Best time to book next cruise

kg66

We booked our upcoming Dec 2017 cruise on Indy during the Memorial day sale and got a great price. Every time I called to check other specials they said that we got the best price during that sale. So I am wondering, will there be a better sale at Black Friday or at Next Cruise or should I wait for the Memorial day sale again to book our next cruise? Anyone with more experience on when the best time to book is? I know I can check and call, but don't want to miss a good sale either.

TIA

Sales and pricing are unpredictable, there's really no way to know the "best" time to book.

However, whenever you book, keep watching prices because RC will normally lower your price if you call during a sale and it's before cruise final payment date.

I wish there was an easy answer, but yeah, can't really predict.

I have two booked, I check back every now and then (not daily) and so far neither has dropped in price, they're both slightly more expensive. We'll see what happens after final payment, sometimes the price can drop drastically after that date and if you're already booked you will not get a price reduction. Some people have said they've gotten upgrades when higher categories are going for less than they paid, but sometimes not.

I think itinerary can play into it too. Seems like Caribbean cruises are more likely to see those drastic drops after final, but I have no evidence to back that up. Waiting until after final can carry risks though too with airfare being more expensive.

Kind of just have to set a budget, and if you find something you like within that budget go for it. If it goes down before final, great, if it doesn't oh well.

I think best time is as early as possible , got really good deal for navigator in a few weeks, booked it about 17 months ago, my oasis cruise next year was booked 6 months ago and went down a few times since, just called each time to get reduction