Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Here is a quick pic. Too tired for anything more sophisticated.

i-fbRZLSN-L.jpg

The background boards making up the main part of the floor are white oak.

The center medallion is American walnut, American cherry, and quartersawn white oak.

The border is set off by strips of Peruvian walnut, and also contains American cherry, Maple, and quartersawn white oak.

I am afraid to walk on it. And I don't want to cover it with furniture. But we have...

It's some really detailed work. I spent some time today examining the number of perfectly-fitted angled cuts, and it's really evident that it took a while lot of planning and careful execution.

And having it done while we were away was even better! That kind of work must be hard to live with. But it was indeed a great welcome home present.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

here is a quick pic. Too tired for anything more sophisticated.

i-fbrzlsn-l.jpg

the background boards making up the main part of the floor are white oak.

The center medallion is american walnut, american cherry, and quartersawn white oak.

The border is set off by strips of peruvian walnut, and also contains american cherry, maple, and quartersawn white oak.

I am afraid to walk on it. And i don't want to cover it with furniture. But we have...

BEAUTIFUL........Not sure why the picture won't come up on this one but the floor is simply beautiful:)

Greetings Coolers!

JP...that is an amazing floor! Beautiful craftsman/womanship! I'd almost be nervous about walking on it!

I stumbled on a list of Old English words that have gotten dusty with un-use and some of them might well become part of my vocabulary. :)

Ultracrepidarian: someone who gives opinions on subjects they know nothing about.

Snollygoster: an unprincipled person, especially a politician.

Klazomaniac: Someone who only seems able to speak by shouting.

Quomodocunquize (v): to make money in any way that you can.

Fudgel (v): pretending to work when you’re not actually doing anything at all.

And continuing the list.....

Snecklifter: a person who pokes into a pub to see if there’s anyone who might stand him [or her] a drink.

Ergophobia: the morbid fear of returning to work.

Bobolyne: an old Tudor English word for a fool.

Cumberworld: also called a cumberground—someone who is so useless, they just serve to take up space.

Muck-spout: someone who not only talks a lot, but who seems to constantly swear.

I'm especially fond of Fudgel and Cumberworld.

Have a great day all!

Good morning Coolers!

Lovely floor, JP, beware of not hiding the medallion under the center table...nice challenge.

Mysty, thanks for increasing our vocabularies. I was struck by the fact the the old Tudor English word for fool (Bobolyne) is the root word for the Spanish words for fool (Bobo and Bobalicón). Therefore, easy to insult in any language!

Welcome home JP & Chris....your new floor is just beautiful....

Words from Mysty...one describes me well 😉

Afraid l can’t abide Clarkson in any form...used to see him around quite a lot up in Yorkieland....😏

Chester shopping spree was cancelled today due to the inclement weather....maybe I’m just feeling lazy!!

Seven weeks today and it’ll be cruise time......bliss 😊

Hi, glad I have some use! :D

We really wanted something summery as it is so grey here for so long. I’ve made enough couscous for several days as it thing it improves after a couple of days in the fridge. We’re having it with sheftalia one day and tandoori chicken the other both with flatbread and salad. I have also bought some more ribeye ...

Enjoy your lamb ...

J...your meal looks heavenly! Hummus and couscous are two of my favourite treats!

Miss S....sorry your excursion got postponed. The rescheduled trip is something to look forward to though. :) And only 7 weeks before sail off! Lovely! And now I will be pondering the question of which of the words describes Miss S. Ha Ha! I can name quite a few that most certainly do not!

Jeff, all that you're missing is a dash of sumac on that hummus. I still have a big jar of it that I brought home from Jordan. Goes well on summery dishes like that.

Moved the piano back into the great room last night. Looks nice there. It was great to have our dining nook back, as things were a little crowded. When my little brother is here in 10 days, we'll reposition it a little more with his help.

I finally got some sleep last night and am starting to feel human. I had only slept about 3 hours each night (Saturday and Sunday) since returning home so yesterday was a real struggle at work. Not sure whether it was sheer exhaustion, or the melatonin, but something worked.

Happy Spring! I can feel it in the air. Any day now...

PS. Jeff, I'd say hummuses. Just like octopuses (it isn't octopi). It's Latin words that change -us to -i to make a plural, right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Greetings Coolers! Freezing rain and snow in the forecast for later this afternoon and overnight. Frantically waving a white flag here Mother Nature! I surrender! Please turn up the heat! This is what the current temp feels like for me:

P1012072.JPG

However, I might be able to put up with it if my window view actually looked like this. This was taken on our Alaska cruise in 2010 and I would much rather be there now than here.

JP..glad you got some sleep!

Have a great day all!

Good afternoon all ...

M ... so hope you get some good weather soon ...

JP, my heart was swayed a few months back by Amazon and I bought rather too much sumac and baharat and so I have a vacuum tub of each and one of mixed if I can ‘t decide. To be honest unless you are going to mix it with the hummus then it really becomes a decoration and one in which you get a bit of spice on a few mouthfuls and then you have the rest without. So I don’t!

Re hummi v hummuses. A few years back we took some friends with us to Vienna for the nut and punch safari around the Christmas markets and there was quite a heated punch fuelled discussion about whether if we were both to buy the same Christmas decoration is it two Jesuses or two Jesii. This was never authoritatively resolved but no one cared. :)

Today was tandoori chicken thighs with the previously mentioned fruity couscous and flatbread and white win ..

e1459f4d650d1ca98ebc69a8c3ed3eeb.jpg

48283a1f746335a54a83b6a5b4eb4b68.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, happy to ...

Couscous is cooked seperately with vegetable bouillon powder made stock with some sumac and baharat. Although cinamon would be a decent sub for the spice if you don’t have that, but just a small amount. I slow roast red onions and mixed sweet peppers in olive oil for a good slow cook and then open up the foil for the last thirty minutes to let the flavour intensify and to get a little caramelisation. I add that with the couscous stove toasted pine nuts, sultanas and chick peas. It’s worth making enough for a few days as it improves,and it is so easy and cheap to make and I think we are finding we are enjoying these elements in our food more than the proteins.

Looking forward to hearing and perhaps seeing what you do.