On Board Charges - Registering Credit Card

AZYAYA

Hello, I have my first MSC cruise coming up on Seaside, Jan 6th. Can anyone tell me how the Credit Card on file registration works? On NCL, you present it upon check in and then you are good to go. I heard on MSC you have to go to guest services to do it once you are on board. That’s a lot of people at guest services once we are on board.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I have my first MSC cruise coming up on Seaside, Jan 6th. Can anyone tell me how the Credit Card on file registration works? On NCL, you present it upon check in and then you are good to go. I heard on MSC you have to go to guest services to do it once you are on board. That’s a lot of people at guest services once we are on board.

Thanks in advance.

You must go to a kiosks, you have a couple of days to do it.

So what happens if you need to purchase something say as soon as you get on the ship. Sorry I am new to cruising with MSC. Thanks.

There's no problem purchasing items even before registering your card - you're hardly going to do a runner without paying! clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Just to clarify, you need to register your card at one of the kiosks within the first 24 hours. After that your cruisecard may be rejected by the crew when you go to order a drink, etc., and/or you'll get a phone message/note from Guest Services asking that you contact them. This has been my experience, anyway. Since the introduction of the kiosks, I'm inclined to forget to register my credit card as I don't carry it around the ship with me.

There's no problem purchasing items even before registering your card - you're hardly going to do a runner without paying! clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Just to clarify, you need to register your card at one of the kiosks within the first 24 hours. After that your cruisecard may be rejected by the crew when you go to order a drink, etc., and/or you'll get a phone message/note from Guest Services asking that you contact them. This has been my experience, anyway. Since the introduction of the kiosks, I'm inclined to forget to register my credit card as I don't carry it around the ship with me.

You couldn’t do a runner even if you wanted to, they wouldn’t let you off the ship on disembarkation day. [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Something outside my experience, LOL! Can't even imagine that scenario. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

My parents don’t have a credit card and like to pay cash. They ended up about 3 euros in credit on the Poesia at Easter. After a long queue to disembark and begging them to keep the money they refused to let us off until guest services had given us it back.

My parents don’t have a credit card and like to pay cash. They ended up about 3 euros in credit on the Poesia at Easter. After a long queue to disembark and begging them to keep the money they refused to let us off until guest services had given us it back.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I take your point - it must be a right hassle being denied disembarkation for the sake of €3 which you're willing to forego!

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I take your point - it must be a right hassle being denied disembarkation for the sake of €3!

I think it’s quite funny now, but we didn’t at the time[emoji846]

Beamafar - Thanks very much for your note and the feedback. Now I get it.

I've made it four days without registering mine. Wasn't on purpose, just kept slipping my mind. What they don't tell you, is that you can charge up to $300 without registering. After that you are cut off. At least this is what was told to me by ship's officers. Granted this was a couple of years ago on the Divina so that "magic" number may have changed.

Bret

I've made it four days without registering mine. Wasn't on purpose, just kept slipping my mind. What they don't tell you, is that you can charge up to $300 without registering. After that you are cut off. At least this is what was told to me by ship's officers. Granted this was a couple of years ago on the Divina so that "magic" number may have changed.

Bret

That sounds about right. In our case we usually have at least that amount on our account before we even board, as we pre-book (but don't prepay) drinks packages and excursions online which are added to our onboard account. Hence I get the call earlier from Guest Services! clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727