Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Pleased you are enjoying the Cooler particularly the food pics!

The outcome for those on The Boozecrooze and Dave’s cruise has now past. They won’t budge ... it is a big fat zero. I think it best encapsulated by Ali MacGraw ... Silversea loves it`’s customers and and “Love is never having to say sorry”!

Dave and I and others have been told that there will be no recompense and so we will need to litigate in order to get a fair resolution. Not something I had thought we’d have to do when we booked a Silversea cruise ....

Onwards and upwards .... and tomorrow is lemon sole on the balcony@seaside.

Thats a shame, i would be a tad annoyed about that "mishap"?

Anyhow...Ally MacGraw?......im sure it will come to me...:D

I completely understand that it would have been the last thing on your mind after expecting a wonderful cruise with a premium cruise line......anyhow, enjoy the balcony, (looks wonderful) and your fish tomorrow.

Pam.

I sure hope the Cloud in Antarctica will be better, at least I assume it won't be a charter at that cost. It may be our only SS cruise and was above our usual budget but thought it would be something special. (also had to be paid in full at booking)

Yes I saw that one Jeff. There seem to be a very large number of very disappointed people leaving reviews on there at the mo, especially regarding the Muse. I submitted my review at the beginning of the week and it hasn’t been published yet. Have you had good weather at seaside?

Yes I saw that one Jeff. There seem to be a very large number of very disappointed people leaving reviews on there at the mo, especially regarding the Muse. I submitted my review at the beginning of the week and it hasn’t been published yet. Have you had good weather at seaside?

It’s been a great day today. You cannot beat really fresh simply cooked fish overlooking where it was caught and landed. The kitchen is very small here but I try and duplicate everything in both places. So we have two fridges, one for booze and one for food, and airfryers and Torps and everything. And ViSprings in both places ... so we sleep well. It’s also lovely at night with the sound of the water lapping.

Seaside has been a great enhancement for us.

Hi Jeff,

I have a to ask what the small picture at the bottom of your post is. As you know, I love your food photos and have been following them forever (or it seems like forever). Do you ever make Cornish pasties or Shepherds Pie (my personal favorite comfort dish)? We bought an air fryer last month -- any ideas as to what to cook in it (can you tell that I rarely cook:evilsmile:?). It seems easy and I want to surprise my darling husband with something special.

Thanks much.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

It is the edge of one of my pizza's. I have an industrial but small Neapolitan pizza oven that reaches around 950f that cooks pizza in around 90 seconds. I use the traditional method of making a biga starter and the crust of the pizza is the star in Neapolitan pizza with the topping being less is more.

C33449D8-7039-4C6E-B9B5-767E6F41D9A7.jpg

8AD0BFB3-C1FD-4A3D-A76B-87A590591783.jpg5E13CE10-2626-4D78-8FE4-1A2E0618B2B5.jpg

to Turkish lahmacun

86B68930-0948-4D2D-A18B-A23A6C6A50EA.jpg

8EC62D3B-CB4C-4434-B076-9179A93E6F8D_1.jpg

Hi Jeff, I have a to ask what the small picture at the bottom of your post is. As you know, I love your food photos and have been following them forever (or it seems like forever). Do you ever make Cornish pasties or Shepherds Pie (my personal favorite comfort dish)? We bought an air fryer last month -- any ideas as to what to cook in it (can you tell that I rarely cook:evilsmile:?). It seems easy and I want to surprise my darling husband with something special. Thanks much. Jackie
Hi Jackie, It is the edge of one of my pizza's. I have an industrial but small Neapolitan pizza oven that reaches around 950f that cooks pizza in around 90 seconds. I use the traditional method of making a biga starter and the crust of the pizza is the star in Neapolitan pizza with the topping beinf less is more. C33449D8-7039-4C6E-B9B5-767E6F41D9A7.jpg8AD0BFB3-C1FD-4A3D-A76B-87A590591783.jpg5E13CE10-2626-4D78-8FE4-1A2E0618B2B5.jpg to Turkish lahmacun 86B68930-0948-4D2D-A18B-A23A6C6A50EA.jpg8EC62D3B-CB4C-4434-B076-9179A93E6F8D_1.jpg

Jackie, I use the airfryer wherever a convection oven or fryer ... so everything from charsiu to wings or breadcrumb prawns ..

0FA469F9-A270-4F2E-AE4F-4699752CB745.jpg

321FC0AE-D6B3-4DF3-8917-68F8FE31D736.jpg

.... the pizza oven is the oven on the right ... it takes over two hours to get to max heat but produces authentic neapolitan pizza ..

546FD705-F901-47DF-AFF7-15221A7A1646.jpg

My word, I’ve finally found someone that likes toys more than me!

It is close to an illness.:D I imported the oven from Naples.

I get obsessed with perfecting something and then spend as much time as it takes. Typical was an obsession to make real fish and chips at home. So a double Lincat deep fat fryer was installed ....

The same happened with ice cream. A Gaggia ice cream machine ... and of course only a commercial Gaggia coffee machine would do. And then I had to roast my own blend of green beans with the best ratio of robusta and arabica .. so a bean roaster was found.

And then of,course baguettes. So I had to make a French bread oven that could inject steam for the first five minutes ...

I am just a bloke that gets obsessed with perfecting stuff I eat when I travel. Hence Singapore .... and a commercial wok ring.

Greetings Coolers! We finally have rain! Everything here was been browning for almost a month. Plants and lawns are rejoicing!

J....lovely food display! :)

Pam....please don't worry about a trailing bad smell! The Cooler denizens are quite used to that. In fact during the frigid winter months here my fellow Coolers graciously put up with me even when I go weeks between showers because I cannot bear (or bare) to disrobe for fear of turning into a mysty-cicle. If you would like to loiter here, please do!

Today's funny.....

36335426_2165481930132689_2281712379706212352_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=959c46022153cd1cee1e17b9004bce3e&oe=5BE392ED

Have a great weekend all!

Lovely funny M. Each day, they take a touch more thought until the penny drops.

Dave, you would love Singapore if you enjoy Asian food and want to improve your own kitchen performance. The nature of hawker food means you can watch whilst they cook stuff and then come home and replicate.

It is such good fortune to enjoy decent food and be able to indulge,oneself in learning. I’m not a very good restaurant goer ... I prefer to prepare and eat at home and I cannot tolerate where presentation is precedent over content. It annoys me when people say how wonderful food is because they have had a meal that is decorative “as seen on TV” rather than genuiinely well prepared. I also like the ingredients be respected and allowed to speak for themselves.

:)

Singapore is vey very high on the list Jeff, I’d love the street food but not the bugs! I’m quite adventurous with food but draw the line at insects!

We were looking at the Muse from Singapore to Hong Kong in November with a couple of days in Singapore but that’s out of the window now.

I meant food wise Jeff. Ach-y-fi! Aren’t a lot of the street vendors selling crickets, silk worm kebabs and scorpions there?

Glorious day @balcony btw.

Very interesting, I’m Just watching the launch of Boaty Mc Boatface (RSS David Attenborough) on TV from Cammell Llairds where my dad used to work! I used to go to every launch there when I was a kid.