Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Yikes Lois!! Once again the insurance companies pull the rug out from under without giving a thought.

I hope you can take an alternative drug, but if not are there any remedies you can pursue, like a letter from your Doctor stating its the only drug you can use that is efficacious or can you appeal the decision?

Thinking chocolate wabbits for all, and happy spring !

A strange request if I may be so bold ... does anybody know the brand of teapot used for ‘high tea’ on SS ships?

Mrs B wants one so if I can surprise her I may get brownie points[emoji57]

I may not as well.

I seem to recall it was a German sounding name?

Rheinflou or similar.

Thanks ...

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A strange request if I may be so bold ... does anybody know the brand of teapot used for ‘high tea’ on SS ships?

Mrs B wants one so if I can surprise her I may get brownie points[emoji57]

I may not as well.

I seem to recall it was a German sounding name?

Rheinflou or similar.

Thanks ...

Mike

Something like this?:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronnefeldt-Teapot-Strainer-Litre-Porcelain/dp/B00N6PEYFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522424990&sr=8-1&keywords=ronnefeldt+teapot

Hi folks, thanks for all the good wishes. I spoke with my Dr's office today (he was out). I spoke with his assistant (who I know from all my visits). I should have more information next week. Hopefully one of the new meds (they are giving me 3 choices) will work.........if not? Yes, I guess he can appeal but I don't want to jump too far ahead.

I remember when I was first diagnosed (2 years ago)....I was in real shock and felt so much stress trying to get meds, co-pays, etc.......I thought I just wanted to die:eek:............this time, I will just take it one step at a time........

I will let you all know what happens for sure.......thanks for listening to me vent.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.:)

Hi folks, thanks for all the good wishes. I spoke with my Dr's office today (he was out). I spoke with his assistant (who I know from all my visits). I should have more information next week. Hopefully one of the new meds (they are giving me 3 choices) will work.........if not? Yes, I guess he can appeal but I don't want to jump too far ahead.

I remember when I was first diagnosed (2 years ago)....I was in real shock and felt so much stress trying to get meds, co-pays, etc.......I thought I just wanted to die:eek:............this time, I will just take it one step at a time........

I will let you all know what happens for sure.......thanks for listening to me vent.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.:)

Hi L,

This must be very concerning and worrying for you, particularly if you happen to find yourself without distraction and thinking about this stuff all the while and by yourself. It is easy to spend too much of your time brooding.

FWIW, you know all your Cooler friends are thinking of you, and sympathise, and are rooting for you, so if you can try and put things into boxes in your mind with lids. One of them labelled "health". The other "non-health" and if you can try very hard to only open the health one when you actually need to do something health related and then refuse to let it open at other times to take your attention. Every time you start mulling it over try and say "no - get back into the box" and shut the lid! Nothing can be improved by opening the box when you needn't as it only causes stress, which is harmful and lowers your resistance.

I know these are just words but I hope you give it a try. :) Sweet Dreams and a good weekend. :)

Greetings Coolers! We all face challenges in our lives. It is frustrating when the challenge seems to be tied directly to a corporate decision to improve their bottom line at the expense of people's health and well-being. Best wishes to all facing challenges!

Spring? Bah humbug!

29597514_1655619337818424_4519933067334275256_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=c22f19574c3e2b9a3bc311e80507dc47&oe=5B716930

Have a great day all! And Happy "Whatever You Are Celebrating" this weekend!

Good morning...........new day......thanks for all the encouraging words:)....JP, hoping 1 of the new choices work. I will keep you posted:)

Excellent feed-back from J.P. Yes, it's a "New Day"!! As we prepare for the Passover and Easter seasons, it is clear, bright, fresh and sunny here in Central Ohio today. Still cool, but it is a sign that Spring and better weather are approaching.

For Lois, hopefully your doctor will be able to confirm that one or more of the drug options will work well. If not, press back to the insurance folks. Hopefully, they will be "flexible" and/or creative in coming up with a good, acceptable solution.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Hi Terry, looking at the excursions for my upcoming trip. This is my first time visiting many of the ports. Dubrovnik is one of them and have heard it is such an awesome place to see:)........I went with SS excursions last summer and was very pleased with them so will be going with them again. They show the choices but cannot book anything yet. About 10 days to 2 weeks out from that point.

That is a fun topic to think about:D

Good Afternoon Coolers,

This week the star of my favourite film Babette’s Feast passed so a small raised glass to her!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/obituaries/stephane-audran-who-starred-in-babettes-feast-dies-at-85.html

Today’s lunch not up to her standard ....

59320ef0707880babc724fbd6f4c63b2.jpg

9bed5cb44ca1ab772f720fa5ab37f049.jpg

0457fa2196d30268ccbfb32068637508.jpg

Hi Terry, looking at the excursions for my upcoming trip. This is my first time visiting many of the ports. Dubrovnik is one of them and have heard it is such an awesome place to see........I went with SS excursions last summer and was very pleased with them so will be going with them again. They show the choices but cannot book anything yet. About 10 days to 2 weeks out from that point. That is a fun topic to think about.

For Lois, Dubrovnik and other locations along this scenic coast can be super wonderful. Good news? Yes, Dubrovnik is very popular, historic, etc. Bad news? The challenge is that certain of these locations can get very crowded and over-run with too many cruise ship passengers. My first suggestion would be to check the number and size of other cruise ships due in that port that day when your Silversea ship is scheduled there. Then you can better plan a "strategy" as to how to maximize your experience there. Below are a few of my "preview" visuals to help build the excitement for visiting this amazing part of the world. More visuals are on my posting linked below.

Our day in Dubrovnik was great as we were the only ship in town that day, plus the weather was upper 70'sF and breezy. If it's too hot AND super crowded, that can take most of the fun out of this great port stop. You might need a very different tour and/or approach under those conditions. Happy to answer any added questions, share more, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 40,335 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

We started in Dubrovnik with a local cab driver who gave us a “panoramic tour”, including crossing their unique bridge near the main cruise ship docking area. He called this bridge their “Golden Gate” like in San Francisco. Then we drove up and up through narrow twisting roads to the high point overlooking Dubrovnik and near the cable car high station. From this point, we could also see part of Bosnia and and Montenegro. The “super star” view was down below with this angle of the harbor and walled city. Beautiful!!!:

2DubrOverallHighViewOne.jpg

This is Dubrovnik’s Pile Gate as the grand western entrance to the walled city. It was constructed in 1537. As you go through the gate, look for the statue of St. Blaise, the city's patron saint,. There is an inner gate, which is even older and was built in 1460. Entering the city this way, you see the surrounding fortifications hiding the buildings inside. There is a drawbridge fronting the Pile Gate that was once lifted each evening. From this location, you can get a cab that will take you back to the port and your ship. Sharing the cab, makes it nice and affordable.:

DubPileGate2Enter.jpg

Here is the view of the Cable Car going down from the high point over Dubrovnik with interesting areas and islands west of the city shown. This cable car has been re-built since the early 1990’s war years. It’s a dramatic coastline with great views here!:

4DubrCableCarWaterIslands.jpg

This is a view of the historic Dubrovnik wall at an upward and outward point built on top of the rocks and where it overlooks the Adriatic Sea. Walking this wall is a wonderful and unique way to sample and see up close and personal what makes this city so special.:

DubrovWallWaterViews.jpg

This is the Stradun or Placa, a 300 meter-long, limestone-paved, pedestrian main shopping street of Dubrovnik. Here is the view as it stretches through the walled town in the east-west direction, connecting the western entrance called the Pile Gate to the Ploce Gate on the eastern end. Stradun became the city's main thoroughfare in the 13th century and its current appearance was mostly created following the 1667 earthquake which destroyed most of the buildings. Both ends are also marked with 15th-century fountains (Onofrio's Large Fountain in the western section and Onofrio's Small Fountain on the east end. There are also bell towers (the Dubrovnik Bell Tower to the west end and the bell tower attached to the Franciscan monastery to the east). The buildings along this way all have shutter painted in the same color. The Stradun and some of the surrounding houses were damaged in mortar shelling during the Siege of Dubrovnik in 1991–92 but most of the damage has been repaired. When you look at the tile roofs, you can see the difference between the older and newer based on that battle damage. Don’t miss walking the wall in this great town.:

