Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

That looks lovely Dave .....

I think you meant Keo .... a few jars and you're anybody's!

And if you are bored .... my visit to Sodap with The Germans.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41933864&postcount=478

.... and a trip up to Stroumbi for some wine ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41928784&postcount=475

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Was Kourion where the amphitheatre is that overlooks the sea? It was stunning there. Other highlights were kris’s kebabs just near akrotiri base and a shed in the mountains that serves the best meze in the world and is plastered wall to ceiling with photos of celebs, past presidents and prime ministers that had eaten there.

Was Kourion where the amphitheatre is that overlooks the sea? It was stunning there. Other highlights were kris’s kebabs just near akrotiri base and a shed in the mountains that serves the best meze in the world and is plastered wall to ceiling with photos of celebs, past presidents and prime ministers that had eaten there.

Yes,

In the old days there was just a couple of ramshackle old wooden places where you would sit all day. and no road. You just drove on the beach. They also improved the amphitheatre at Kourion and hold concerts and Greek plays in the evening. The problem is that the smell of the kebabs wafts up .....

Thanks both,

As I get older I'm convinced that all the best experiences in life seem to happen in a sort of random way as long as you go with the flow and don't over plan and let life envelope you.

The evening in Stroumbi was extraordinary. It really was just a thank you from the wine companies to all the people working in the fields and there was gift presentations to excellent people. For example one gnarled old man was presented with a scythe. So there was a makeshift stage, and all the locals bought in tables and chairs and around the edges was all the wine companies and people selling food. So you bought a glass for about 10p and you filled it as often as you wanted. The families really welcomed us and patiently explained what was going on. It was a truly memorable lovely warm September night. We often rationalised that we would like to buy a place in Stroumbi.

I remember when the laid the main road into Stroumbi. There was a tree in the middle of where the road should be and they simply left it there and tarmaced around it. When they built the motorway between the south and Nicosia before they opened it everyone knew it was finished so they just drove around the bollards into people's back gardens and up onto the road again and kept doing the same thing for miles. They were such a tolerant lot the Cypriots letting everyone use their gardens.

Cyprus now is different.

Davy - yum! I am making pork tacos for tomorrow. They are marinating now...chunks of pork shoulder in a paste of spices and herbs, tons of grated garlic, lots of salt, and some sugar. Having some friends over to soak in the pool.

i-HrRGgPJ-L.jpg

Jeff...just an example of how knowing just a little of the language will get you into trouble! In your case, a very fun kind of trouble!

I am reminded of our self-guided tour off the beaten path outside of Alanya (Turkey). We were looking for a ruined Seljuk fortress with a stone stairway. The guy whose "restaurant" we parked near spoke German to us. So we understood "Stein Tunnel" and "Leicht" but not much else. We made it there and back though, so that's what counts!

Story starts here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2118364&page=4

Near the bottom, post 78

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

JP,

It's lovely to see that the light at the end of the stone tunnel is a really good long marinade.

My good luck knows no boundary this week as I have just won 150,000 euros on the lottery! Yes, I know it's undeserved as I didn't buy a ticket but it transpires my email address was entered and it won. I'm so happy. The only thing worrying me a little is that the number on the top part (Sretan broj: 24/11/13/24/40) is different from the bottom translated version (ES. Lucky No: 9/11/13/24/40), but it's only one number that's wrong so I guess they know what they are doing.

All I need to do now is to call these people and give them my bank details .....

Cestitamo pobjedniku / Winner.

Vas ID e-poste upravo je osvojio € 150.000,00 (Jedna stotina i pedeset tisuca eura) u programu Uplift International Charity. Referentni broj: Sp / 229 / 0-01 / 07 / 5-02 / ES. Sretan broj: 24/11/13/24/40.

Za vise informacija i kontakt postupka potrazivanja;

CAPITAL CLAIM AGENCY

Mr. John Carlos.

Email: infocapitas@aim.com

Tel: +34-634-027-588

Uz vase puno ime, adresu, dob, zanimanje, telefonske brojeve

Posaljite svoj odgovor na ovu poruku e-poste: infocapitas@aim.com

Napomena: Ovo je meaunarodni program lutrije. Ovo je poruka automatski prevedena s engleskog na hrvatski.

