Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Well that was a complete waste of everyones time.

Mr Conroy just forwarded my email to Peter Shanks who has said nothing different to what was said before.

Looks like the hope of a reasonable resolution was short lived.

Have you had any response yet Jeff, Swindy and beeminor?

Well that was a complete waste of everyones time.

Mr Conroy just forwarded my email to Peter Shanks who has said nothing different to what was said before.

Looks like the hope of a reasonable resolution was short lived.

Have you had any response yet Jeff, Swindy and beeminor?

Not yet Dave ....:(

I know this may sound obtuse to non-Brits, but Dave it strengthens the odds of your and my case by receiving no offer at all than if you were to receive even a half-decent (cash) offer. I know that any sensible person wishes to avoid court, but if you have to do so it is better to be litigating an extremely badly handled complaint than one dealt with in a semi-sensible way where you are simply bickering about the amount.

Oh well leave it with the Solicitor now. I Hope you all hear some positive soon.

This 30 degree heat is making me think about my next holiday. I'm seriously thinking about Azamara. I really like the look of them. Interested also in Seabourn. Will have to be Feb/March now though as too much on the Autumn. Any suggestions?

I'm a real foodie. That sounds great but better half can't take time off between boxing day and mid Feb (peak periodin travel) Maybe I could go on my own. Now there's an idea.

We started off heading down to Sydney every January for three or four weeks and stayed on Circular Quay so we could use the ferries for finding starting off points for long walks whilst it wasn't walking weather in the UK. We did short stopovers in Singapore on the way there and having preferred it to Bangkok - both ways. The stopovers got longer and longer and Sydney got shorter and shorter until we cut it out. We simply preferred Singapore to Sydney.

Up to a couple of years ago we were going for two or three times a year for three weeks a stay but we're now down to just the one. We were spending more time in Singapore than at Seaside. I feel it is one of the most under-known and under appreciated and under rated places and is the place for foodies as it is the real meeting place of so many Asian cuisines and it retains both the original cuisines but also because Singaporeans are obsessed with their food there is real genuine rather than pretentious fusion food where everything is fused with something else to produce something new and better. The street food scene is full of places that make a single dish or two and have been perfecting them and handing them down over generations. And you simply try everything you don't recognise. I then recreate them when I get home. They also have extremely advanced hygiene regime - which is improving even more next year - to make it really safe to eat there compared to say Bangkok or the UK.

Have you tried Singapore?

JP, your Schnitzel looks yummy. Must try your sauce. Hard to find veal or pork escalopes here, so I often bread chicken With some chives and Parmesan. My favourite dish as a kid was Veal a la creme with mushrooms.

On another note, I have just viewed your Banff photos. They are absolutely stunning. Even despite the weather they are beautiful.

Hope you enjoy your concert in Saratoga tonight. Who are you going to see?

Mudhen, congrats on the new house. It must be so exciting. The area sounds fantastic being so close to the Sea.

Looking forward to hearing more. I’m sure you’re so happy now being located so close to your family.

Jeff your view is Idyllic. Really enjoying soaking up the Sunshine, and nice leisurely meals outside.

Our lawn is starting to turn brown due to no rain and water hose restrictions.

We can’t cut ours at the moment, keeping it long, in case it burns.

We're the same here sakaara, our lawn is turning brown all around the edges.

Sounds like a great adventure Jeff, I checked the photo's carefully and couldn't see a single scorpion or grasshopper anywhere in there. Seaside looks lovely, and its just the weather for it.

With regard to the other matter, what you said Jeff, echoed what was said to me by my solicitor but more interestingly by Abta. Abta actually told me that an offer of a future cruise credit would usually be rejected by a court as being a fair offer and the case would be viewed by the court as if no offer had been made at all. A Great starting point. I Really don't think they have the slightest idea about how badly they have handled this and how it will be viewed by a judge.

Hi everyone...…...I fly out 1 week from tomorrow:D

Mudhen, I missed the post saying you moved......congrats...…..you are up in Boston? They are very serious

about their sports teams for sure.....my team was 10 minutes away from beating the Pats last January:eek:…..

but at least they did not win the Superbowl LOL...…..

Lois when I follow a sports team they end up having an abysmal record so 16 years ago when our son moved to the USA I started following the team with the worst record in the NFL.They are now the exception to my rule-Eagles.