3DubrMainStreet2Tower.jpg

This is a small sampling of the St. Blaise Church Treasury in the heart of Dubrovnik.:

DubrGoldInChurchTreasury.jpg

Good Afternoon Coolers,

This week the star of my favourite film Babette’s Feast passed so a small raised glass to her!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/obituaries/stephane-audran-who-starred-in-babettes-feast-dies-at-85.html

Today’s lunch not up to her standard ....

59320ef0707880babc724fbd6f4c63b2.jpg

9bed5cb44ca1ab772f720fa5ab37f049.jpg

0457fa2196d30268ccbfb32068637508.jpg

I'm so very sorry to hear of her death. Babette's Feast is one of our most favorite movies. Must've watched it a dozen times or more. It's one of those films that never gets old. Always something new to be noticed that was missed before. Thank you, Jeffy, for letting us know.....

I'm so very sorry to hear of her death. Babette's Feast is one of our most favorite movies. Must've watched it a dozen times or more. It's one of those films that never gets old. Always something new to be noticed that was missed before. Thank you, Jeffy, for letting us know.....

Linda,

Lovely to hear of another fan.

Stéphane said in one interview that if she hadn’t been an actress she would have cooked, which I thought ironic. She typified the best of many of the female French actresses in that you felt when you looked at her face that you knew everything about her and what she was feeling and thinking. She also typified in that just like French wine, French women often seem to improve with age. My experience - is or should I hasten to say “was” limited - but it was true of those.

I own a copy of Babette’s and it is due for another airing. Thanks for posting Linda ....

Terry, as usual, your pictures are outstanding:D........the cable car looks fun:D

Tonight I am having dinner with my sis and bil........they are leaving for a cruise on Tuesday and will be away 51 days!...........she will be giving me a printout of their itinerary since they will be gone so long. I know the first part of the trip is flying from here to California and from there to Singapore...........should be pretty exciting.:)

Good Afternoon Coolers and as I know that some enjoy the Sunday Clarkson whic today is about “choice” ....

45 litres of red from pump No 4, please — that’s how I want to buy my wine “

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jeremy-clarkson-45-litres-of-red-from-pump-no-4-please-that-s-how-i-want-to-buy-my-wine-0lkjl7kbc?shareToken=36aca9d6b165600b3ff93bb616b59ecd

Happy Easter!

We got home from Melbourne a little after 9PM yesterday night. One bag didn't make the connection in LAX but it's on its way today, and Delta will deliver it to our doorstep. No big deal, as the wine check with 2 bottles from Barossa, and 2 from the Tamar Valley, made it intact. The late arrival just has some dirty clothes, and one more bottle of wine.

We didn't sleep much last night. Had to eat then finally slept at midnight, but up at 4AM. Hope to sleep well tonight!

Great trip. Was quite impressed with how Virgin Australia treated us. We have medallion status with Delta, and the reciprocal benefits were great. Lounge access for domestic flights, even in economy. And dedicated security lanes just for us in Sydney and Melbourne! So quick and painless. Best airport security ever.

Yesterday we used the Etihad lounge before our Transpacific flight. VA doesn't have their own lounge in the international terminal so they use that one. Nearly brand-new, very quiet, not crowded. Just lovely. What a contrast to the Delta lounges, especially in LAX.

The hardwood floors were finished while we were away and they look amazing. Today we will try to move some of the furniture back into those rooms. But we need felt pads to go under the furniture legs, and nobody is open...we shall see if I can devise a plan b, unless I decide to nap instead.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app