Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Thanks Jeff, really appreciate all the information on extraction.

Ours is also lava rocks. It is by Miele.

Hopefully have it up and running shortly.

S

Hi,

Whatever you do, if you are buying a domestic extractor then (a) it must be ducted out and extract and not simply recycle and (b) I would check with Miele what the minimum extraction power required is as I believe that most domestic extractors wouldn't be up to the job and if you are "too hasty" it would be far too easy to regret your purchase. Due diligence. :)

I’m hoping to get something with a motor. I don’t think Miele have one strong enough that I’d be happy with.

Something like what you recommended would be perfect.

Loved the kebabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, JP is correct about "special threads"...…...I have read several of them over the years and CC always has a certain amount of time that the postings are open for and then the thread gets closed.

Jeff, your kabobs look AWESOME:D and Sakaara, I agree with Mysty about your location and the views...…...it looks lovely!

I have no doubt that two current cases will be resolved at some cost to the respondent.

Sadly many many hundreds of similar occurrences will continue to be managed by SS in a cost effective manner.

Some delicious food on the cooler today! Yummy kebabs and nice fish. Loving the grilled asparagus too. Tonight, I made schnitzel with some random cut of pork I picked up at the market last night for under $2. Didn't look so pretty but tasted great.

Last night I made an old favorite. Veal cutlets, pounded thin and dipped in flour, milk, and flour again then fried in olive oil and butter until crispy. Served over rice (more often we use pasta but we'd had too much of that lately) with a pan sauce of chopped tomato, green onion, garlic, wine, and finished with a bit of cream. It looks better with red tomatoes, but tasted just as good with other colored tomatoes.

i-pHsHBkd-L.jpg

This is a simple dish but it always makes me lick the plate clean. We have been making this recipe for over 25 years and it never fails to make us happy.

Chris still appreciates the time that she was on call in the hospital as an intern, and I made the dish at home and then packed it up and drove to the hospital to make sure she had something tasty for dinner. :) Gifts are nice, but good food makes better memories with those you love.

I have no doubt that two current cases will be resolved at some cost to the respondent.

Sadly many many hundreds of similar occurrences will continue to be managed by SS in a cost effective manner.

Unfortunately tgh I think you may be right. What a shame we are left with the feeling that we are just numbers and Silversea operates in a way that looks very much from the outside like they are playing a numbers game. Most people will just give up and spend their money elsewhere. Not a great way to operate really. Looking at it cynically, it might cost less in the short term to "hold the line" and refuse to make good following on from their shortcomings. This approach though only works very short term and inflicts a great deal of damage to a brand in the long term, especially when that particular brand advertises heavily their ability to provide a highly personalised service but when they fail to deliver what they have promised then behaves appallingly. They have really messed up with both the Spirit post stretch cruise and the recent Whisper debacle. They seem to have made no effort to retain their loyal customers or indeed have much interest in what damage they are bringing to their reputation.

I Am not a naive person. I Understand business and operate my own business fairly. I Wouldn't sleep at night if I had failed to deliver what I had promised to somebody let alone go on to make the situation much worse by failing to deal with the situation in a fair and responsible manner.

I Have been informed from several quarters that I would very likely be compensated rather well by taking this matter to court. That is not now or has ever been my motivation. All that I have asked of Silversea from the beginning of this debacle is that they treat me fairly and with respect. The attitude that I have encountered all the way along is that they have made a very generous offer to all passengers and if I don't like it I will have to take the legal route.

So unless there is a change of heart from Silversea following the recent involvement of Mr Conroy, then I think unfortunately for them they will find out just how expensive it can be when you play the numbers game instead of treating your guests as the individuals that they are.

Good Morning All

Is it my imagination, or is it everyone. This metabolic rate business seems to be a nasty vindictive piece of work. As we know, everything that we enjoy in life does you harm and everything you can do without is healthy. So I have been really sacrificing now for two weeks and the weight shot down and then belligerently stopped. For a week no alcohol at all. No real carbs at all for two weeks. The last week just a few ounces of Gosser with lunch and the thin man inside is making no progress of emerging any further. I remain a fat man. Ah well ....

