Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Camss,

I put the "reaching out" in my current top spot but a very close second are those people who when interviewed on TV start EVERY reply with "So ......."

Once they start, they do not seem to be able to stop and I find myself shouting "So ..." at the screen every time the interviewer finishes a question and now I also find myself simply changing channels after the second "So .... " until the interview is over.

In about two weeks we are off on the Muse. Likely it will be a chilly cruise across the North Atlantic. Surely we will need rain gear once we are in Ireland? or not?

In Ireland there are 3 basic weather patterns:

1. Raining.

2. Just stopped raining.

3. Just about to rain.

Greetings Coolers! Still in the deep freeze here and to that I say....

30124113_1662346257145732_465844367811149824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1b200b526e5046fb8f9614b86c3ef8f2&oe=5B33BB3B

JP and J...yummy dishes! And spins....your very creative description is wonderful!

We lost some roof shingles in the high winds this week. They were repaired and/or replaced this morning.

Haven't run into any "reaching out". The English language is "evolving" or perhaps more aptly "devolving". However we no longer use "forsooth" so maybe some of the changes will be positive. :)

Have a great day all!

Good news L ...

And another one .... :(

"This is Sarah, and I am happy to connect with you as I want to make sure you are having the best possible experience with XXXXXX. I was recently notified of an issue you experienced with your XXXXXX and wanted to reach out."

Greetings Coolers! Latest long range weather forecasts seem to indicate that seasonal temperatures will be 10 to 15 degrees below average until May. :( I'm going to curl up under many blankets until then!

For fans of the InstantPot there is something new....The Ropot.

"Cooking occurs inside the Ropot’s removable 4.2-L non-stick, PFOA-free pot that’s outfitted with a rotating paddle at its centre. Users program the Ropot through its touchscreen, and the unit cooks food with not just its bottom element, but also an infrared element built into its lid. Meanwhile, sensors in the machine keep its temperature stable and below the smoking point of common cooking oils. The lid and the sensors allowing the company to tout a major selling point — that the machine contains smoke, smells and oily messes far better than its stove-top equivalents."

http://ottawacitizen.com/life/food/ropot

https://www.ropots.com/

Have a great day all!

It is unseasonably cold down here in Albany.

Before we left for Australia, I had some misguided hope that it would be Spring when we got back. Oh well.

Off to work - enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Merde et plus merde! Mysty.

Three is a saying about sleeping with groundhogs. I can't for the life of me remember it. Let sleeping something something.

Be careful.

At my abode the illness has really taken hold, reached out and gripped me. I had to "sleep" sitting up in chair. My voice is reminiscent of a frog, although I know I haven't kissed any. Buy stock in Kleenex and cough drops. I need to get better fast. The muse is calling...

Yes indeed spins...trop de merde! With all the layers of clothing I am currently wearing to stay warm, even if the groundhog got violent he wouldn't find any easily accessible body part to gnaw on. :)

J...that plate is beautiful! Thanks for the article. It seems more and more to me that the lunatics are running (or trying to run) the asylum!

Good morning, Spins, sorry you are feeling so bad:(........hope you get well very soon.

I am starting to look at Venice. I have never been there before and I know they say it is very easy to "Do it yourself" but I am thinking of doing a tour one the 2nd day I am there. There is a company that was recommended and when I checked Trip Advisor it gets FANTASTIC reviews:D........the company is called "A Friend in Venice" and I emailed them last night.

As much as I love traveling on my own, when I go to a new place and find a tour at a reasonable price, I go that way

sometimes......it just makes things easier (Sometimes LOL). So, waiting to hear back from them.

Jeff, I LOVE lamb. Actually, I bought some ground lamb and forgot to buy the Taziki. Actually, I need to go to

the grocery store for some other items so will get it later this morning.

Hope all of you have a good Sunday:)........will be watching the Masters this afternoon.

Feel better soonest spins!

We Canadians do like to poke fun at ourselves. We especially enjoy poking fun at Toronto (even those who live in Toronto poke fun at Toronto). Here is a link to a YouTube video that is a spoof of a Fifth Estate report about something that will affect us all for decades to come. Snow in Toronto!

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Greetings Coolers!

Today's forecast.....

30264969_1664138446966513_1065686106030211072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=89a45be15e986b9e8123fad247f69c66&oe=5B299783

If anyone is looking for me...I'm holing up with the groundhog.

Have a great day all!

Darn it! If only you Canadians would stop sending your cold air masses south into New England.

Or maybe just having England in our area name cursed us with foul weather.

Loved the weather map, Mysty! Are you sure that wasn't for the US? It's 20 something here this am. Poor crocus are frozen stiff and daffodils have given up completely. Forthisia (sp?) had one single frozen little blossom.....ugh.

Doesn't do any good to complain....Hey, at least it's not snowing (at this second in time!)

Spins.....so sorry to hear you're ailing.....hurry and get better! Will be looking for you comments from the Muse!

Spins, feel better soon! Such a downer, being sick on vacation, or worrying about it just prior. Somehow we managed to avoid the usual respiratory viruses while we were away last month in Australia. The last few trips, we've caught something on the way over. It was nice to have a break from that.

Back to work after...working the past weekend. Ugh. This schedule grows tiresome.

Yesterday I was too lazy to do something fancy with the duck that I thawed so I just roasted it whole, with a honey, lemon, balsamic glaze. Delicious! Forgot pics but it had nice crispy skin. And we have leftovers!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Sounds nice JP.

My husband does "beer butt" duck, but without the beer. He had hollow stainless steel tubes made that sit on a stainless steel plate. He puts wine, garlic, lemon and often marmalade jam in the tube and roasts it in the bbq. The duck sits on the tube and the wine etc steams the inside of the duck keeping it moist. The skin is beautifully crisp.

Get better Spins. You need to feel well for your cruise.

Jilly, that does sound tasty. I stuffed the cavity of the duck with lemon chunks and garlic before roasting.

I think we're going to go out for dinner tonight. Easier than cooking!

PS have you ever been to George's on Weymouth? We had dinner there on our one night in Adelaide. Quite nice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app