Hi everyone...…...I fly out 1 week from tomorrow:D

Mudhen, I missed the post saying you moved......congrats...…..you are up in Boston? They are very serious

about their sports teams for sure.....my team was 10 minutes away from beating the Pats last January:eek:…..

but at least they did not win the Superbowl LOL...…..

Lois you're so close to blast off!!!! Very exciting!

Nope, we haven't moved yet. Just found the house last weekend. We head to RI on Monday for the mandatory house inspection. We're confident it'll pass....then title search, then closing at the end of July. In the meantime, work has just began in cleaning out 45 years of accumulaton, and then the task of selling our current house. Lots to do before we can really settle into RI!

Good morning all, from a slightly damp west coast of Canada.

Mudhen: congratulations on finding your new home! Must be so exciting after searching for so long. I don't envy you the actual move though. Packing up and moving after many years would be daunting. After 30 years in our current home we've also been on the hunt for a new home for a few years. Two main criteria: somewhat smaller than our current 'empty nest', and a view. Unfortunately anything that meets the one doesn't have the other. We've found lots of huge homes with gorgeous views, but my response is always "Who's going to clean it?" (Not me!) So I'm very glad to read that someone has found their dream home. Gives me hope!

Just had a chance to look at JP's photos of my back yard (aka Banff). Did you know, JP, that the very first picture you took is just down the road a bit from the highest point of the TransCanada east of the Rockies? The Scott Lake Hill has an elevation of 1244 meters above sea level. (For our British friends: Mount Snowdon is 1085 meters) That view (known as 'Dead Man's Flats', with the Rockies on the horizon) is one of my favourite vistas. It was unfortunate you didn't have perfect weather, but the pictures turned out well! Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

Edited by MLeh
Looked at JP's photos

Well....this weather is playing havoc with all sorts here.....landline, WiFi and tv are literally doing their own thing...so annoying!! No tv last night so l resorted to the old fashioned method of reading a book...😉

Sounds like quite a few of us Coolers are having great heat this weekend and whilst it’s so lovely and cheering I am praying for some cool respite!!

Mud....congrats on the new purchase...sounds like you’ve got a lot of work to do now!

JP...enjoy the pool....wish l had one right now!

M....great funnies.....and also great food offerings from Jeffers.....

Happy Weekend All 😊

Enjoy your kleftiko Dave. Hope,you put the spuds in with it.

Your post reminded me that kleftiko was the first meal I ever had in Cyprus. We found a country taverna with a large outside beehive oven and it was kleftiko or nothing. The owner just reached in and plonked a tin foil packet on your plate and everything was in the pack including your spuds. I think it was mouflon or goat as I don’t recall seeing many sheep in Cyprus.

Of course I then had to have my own beehive. Cost an arm and a leg importing it from Portugal and took five bribed neighbours to lift it into place.

f612266233ff2cd56de8c8acfd7bc284.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m sure I Will Jeff, it was my first meal in Cyprus too whilst visiting friends that were stationed there. This one has been cooked in a normal oven i’m afraid but hopes are high for it and yes, lots of tatws, along with a Greek salad and halloumi skewers. After waiting 13 1/2 hours already this last 20 minutes is the longest and most painful part.

:D

This kleftiko talk got me at a very foody vulnerable moment and I have just added a lamb shoulder to Monday’s delivery for a kleftiko next week. I do so miss those lovely red dirty Cyprus potatos. You could get them in the UK but you don’t see them any more. The closest I can get is Charlottes.

We were so lucky that we went to Cyprus often whilst it still felt unspoilt ie long before the Russian invasion with all that funny money. We went for both work and pleasure.

Were your friends in Dekhalia or Akrotiri? The Red Arrows use to practice in Cyprus over winter and they would eat with us in one of the tavernas on Kourion beach. We use to sit and eat and drink all day. Shetalia and Aphrodite wine followed by Keo Brandy and Ouzo .... and lots of coffee ... the pilots didn’t drink though! I wonder why! ;)

They were in Akrotiri, he was in the handbags. What a beautiful part of the island that was. I’ll never forget the time we staggered out of the Keo brewery at lunchtime after the free tour clutching half a dozen bottles of commandaria St. John. 4eb0a50e574adab15ec9f5a50e3f1f2b.jpg115d692f22d88c10cebaee4c90989214.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daveywavey70
Typo