250 min./2GB plan should last us ... used about 300 MB with 720 MB remaining, using 1MB per minute & should yield about 12 hours of coverage, each session is 30 minutes or less. Tomorrow & Thursday will roam on Google's Project Fi 4G roaming data, very inexpensive and iPhone will be used as Mifi hotspot to share & teether. Use of ship WiFi will be minimal. Friday & Saturday will be full days at sea, so plan to have about 250 minutes or just over 4 hours of on-air time.

YouTube is blocked or no streaming and free loophole on iMessage also gone. But, looks like plain carrier SMS or texting and Google Hangouts still leaking thru ... will test it out. Anyone sailing soon should plan & review your options accordingly.

Each time you use iCafe link to sign in and out, meter will display usage & MB remaining, very good. No activation fees, easy DIY but help is available. 8a51697035f4b16be478ed06f1038043.jpg8a7a3f9a30b2e1adabb071dca0e7c954.jpga8b6cb006005ffbd604a695045ed34d0.jpg03404c8d76059bd8fad8172f949d0447.jpg

via Nexus 5X Oreo 8.0 w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Thank you!

What's the Fishing Dock Expansion? Is that for fish boats or is it an area people can stand and fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We finally got around to checkout OSH's wings w sauce on side, nachos, Caesar salad. Can't leave without apple pie topped w ice cream with coffee.

P.S. just got alerted a short while ago on the incident in Lower Manhattan, sad ... our thoughts & prayers, stand strong - N.Y.5802c281e9a12917604e3a2ee6381095.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Odds & Ends: observations while chatting with another Platinum member ... not a complaint per se.

There had been no info about the availability of onboard Concierge services, mainly with dining & show reservations ... not a big deal to us, lots of open slots. We don't care for or need it, but others could use it.

Tomorrow is GSC, no priority tendering info unlike past BA sailing or most recently non Gem as Platinum. We could and will ask at the Cruise/Latitude desk later & see what they say.

thanks for all the info!

mking, thanks for all ur pics too... as for the geek stuff, would a bought 'hotspot' work on the ship? thanks.

Lucy... a hotspot, WiFi stick or MiFi router still need a signal source to relay from and to, cellular or Internet WiFi data >>> so, it won't work. At land-based hotels with a faster inTERnet signal, I can sometimes run a double bridged routers to get around some restrictions, but likely won't do any good on NCL ships. For our own pre-recorded videos, I can probably stream it or plug in a HDMI cable directly. No streaming, it looked to me, no matter what as too much bandwidth are hogged.

Standing Strong, mking. Village Halloween Parade is going as scheduled. But It is a sad day here.

Hope you make GSC.

Thanks again for your reports. Will watch your sail out of PC soon.

Safe Sailing!

Yeah...my family were 1st responders to 911 in NYC. Firefighters. Crazy world. Enjoying your virtual tour. Enjoy your vacay and thanks for taking time to do this :)

Yeah...my family were 1st responders to 911 in NYC. Firefighters. Crazy world. Enjoying your virtual tour. Enjoy your vacay and thanks for taking time to do this :)

God bless you 1st responders and firefighters.

Carry on mking. Loving the food pics the best.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by meatball_nyc

what was the reason for leaving 10 minutes early? i noticed the ship started to turn away from the pier at around 9pm

Untitled.png

Today the Breakaway arrived about 10 minutes and left 10 minutes earlier. I wonder why this is. I wonder what is going to happen on my cruise next week

Great review! I read your trip on the gem earlier this year as well. I think you said you were able to hook up to the tv on the gem, is it similar for the breakaway? We have an interior room and were thinking of loading some movies onto an iPad then hooking up to TV via hdmi cable, we've done this at home, will that be possible? If not I guess we'll have to just watch the small screen:D

Why 10 minutes ?? Not to pay overtime in excess of budget? Whatever, everyone is back onboard ... let's get to GSC, fingers crossed. Wind is not our friend tomorrow.

what was the reason for leaving 10 minutes early? i noticed the ship started to turn away from the pier at around 9pm

Untitled.png

Today the Breakaway arrived about 10 minutes and left 10 minutes earlier. I wonder why this is. I wonder what is going to happen on my cruise next week

They'll leave early if everyone is onboard and they've been cleared by the port.

Lucy... a hotspot, WiFi stick or MiFi router still need a signal source to relay from and to, cellular or Internet WiFi data >>> so, it won't work. At land-based hotels with a faster inTERnet signal, I can sometimes run a double bridged routers to get around some restrictions, but likely won't do any good on NCL ships. For our own pre-recorded videos, I can probably stream it or plug in a HDMI cable directly. No streaming, it looked to me, no matter what as too much bandwidth are hogged.

thanks M! didn't think so, but u never know!:confused:

Ship heading for GSC at 18 kts. with calm sea, wave at just 1 ft.

Procedures for Platinum's priority tendering, just go to BA Theater and show Guest Keyboard to get onto next available tender without needing to book a ticket.

Ship's WiFi acting up a bit tonight, slow ?

Procedures for Platinum's priority tendering, just go to BA Theater and show Guest Keyboard to get onto next available tender without needing to book a ticket.

Hopefully there won't be a line backed up to the middle of the ship like there was on our cruise two years ago. (Granted, we weren't platinum. But we reserved tender #5 and ended up boarding tender #14.)

Andy, thanks. Hopefully not.

Code Alpha over P.A. just now, Deck 16

... never good. Couldn't hear the rest of it as we're inside our room watching late night TV movie.

No kids TV channel found.