A short walk around the village this morning. It was so hot that the herd of cows had parked themselves and were sheltering by the church path under some trees. They looked up in a rather sweaty and disinterested way at us as if to say "Are you hot as well ...." and then carried on whipping the flies away with their tails. Wifey tried chatting to one of them and stroked her head, and the response she received was that she lifted her tail and dropped a great big pat of smelly poo by her feet." That was a fitting response" wifey said. And I said "Fitting is almost right ... just a couple of letters wrong ....". :D

Good morning all

Chuckles at the funny m.

I'm sorry that thin Jeff isn't being heard or seen yet. It makes me think of that line in Ab Fab.

It went along the lines of Eddy saying "inside every fat person is a thin person waiting to get out"

Her mother looked her up and down and asked "just the one dear?"

I've had a response this morning from Silversea, still no change. Option B it is then.

Happy Friday, all...

It's been a hectic couple of weeks here with several record sprints to Rhode Island....and yes, we've found our new house! Had never expected to find "the one" at this point. We'd been looking off and on for a couple of years with no big rush. Then while surfing the net, I came upon another agents site and lo and behold, there is was. A quick drive (well, 3 hrs) to Westerly, did a walk thru and yup, this was it! We can walk to the water, think kayak/paddle board! Since we're on a hillside, we don't need flood insurance which is usually a must in RI. Although it's not Newport, which we had kinda hoped for, Elizabeth and Bob love the property as much as we do. We're about 45 mins from them. So close, but not too close!

Although we're thrilled, it's also somewhat terrifying to have to move after 45 years in the same house. There will be several "epic" yard sales before we're out of here, so for awhile, we'll have two houses.....omg!

I'm hoping that all of you who have serious issues with SS can get some sort of resolve....or if not, move on. Very sorry for all of your troubles.

Spins has informed us that we've got 72 days till OUR TA on the Spirit! Pretty excited about that too!!!

• Administrators
Is there a message in the fact that Mark Conroy's thread has become "read only" ?

This is totally my fault, I'll take the blame! These Q&A's are not intended to be open for such a long time. While they remain live and visible for future readers (and then archived via a link in the forum itself) I truthfully forgot to "close" this one so it's totally on me.

Once all the questions are answered (usually over a day or so), we think it is great when a cruise line/exec stops back to answer questions -- so thank you to Mark Conroy and team! But, the deal is this isn't their customer service venue, and we don't require them to return to answer future questions. We consider these a "special event".

So, I hope this clears up this issue. If you want to discuss this further with me, just send me an email (community@cruisecritic.com) to keep it off this thread.

Laura

Thanks for clearing that up, Laura. That's what I thought.

Congrats Linda! How exciting. The best thing we ever did before our last move 14 years ago? We rented a dumpster and tossed a ton of stuff, rather than move it. The problem? It's long past time for another one...

Saratoga tonight for a concert, then a weekend at home for a change. Will melt by the pool with some mojitos, I think.

Jeff, my thin man has been trapped by too many holidays. I'm not sure that he'll be coming out any time soon. Your metabolic rate is one tricky devil. You can fool it for a week or two with drastic changes but then it adapts to what you're feeding it. The first stone may be easy but after that... We need to eat less well!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Many moons ago, my Grandfather and his brother upped sticks, jumped on a White Star Liner, and emigrated to Rhode Island.

The serious rumour was that GF was wanted by the police and did a runner. I couldn’t find anything in the old newspapers though. I am led to believe that his wife wasn’t happy about being left behind. Which goes to prove that my nearest living ancestral blood relatives are American! Small world.

Sent from the magic box!

Ha ha! I'm actually more concerned about giving up the Yankees for the Red Sox....not as much the Giants for the Pats (not a fan of Brady, tho!)

These folks take their sports REALLY seriously!

Will check on the chickens!

The Balcony looks wonderful! Get while the gettin's good! :)

Quite right! There is fresh fish to be fried or grilled and eaten. :)

Mustn’t let the grass get too long for wifey to cut, and there appears to only be only pizza delivery stuff with hopefully no bills!

7c20ae78eec1fca94c26b93843649d31.jpeg

04dea77908a08126e768eccd584ec3aa.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk