Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Greetings Coolers!

I have a few more "Fun With Maps" to share with you. Hope you find them interesting. :) 57 V... glad you enjoyed the last ones.

This map shows the countries (in blue) where people drive on the left side of the road.

left%2Bside.jpg

This map shows (in red) the countries that don't use the metric system.

not%2Bmetric.jpg

This map shows countries (in white) that England has never invaded.

There are only 22. (In the WORLD!)

england.jpg

Have a great day all!

M,

They don't have a colour for countries like India and France that drive on both sides of the road! :D

This weeks food project which I fear will be a very long learning curve is nonya ngoh hiang - or my version of it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nonya+ngoh+hiang&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=e9m0WruGEuLGXrr7t6AL

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nonya+ngoh+hiang&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU6fa_8InaAhXDxqQKHU15CpcQ_AUICigB&biw=2293&bih=819

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/86835099036951254/?lp=true

WOW! Those look amazing! I'm sure you are ready for the challenge and after making your infamous "tweaks" the result will be very satisfying! Good Luck!

And yes....they really should have used another colour for countries that ignore traffic conventions. :)

Thanks Mysty, that is cool info. As Mom always said "A day that you didn't learn something is a day wasted" - learned something new before 8am! Now, the countdown to vacation - 5 days, 3 hours ...... Going to a left side of the road driving area.

Jan

Thanks M ....

Today is one of her favourite meals .... cod fishcakes with a home made buttery, Noily, Dijon parsley sauce with Bredon Champers .....

ps ... they missed of Singapore which was too small for the map ...

1148b367b27328d44d0fa5d85243b154.jpg

1a884743e68cebe97248fde857326f7a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good eye J! I'm sure the size of the maps precluded a lot of detail. Entertaining on the whole though. And your lunch creation looks delish! I would request mine sans pois. :) Pois and I have a long history of mutual dislike! Spins would love them though!

I’m finding the maps very fun in an enlightening way. Or enlightening in a fun way.

Peas have got to be my absolute least favorite vegetable. Ironically I love pea soup!

Mysty that Cat reminds me of our outdoor cat when she was an indoor cat. Unfortunately my daughter is allergic to poison ivy to the point of needing a steroid injection if she comes in contact with any — and we live in the countryside with lots of poison ivy. Cat goes through it, daughter needs a trip to urgent care. We set up that Cat with a heated Cat house on our covered back porch and got heated food & water bowls. When she deems to grace us with her presence she’s got a nice set up. But the lure of our neighbors’ stables and their cat food offerings are too great to keep her around all the time.

Well coolers, just two more days of work and then I’m off on my first Silversea cruise! And my first cruise in 33 years!

Have a great cruise napria!

We are relaxing on the porch of our friend's seaside cottage here in Binalong Bay (Tasmania). A dozen fresh oysters right off the boat, and a bottle of Tasmanian bubbly already down before dinner... What to open next?

Had a nice birthday yesterday here in Tassie, lots of wine tasting and yummy local food. Trip has been amazing so far. May need surgery to augment my liver if it lasts much longer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Napria, have a WONDERFUL trip! So very exciting....hopefully you'll let us all know how you're doing!

JP....so very jealous of you guys! Sounds like you're have a great time....oysters and bubbly...OMG, what else is there?!!!

Spins...hope you're feeling fit and fine!

Jeffy (haha!), have I taught you nothing?!!! Lovely champers in a pint glass....? I can say no more....(giggle!)

We're back from Newport...again. So far no luck. Have seen many "candidates" but none that right fit. So the search goes on...

Had a lovely dinner out at a place called Guerney's. I believe they started out as a high end hotel on Long Island. Food was over the top wonderful...every dish was perfect and service was spot on. Fabulous wine list, however prices were "eye watering"....! It was still a lovely evening. Now it's back for freezing and below temps....poor little frozen crocosus (sp?) and snow drops....

Good Afternoon All,

JP, lovely to read your trip is going so well .....

Naps, counting down with you .....

Muds, what do you take us for ... they were half pint glasses ..... :D

The was my first nonya ngoh hiang and they turned out much better than I expected ......

0f09eafe081f96ab9605ee2eb2cfd470.jpg

26e795fc6e54933bf1544c7f361c105a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff that looks delicious.....wish l was as adventurous!

Napria....Bon Voyage, have a super time...we shall look forward to hearing all about it.

JP....all sounds wonderful......best oysters ever in that part of the world.

Mud...good luck with your freeze.....as it’s Easter weekend we have our usual bad weather forecast....!

RP....have you had your silver box yet? Mine came a couple of weeks ago.......not long now!

Granddaughter off to LA and San Francisco next week on a school trip...for a week!! They’ve come a long way since the 50’s and a day trip to the seaside...if we were lucky! 😊