Cestitamo!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Winner.

Your email address has just won € 150,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Euros) in the Uplift International Charity Lottery Program. Reference No: Sp / 229 / 0-01 / 07 / 5-02 / ES. Lucky No: 9/11/13/24/40.

For more information and claim procedure contact below.

CAPITAL CLAIM AGENCY

Mr. John Carlos.

Email: infocapitas@aim.com

Tel: + 34-634-027-588.

Your full name, address, age, occupation, phone numbers

Submit Reply to Email: infocapitas@aim.com

Congratulations!!!

Wow Jeff, it just keeps piling up for you. Maybe you’ll also shortly get an email from a dodgy cruise line who’s owner has recently come into a large amount of money and is looking for someone very trusted to hold onto some of it for safe keeping as he is worried about impending legal action against him.

Mistakes present you with the greatest opportunity for change M.

What a shame everybody can’t seize the opportunity to learn from them and improve. Some of us just keep cursing cross eyed cows and terrifying the villagers. Any other Pratchett fans on here?

Agreed DW! And yet there is something horrifying about making a mistake. It takes more courage to make a mistake than to dither forever in order not too. Chicken Little here! And I really wish I was not!

I’m very much a Libra M and have learnt the hard way about dithering. By the time we are done dithering, the opportunity has usually passed us by. Grab every single breath that the big fella upstairs (whatever we each call him) blesses us with and waste none of them. On my last day on earth I certainly won’t be lying there thinking “I wish i’d......” I’m going with me boots on.

And before anyone critisisces my pairing of wine with my main course, I would just like to point out that i’m Reluctantly allergic to tannins and therefore I become extremely poorly following the consumption of any decent red. Imagine my dismay at being promoted to wine cellar manager at the Savoy London (whilst it was still a proper hotel and not a learpord print monstrosity, and shortly after being informed that I Had to spit all of those wonderful samples out. It was heartbreaking.

Life seems to be so unfair.

What fun reading to wake up to this sunny morning.....the Cyprus story is a hoot Jeff!

JP, your food marinating looks delish and perfect in hot weather!

DW....loved your plate too....saw Llandudno on the news last night...the place was heaving so glad l wasn’t there!

The Arrows were all over the area but l didn’t see them...they landed at Hawarden at some point.....we used to live close to Scampton so would see them in practice quite often.

M...Happy 151st Canada Day, hope the celebrations go well...

😊

Good Morning all and Happy Birthday Canada!

Today my new best friend is Linda Gabriel, a deeply religious person who wishes to entrust me with $3,600,000. The cash just keeps rolling in ....

I am Mrs. Linda Gabriel. A converted born again Christian suffering from long time cancer of the breast from USA, a widow to late Gabriel who died five years ago. A very rich and wealthy business man who was running his palm oil plantation business in Malaysia. After the death of my husband, i inherited all his business and wealth but my doctors has advised me that i may not live for more than 2 months. So i now decided to divide part of this wealth to contribute the sum of $3,600,000USD (Three Million, Six Hundred Thousand United States Dollars)to the development of the church and less privileges in America or any good person who can use the money for the good work of God. Please kindly contact me on my direct email: (mrs.lindagabriel@yahoo.com)

Thanks and God bless you.

Your beloved sister in Christ.

Mrs.Linda Gabriel

Greetings Coolers!

DW....I am a Scorpio with all the sometimes fire that brings. I am somewhat tainted with fears of making mistakes though. I probably won't die with my boots on. I just hope that I will at least have some blisters on my feet. :)

J.....you really must stop handing out your email to all those generous souls! :)

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes both!

In honour of our 151st B-Day..........

36378325_1757991244247899_3443620854271836160_n.png?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGpR3yLbHcCEnV3RSSR-EREgcAMuZnCh4X7I-UUCMrBysu3BsZvMpuMJRjDvwZVKR9WD4Xs637O-4ZQg54IJcBY3ebg1qesUKr-yiR6iI-D4g&oh=233d454cab67420954cbe04ec61977ae&oe=5BE75903

Have a great day all!